Start by marking “House of Mercy” as Want to Read:

House of Mercy

When Beth’s world falls apart, can she ever be whole again?

Beth has a gift of healing—which is why she wants to become a vet and help her family run their fifth-generation cattle ranch. Her father’s dream of helping men in trouble and giving them a second chance is her dream too. But it only takes one foolish decision for Beth to destroy it all.

Beth scrambles to redeem her
Published August 6th 2012 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about House of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Mercy

Start your review of House of Mercy
Keiki Hendrix
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read Erin Healy’s previous novels and enjoyed them. As I began this review, I searched for adequate words to describe her writing style. I settled on two words, vivid and elegant.

In Erin Healy’s newest novel, House of Mercy, the author uses vivid imagery and elegant descriptive style to explore attempts to understand events where we truly want to do what is right in the face of devastating events, but some consequences cannot be avoided.

This story is about a young woman named Beth who makes
J.S. Bailey
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One thing that I love about Erin Healy's novels is the emotional impact her writing has on the reader. House of Mercy is the story of Beth Borzoi, who makes one foolish mistake that brings her world crashing down around her. Her actions lead to a lawsuit, a death, and the search for a man she has never known. I felt myself grieving with Beth through her loss and pain to the extent that I almost could feel it myself. I often found myself getting angry at characters who were treating Beth ...more
Renn Shearin
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
When Beth’s world falls apart, can she ever be whole again?

Beth scrambles to redeem her mistake, pleading with God for help, even as a mystery complicates her life. But the repercussions grow more unbearable—a
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Have you ever done something on impulse that wound up having repercussions that extend far beyond what you could have ever imagined? Have you ever struggled with how to undo what has already been done?

That is exactly the spot we find our lead character in when we meet her. She makes a decision against her better judgment that begins a downward spiral not only for herself but for those that she loves the most.

At one time if you would have asked me if I liked speculative fiction I would have said
Faye
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An intricately woven story of family and relying on God for true strength and power.

Bethesda Borzoi is the daughter of a noble rancher, and her world is turned on its end by one horrible mistake with devestating repercussions. As things unravel one by one Beth must lean on her faith to trust her future to God no matter how bleak it seems.

Riveting from the very beginning to the last page, House of Mercy was the kind of book that just sucked me into it's depths. The many well-rounded characters
Jerry
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one; it was intense and rather dramatic.
Carrie
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
House of Mercy is an interesting blend of magic and mystery as the heroine, Bethesda Borzoi, searches to fix the tragic mistake she makes. Beth only wants to help, be it people or animals, just like her father. She has a gift for healing and decides to become a vet and work on the family ranch. One night she is contacted by a friend who asks her to help his sick horse. To do so she makes a choice that will spiral into the potential destruction of everything she holds dear.

Beth’s mistakes that
Emma
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Some people feel a profound need to fix the world. Beth Borzoi does and learns the hard way that it is not her place to try and mend everything. Her mistake could cost her family everything. In attempt to right her wrong, Beth sets out on a quest to find her estranged grandfather…but she is being led by a wolf. The very wolf that had seemed to launch the nightmare her life had become.

I have a confession to make. I needed something to read, and I picked House of Mercy because it had a horse on
Kathleen
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beth Borzoi is a twenty-two year old girl who has been blessed with the gift of healing. She has dreamed of becoming a veterinarian, but poor decisions made one night will have ramifications that could cost her family to lose their fifth generation cattle ranch, The Blazing B, as well as tear her family apart. Dejected by the circumstances that she has brought upon her family, Beth is determined to make amends for her mistakes, and journeys to seek out the assistance of her maternal grandfather ...more
Lisa Johnson
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Title: House of Mercy
Author: Erin Healy
Pages: 384
Year: 2012
Publishers: Thomas Nelson
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo... . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988
As I was beginning this book, like all other books I read, I was wondering what the point of the story is. What is it that an author is trying to communicate to
Jim
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, fiction
"How? I can't control this gift.

The answer was whispered into her heart with a voice so full of love that it could do no wounding. My mercy doesn't exist because of who you are, but because of who I am.

Then why do you need me to do it?"

Beth Borzoi is the daughter of a fifth generation Colorado rancher and wants to be a vet. But a choice to take a midnight ride on a thoroughbred horse that ends in death for the horse puts the future of the ranch and Beth's family at stake.

How will she, and her
Deba
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Erin Healy’s "House of Mercy," a thread is weaved through a story of redemption, forgiveness and acceptance by realizing God’s everlasting mercy towards us. Healy's ability to weave a story that draws you in is not just captivating, but also, very well-written. She pens a tale that touches your soul and lives forever in your heart. HOUSE OF MERCY is about the source of all comfort, and that is exactly what makes it a read you won't be able to deny. It includes spiritual references for one to ...more
Christian Fiction Addiction
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
House of Mercy is one of those books where I became so absorbed in the character's lives, so worked up over the unjust treatment Beth received (especially from her brother), that I could barely sit still while reading it due to my desire to reach down into its pages and make people behave! Erin Healy is a fabulous author, seeming to effortlessly combine a unique, fast-paced plot with suspense and elements of the supernatural. She excels at creating characters who pulse with life, who are set ...more
Cindy
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beth Borzois has a gift. She is really good with animals and has known this since she was a young teenager, in fact her dream was to go to college to be a vet. However, all her dreams come crashing down around her after one night of poor choices. Riding a thoroughbred race horse, she is attacked by a wolf, and the horse falls, breaking a leg, and now the owner is after blood, he is suing her family for everything they have, and more. Somehow, some way Beth has to find a way to fix this.

I found
Gail Welborn
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Erin Healy blends a touch of magical fantasy with mystery in her new release, House of Mercy, where readers meet a young woman who’s blessed with the supernatural gift of healing. That gift and the 6,500 acre cattle ranch her family has worked for five generations is why Beth wants to become a vet and work the Blazing B ranch with her family. She couldn’t know she would put that dream, as well as her family in jeopardy by what she was about to do.

Beth Borzoi rationalized her actions as she “
Meagan Myhren-bennett
by Erin Healy

Bethesda(Beth) has made a mistake - a mistake that could cost her everything she holds dear. Beth is determined to put things right but that may not be possible. At 22 you'd think she'd know better and she in fact did, but she wanted to help. It didn't like such a big thing. No one would miss it.

But one wrong decision leads to another and Beth is caught up in something she never expected and her entire family will pay for it. With no hope of coming up with the
Brenda
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beth Borzoi knows she has the gift of healing, and that's why she has the dream of becoming a vet, but an act of poor judgement causes her to make a mistake that not only puts dreams on hold but could also cost her and her family everything that they hold dear.

Strong,well written characters really made this contemporary fiction come to life. Beth's character was easy to like, although I felt like she was a bit immature in the beginning,she really was a good person who tried to make the right
Maureen Timerman
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
A book I never wanted to end...I felt like I was walking with my hand in Gods. Erin Healy has written a powerful book, and we experience good and evil.
Bethesda Borzios has wanted to be a Vet since she was a little girl, but one night a wrong decision [or was it the right one] changes her life forever. Because of her decision her family is about to loose their home and ranch. Beth is determined to remedy what she has broke, but how.
Does she have enough faith to follow where God is leading her?
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS

This was different than my usual genre read, but I thoroughly enjoyed this intriguing and mysterious book. I enjoyed the vivid descriptions of life on the ranch so wonderfully described by the author. I really like Beth, and was sadened at times for the situation she was in. As you get into the story, you will see that Beth’s family has their issues too, issues that need tending to. But we will see that Erin Healy clearly uses Beth’s difficult situation to show God’s mercy and grace,
Janna Ryan
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Erin Healy has a very interesting book on her hands in her latest release, "House of Mercy". I'm not quite sure what to think of it to be honest. It is considered suspense but I almost think spec fiction might be a better category for it. It is very out there, not in a bad way or a good way, just a very unique way. My first impression is that I had a hard time putting it down once I started. The characters were engaging, especially Beth, and I really started feeling what she was going through. ...more
Steve Gilbert
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy reading Erin Healy's books and this was no exception. This is the story of Beth who makes one mistake after another and causes great trouble for her family. She looks for a miracle, for mercy by trying to find her grandfather that she never knew. In that journey, she is helped by a mysterious wolf. The wolf reminded me a lot of C.S. Lewis' Aslan. He is a good wolf, but is dangerous and may cause you harm. This was, to me, a nice allegory of what mercy can really look like. It ...more
Shannon
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Compelling characters, a twisting mystery, and a spectacular setting combine to make this a unique tale of redemption and discovery. And it's Erin Healy, people! Her writing is just killer.
Katherine
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A good story by a good story teller!
Wendell Hennan
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Supernatural stories are not my passion and while it was difficult to reconcile in my mind the reality of Mercy, the huge wild wolf who leads Beth through adventures and healing, I kept reading through to the end. Beth is responsible for the death of a valuable stud horse and the owner successfully sues her and her family's ranch. The stress results in her father dying from a heart attack and the family is thrown into double stress and disagreement. Beth learns or her grandfather and seeks him ...more
Lynn Weldon
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy reading Erin’s books. This was no exception. House of Mercy tells a story of wrong choices and God’s redemption and oh His Mercy in everything we do. God told Beth to believe Him. And she did. With this belief came her healing!!! I would love to read a sequel to this book as some of the stories are still untold
Jackie Rogers
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin Healy knows how to tell a story. Her books start simply and build the tension throughout. Liked the horses and the wolf in this story. The wolf was a magic touch. Beth has made a big mess for hewr family and wants to make it better. The wolf is on her side. Loved this novel.
Caryl
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-challenge
COMPELLING! I was immediately drawn into the story. The twists and turns kept me turning the pages. I love the deep, spiritual truth woven into the story. This book is a must read!
Angela
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Its a good book but the story drags along at an incredibly slow pace. I was also not a huge fan of the ending. I felt like it left too many subplots unanswered.
Starr
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-2019-read
I was immediately intrigued by the synopsis of this book. But, I didn’t know what I was getting myself into and I didn’t know what lay in store for me. I had heard a lot about Healy, and became even more excited her when I discovered that she partnered with Ted Dekker (who is one of my top favorite authors). Still, I wasn’t expecting this.
Beautiful, painful, raw and truth. It’s like having a harsh truth revealed without any protections or preparation. There was so many emotions going through
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kiss
  • Burn
  • Hangman's Curse (Veritas Project, #1)
  • Almost Interesting
  • I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 3: Good Girl
  • The Grumble-Free Year: Twelve Months, Eleven Family Members, and One Impossible Goal
  • We Hope for Better Things
  • The Everafter
  • A Home Redeemed - A Christian Suspense (Elliot-Kings Book 2)
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • The Mysterious Past of a Delicate Flower: A Historical Regency Romance Book
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • Born, Darkly (Darkly, Madly Duet, #1)
  • Everything to Lose
  • Decoy (Elliot Kings #1)
  • However Many More (Jake Houser Mystery Series, #2)
  • Jamie MacLeod: Highland Lass (Highland Collection, #1)
  • Game of Snipers
Erin Healy is a supernatural-suspense novelist and an award-winning fiction editor. She began working with Ted Dekker in 2002 and edited twelve of his heart-pounding stories before their collaboration on KISS, the first novel to seat her on "the other side of the desk."

Erin is the owner of WordWright Editorial Services, a consulting firm specializing in fiction book development. She lives with her