Start by marking “Scarlet and the White Wolf (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scarlet and the White Wolf (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #1)

Scarlet and the White Wolf (Scarlet and the White Wolf #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  3,045 Ratings  ·  214 Reviews
Scarlet of Lysia is an honest peddler, a young merchant traveling the wild, undefended roads to support his aging parents. Liall, called the Wolf of Omara, is the handsome, world-weary chieftain of a tribe of bandits blocking a mountain road that Scarlet needs to cross. When Liall jokingly demands a carnal toll for the privilege, Scarlet refuses and an inventive battle of ...more
Published (first published June 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Scarlet and the White Wolf, please sign up.

Ireyon There is. I'm not sure how prominent you want it, however. The attraction and later love between the main characters is very open, though explicit sex…moreThere is. I'm not sure how prominent you want it, however. The attraction and later love between the main characters is very open, though explicit sex is not as common as in other books of the genre. The book paces itself rather well in that regard.

There are no fade to black scenes I recall. No "Yes, they're having sex but we won't show it" going on.(less)

Pickles
Feb 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of fantasy-romance
Years ago I read a fanfic for one of my favorite anime couples. It was a historical M/M romance and it might as well have been an original piece of fiction because the author took the characters to a whole new level. In this fanfic, which I’ll readily admit was probably the best I’ve read to date, the characters never shared any kind of physical intimacy, not even a kiss. Some people might lament the fact that there wasn’t any sex, but it was so well-written, the sexual tension so palpable, and ...more
Nancy
Posted at Shelf Inflicted

Once again, I’m going to gripe about authors who split novels into small parts. I don’t mind so much if the entire story is written and in my possession. I really dislike waiting forever between installments, cruel cliffhangers, and unanswered questions. Furthermore, when I pay $4.99 for a story, I want it to be complete. Otherwise, I feel I’m getting ripped off.

That said, I really enjoyed this captivating and atmospheric fantasy just as much as I did when I read it in
Karen
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mm
Hey there Little Red Riding Hood...
You sure are looking good
You're everything that a big bad wolf could want...

Well of course this song came to mind for me. Come on now...tell me you're surprised? I mean really we have a cute guy, named Scarlet, in a red hooded coat who travels through the woods...ok, he kind of travels all over the place he's a peddler and we have a big, hunky, aggressive, use to getting his own way bad guy...but not really who people refer to as a wolf but in fact goes by th
Mel
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review for the whole series (well currently including up until book #4, but there is more to come)

I don't have words for how much I loved this whole series. I love fantasy, but so far most fantasy I've read was lacking in the romance department. So to find a series that combines both, and in such a great way, makes me super happy. So happy I'll just have to add it to my small collection of favourites.

I found these books, because I was reading an anthology by the author and really liked her style
Lola  Reviewer
I found it hard to really get into the story at the beginning but, when Scarlet met the White Wolf, I got hooked and couldn't stop reading.
It was predictable but yet so beautiful and remarkably memorable. I really want to know what is going to happen next, you damn cliffhanger. :)

I LOVED IT!

Xing
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Deception," Fate said. "Be on your guard. You will be told a lie or you will fall in love with one, and you will follow it to the ends of the earth."

I've read The Pedlar and the Bandit King years ago, right about when I started my entry into M/M fiction. In the almost-three years since then, I've revisited this book several times, I can say for certainty that this series still holds a dear place in my literary heart. Yet for some reason of insanity, I haven't written a review. So here's me, and
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
There's a reason why I waited to read this book... I'm stupid!!!

I am probably loving this book a bit more than it's rationally justifiable, because there is something about the world Scarlet lives in that is eluding me and there are things about Scarlet's parents that weren't perfectly consistent, in my opinion, but when I re-read it, I will probably clear my head about it.

I can't let go of this picture of Scarlet in my mind, of this slender, beautiful, brave, confused young man in the red-coat
Thibaut Nicodème
Sep 09, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Review edited on 27/2/2014

Did not finish this book.

Being gay, or accepting of queer people in general, is not an excuse for misogyny. I say it when bloggers like Perez Hilton sexually harass an actress claiming "I'm gay so it's okay" and I'll say it when a book is riddled with too much misogyny for my brain to process.

It's one thing to enforce gender roles in a society inspired by our own. It's another to create a society from scratch where polygamy is allowed, and each "wife" is essentially a s
Ilhem
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pedlar and the Brigand King is a tale that succeeds in entertaining the reader with otherworldly adventures where deep characterization has no part to play, certainly, but which offers interesting characters who fulfil their function to mirror human weaknesses.

The author builds an extremely rich world of kingdoms and people I still need to become familiar with but I liked feeling slightly disoriented; it’s part of the game, after all!
I enjoyed the story that may be without big surprise but p
Тамрико
Just finished re-reading and loved it as much as the first time, maybe even more so, because the second time brings out the details that I didn't think significant before.
Moving onto book 2.
The Backlot Gay B...: Scarlet and the White Wolf series by Kirby Crow 30 38 May 22, 2016 06:12PM
  • Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1)
  • The Archer's Heart
  • Dynasty of Ghosts
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell, #2)
  • Prisoner (Kria, #1)
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Strange Fortune
  • The God Eaters
  • A Strong and Sudden Thaw (A Strong and Sudden Thaw, #1)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords #2)
  • Guardian (Aisling, #1)
  • Truth in the Dark
  • The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1)
  • Sacred Fate (Chronicles of Ylandre #1)
  • The Cat in the Cradle (Loka Legends, #1)
  • Cethe
  • Brute
Kirby Crow worked as an entertainment editor and ghostwriter for several years before happily giving it up to bake brownies, read yaoi, play video games, and write her own novels. Whenever she isn't slaying Orcs or flying a battleship for the glory of the Amarr Empire, she can be found in the kitchen, her vegetable garden, or at the keyboard, tapping away at her next book.

Kirby is a winner of the
More about Kirby Crow...

Scarlet and the White Wolf (5 books)
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
  • The King of Forever (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #4)
  • The Temple Road (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #5)
“Liall realized that this was the first time he had really been alone with Scarlet.
He stood up and held out his hand. The blanket dropped from his shoulders. "Come here."
Scarlet reached out to him tentatively and Liall quickly dragged him into his arms. He fits there perfectly, Liall thought, snug if not a little small. Scarlet did not respond at first, as if he would pull away, and for a moment Liall believed he had made a huge mistake. Then, surprisingly, Scarlet sighed and his arms went around Liall's back. Scarlet turned his head to rest his cheek against Liall's bare chest as hey listened to the rain batten on the roof.
"Thank you for saving my life." Liall murmured.”
3 likes