Start by marking “15 Seconds” as Want to Read:
15 Seconds

Read Excerpt

15 Seconds

Henry Steadman is a successful Florida plastic surgeon on his way to deliver a keynote address at a conference when his world falls apart. Stopped by the police for a minor traffic violation, the situation escalates and he is pulled from his vehicle, handcuffed, and told he is under arrest. Several other police cars arrive and the questioning turns scary, but after it subs ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about 15 Seconds, please sign up.
Sweetpoet65 I don't think the language (meaning foul and/or crude) was bad - I just finished the book and I can't recall anything shocking.

Tulay
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good thriller.

You have to over look somethings, just read and enjoy it. Touching story, two dads and two daughters. One trying to blame everybody but himself about how his daughter turned out. Second dad is trying to save his daughter, but don't understand why his practice is in the pain clinic. Plastic surgeon, travels with doctors without borders. From do beginning you can guess the ending, hope won't be another blood killings. Perfect book for a long plane trip.
Alan
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Moderate Spoiler. I finished this book, as tough as it was to do. My opinion only; if you don't finish a book you should not review it. This book started with promise. The story outline was interesting, convoluted and clearly was going to continue to get complicated. Alas, I found the book to be filled with irritating errors. As an example; at one point, Dr. Steadman (the protagonist) has "only $60 in cash left" Previously, he had stopped using cards because he was being tracked by half the cops ...more
Lewis Weinstein
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great read from start to finish. High tension. Surprises. Emotion. Action. I will not spoil your read by revealing anything about the plot.
Harvey Burgess
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Yes, Andrew Gross has a way of making you turn pages. The trouble with "15 Seconds," though, is that you're turning pages - at first - to see what stupid mistakes Dr. Henry Steadman is making. For a character who's supposed to be reasonably intelligent, Henry makes some ridiculously bad choices early on, beginning with smart-aleck responses to a cop who's just pulled him over in Jacksonville, Fla., and going downhill from there. It makes the first half of the book exceedingly frustrating, but yo ...more
Kimberly Hicks
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Shelves: read-on-kindle
What an adrenaline rush!!!! I haven't read a book with this much action since I read Dan Brown's The Davinci Code. OMG, this book was packed with edge-of-your-seat-nail-biting action!

When you think about 15 seconds, one wonders just how much can happen in that short amount of time span? Well I'm here to tell you, if you're Dr. Henry Steadman, 15 Seconds feels like a damn lifetime!

Poor Dr. Steadman, all he was trying to do was be the renowned plastic surgeon he had become--and be a loving father,
Brenda
When young Amanda, high on drugs, crashed her car and killed two innocent people, it was the start of a catastrophic chain of events that would ultimately affect many lives.

When Dr Henry Steadman stepped off the plane to head to his motel, then a round of golf with his good friend, Mike, before he was due to speak at a medical conference that evening, little did he know he was on a collision course with murder, revenge, tragedy and fear.

With Carrie's first day back at work as part of the police
E. H. Nathasia
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 from me. Wow it is an adrenaline rush. I started reading at 12 midnight and finished at 2am. I just couldn't stop, a page turner definitely. Although the protagonists frustrates me with his panicked dialogues and actions, I persevere and push through till the end.
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who don't mind underdeveloped characters
Recommended to Jennifer by: no one
I bought this in the Dallas Airport, looking for something to pass the time on the plane ride home. Though I read it to the end, it drove me nuts and made me realize how well Harlen Coben actually does stand alones like this. So here's the set up. A successful plastic surgeon, Henry Steadman, has just flown down to Jacksonville. He's got his day all planned out--golf with a college buddy, an evening giving a talk at a Doctors Without Borders conference, and a nightcap with a certain lady who has ...more
Marlene
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To Deborah Jean, her mother’s words of caution were unnecessary. After all, “What can happen in fifteen seconds?” 15 seconds. 15 fateful seconds is all it took to wreak havoc and utterly destroy lives.

To nineteen year old Amanda, life was anything but easy, and is quickly spiraling downhill out of control. Her wretched dad always yelling, threatening; her uptight boss, asinine instructor, and two-timing boyfriend. And now, to top it all, she was going to be late to class again. Thank goodness s
David
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is another outstanding thriller by Andrew Gross. I was interested to read that the catalyst for this story came from a true-life incident where Andrew Gross was wrongly detained and threatened by an over-officious law enforcement officer. Fortunately for Andrew Gross, his real-life incident had a significantly more benign result than the main character of this novel, Dr Henry Steadman, whose life spirals out of control after a similar roadside meeting with the law. Previously, a short drug- ...more
Alise
Jul 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nu jā... sižets un visi notikumi ārkārtīgi klišejiski un līdz nāvei garlaicīgi. Varoņi stulbi un viņu rīcība vēl stulbāka un vispār neloģiska. Atrisinājums saprotams jau grāmatas pirmajās 90 lpp. Tuklāt valoda un teikumu uzbūve tāda, ka brīžiem sāk raustīties kreisās kājas mazais pirkstiņš. Pat pa diagonāli lasīt šo grāmatu ir tīrākās mocības.
Terri Lynn
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won this in a recent Goodreads giveaway and couldn't believe my luck! I have won a number of good books but all by authors I had never heard of before. I was familiar with Andrew Gross through the books he has written with James Patterson and was quite eager to read his upcoming solo novel 15 SECONDS.

This book was a wonderful read. The story begins with a young woman named Amanda, a cosmetology student, in her blue Mazda on her way to school. She is whacked out on Oxycodin and Xanax and drivin
Amy Lignor
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At the very beginning of this ‘edge-of-your-seat’ thriller, Dr. Henry Steadman is stopped for a traffic violation. This particular moment in his life is nothing more than a routine ‘pain-in-the-neck,’ but before he is sent on his way the officer who stops him is killed and the murderer takes off. Fate and timing being what they are, Dr. Steadman is now not only the one witness to the crime but he’s also the main suspect.

Steadman has just arrived in Fort Lauderdale in order to speak at a medical
Robel Getaneh
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I tried to like this book. I really did. The book began like any typical thriller with the introduction of the main character and the protagonists. The author wasted no time diving into the action and here is where he lost me. The author did not give me enough time with the main character to grow a fondness for him therefore I was not able to encompass any empathy when bad things began to happen to the character. As things began to get worse for the main character I found myself not caring about ...more
Linda
May 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Read this book via Goodreads First Reads, via my daughter in law. Let me preface my remarks by saying that I NEVER read this genre nor have I read this author. The cover notes state that he has written with James Patterson, whose books are IMHO sophomoric and written at about a 4th grade level, so I was reluctant to attempt this read. While I did not find it as bad as I find Patterson, and it was probably written at a 7th grade level, it is just not my type of book. Errors drive me nuts, and the ...more
Sandi
Jun 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lemmed
I wanted to like this book, I really did. However, it just didn't make any sense. Zero, zip, zilch. I kept hoping the cops would just shoot the protagonist and get it over with. Only one person in this book wasn't totally annoying. Plus, I think I've seen a half dozen movie versions.
Una Tiers
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
An interesting but but very familiar plot. Extreme repetition and unnecessary details took up about twenty five or thirty percent of the book in space.
Sean Peters
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hi

First time reading Andrew Gross and I thoroughly enjoyed this book, tension. gripping and good twists, although it came together very well.
Lawrence
This was one of the best books I've read by Andrew Gross. A true page-turner. If you love AG' s writing, then you will love this book.
Jen Gould
Feb 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Wow, that was hilariously bad. I really shouldn't let my three-year-old pick out my library books based on the color of the cover.
Sarmīte
Kā sava žanra grāmata - laba. Autors gan risinājumu varēja pavilkt ilgāk, grāmatas pēdējā trešdaļa jau sāka garlaikot, bet pašas beigas labas - pārdomas par .. nu labi, izlasiet.
drey
I’ll start off with a PSA: You’ll want to make sure you can finish 15 Seconds in one sitting, because once you start it, you just have to know how this is going to end.

Now let’s get to the fun stuff!

Poor Henry. He’s driving around Jacksonville trying to find his hotel, when he’s pulled over. Before he can catch a breath from clearing up the misunderstanding, the cop’s shot dead. And Henry’s on the run for being a cop-killer.

Then his friend – the one he’s supposed to go golfing with, the one he
Kathy
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I do not think I have ever read one of the Patterson/Gross books, but they do seem to be reader favorites. I saw an ad for "15 Seconds" on Goodreads, so I thought I would give it a try. This is an action-packed book with two stories being told simultaneously. I usually like that and enjoy how the two stories are brought together as one. Henry Steadman is a doctor at a medical conference who gets pulled over for an ordinary traffic stop. What happens after that is far from ordinary. Henry is a wi ...more
Sara
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Someone looking for an adventurous fast read.
15 Seconds starts fast and keeps you hanging until the end. Young Amanda, high on Oxy, crashes her car killing an innocent mother and child. A few states away, Doctor Henry Steadman is roughed by cops while on his way to play golf. The officer is shot by a stealthy drive-by and the entire police force believes Henry is the murderer. When Henry turns to his only local friend, he finds him murdered as well. Page by page, Andrew Gross unveils how the two plots merge. The excitement cools down a bit ...more
Roseanne
May 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Okay, the premise of this book sounded really exciting. Then I started reading it. It started out good enough. Then the writer insulted the average reader's intelligence by trying to get us to believe that a widely respected and semi famous plastic surgeon would leave the scene of a crime he didn't commit. The blunders this man makes is laughable. About 45 pages in, I had already figured out who the real culprit was (I won't spoil it, not that it's a book worth finishing but I digress...)

Glad I
Victoria Brown
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
When I first started this book, I was happy to have a "quick" read, something to fly through. And the first half of the book did not disappoint. Well thought out and interesting. 4 stars to the first half of the book. But after the midpoint, it was all downhill: predictable, trite, cliche, and groan-producing. In the beginning I was intrigued...what's really going on? But in the rest of the book, it was so banal, I thought Gross must have been in a hurry to finish. When i read his bio at the end ...more
Donna
Apr 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Implausible, predictable plot full of silly cliches. Incredibly poor, amateurish writing. Hardly the engrossing, action-packed, thriller that other people seem to have read. Needed a far more skilled editor and far more discerning publisher.
Brian
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This was ok as a palate cleanser after some heavier reading. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing terribly wrong with this book. It just follows the "formula" for this genre. No real twists or turns. No major character developments (or flaws for that matter). Just an ok book.
Versel Rush
Won it on Goodreads and have started it. I'm about 60 pages into it and am hoping against hope that it gets better. So far, I'm disappointed.
Merve
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Klişe bir Amerikan polisiye filmi gibiydi.
No closure on clinic and oxy distribution 3 32 Jan 11, 2013 06:44AM
  • Hideout (Richard Chrisite, #5)
  • They Disappeared
  • The Wrong Man (Jason Kolarich, #3)
  • Need You Now
  • A Killer in the Wind
  • The Soul Saver
  • Fidelity
  • Spilled Blood
  • The Survivor
  • The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (Forensic Instincts, #1)
  • Sleight of Hand (Dana Cutler, #4)
  • Bullied:  The Complete Series
  • Stolen
  • Assassin (Makedde Vanderwall, #6)
  • Adrenaline (Sam Capra, #1)
  • The Devil's Game
  • The Accident
  • The Perfect Stranger
hubby, cook, dad, thriller writer (The Blue Zone, The Dark Tide, Don't Look Twice, and coming soon... Reckless). Love to hear from and meet my fans! Hope you enjoy the newest release RECKLESS, coming April 27, 2010.

Looking forward to sharing my bookshelf with you all, and hoping to get some new reading suggestions!

Become a Facebook Fan

Hope to see you on the tour...