Start by marking “Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)

Dreamless

(Starcrossed #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  37,066 ratings  ·  2,331 reviews
Can true love be FORGOTTEN?

As the only Scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she
Published July 5th 2012 by Macmillan (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamless, please sign up.

·  37,066 ratings  ·  2,331 reviews

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
The way the first book ended makes me wanna cry. Poor Helen and Lucas. I want them to be together!

I NEED this book! Soon. Like now!! Or yesterday, whichever is best!

may 29
Patti
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Simple Mathematics People: Helen is 17 years old…Ajax died 19 years ago…HOW CAN HE BE HER FATHER? They can't even subtract 17 from 19? This better get resolved early in the book.
UPDATE: GORGEOUS COVER

Oh no…a love triangle. Didn't see that coming -.- Angelini, please do it tastefully!

So this is a link to an email from Angelini that actually does clear up this date discrepancy. Thank you to Angela who emailed the author!

After reading:
I can't. Form. Comple
Annabelle
****FINAL RATING: 3.60 STARS****

CATCHALL
I loved Dreamless so much more than Starcrossed, although I was still disappointed with several aspects of it unfortunately. Still, it was an excellent read and I genuinely enjoyed it. I felt that it was an extremely well-done second installment and I was especially impressed by the character development.

THE HEROINE
HELEN
Helen grows a lot in this book. Unfortunately, it's a rather slow growth, and it takes a while to really get into it. She starts out u
Michelle
Aug 04, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Now that I've read Starcrossed I'm really excited about this. Hopefully Helen and Lucas will be told that they are not cousins(and why has nobody else figured it out? I could have sworn like 3 people told her that Ajax died 19 years ago and there was the picture of Jerry kissing Daphne's pregnant stomach!)
Anniebananie
Mittelmaß beschriebt dieses Buch recht gut. Genauso wie bei Band 1 fand ich sowohl Schreibstil als auch Charaktere ein wenig infantil und flach. Auch die Beziehungen und generell die Emotionen wurden für mich dadurch nicht transportiert. Schade eigentlich, denn der Plot an sich ist durchaus ansprechend und mit recht logischen Ideen ausgedacht. Die ersten zwei Drittel des Buches haben den Leser irgendwie in keine gute Stimmung versetzt, allerdings fand ich das letzte Drittel wieder wirklich spann ...more
"That's All" Ash
 photo despicableme.gif

Hold on a sec while I pick my jaw up off the floor…

WOW!

I’m suffering from one GARGANTUAN (love that word) book hangover. Seriously, I’m a mess. You can’t see me right now, but my hair is doing that I’ve-never-heard-of-a-brush thing, and my clothes are direly craving the ironing board (that I never use), and my emotions are off somewhere crying in a corner begging for a shot or bottle of Tequila.

And the buttprint on my very comfy couch is getting larger. I’d like to think that the largeness of
Cait • A Page with a View
It's like the Greek mythology version of Twilight except all of these demigod/scion teens and adults in Nantucket are carrying out a modern version of the events at Troy. The story is so wonderfully clever in parts and is still the best YA Greek mythology retelling I've found! (Ok, Percy Jackson & Co are awesome too, but I read this one first so I'll always love it more).

Basic plot: Helen spends a lot of time descending to Hades in her sleep where she meets the super hot Orion (guess my shi
Cait
As an unforgettable love triangle emerges...

[image error]

A........ a love triangle?!?!?!?

After spending about three weeks researching for an hour-long presentation about Helen and Paris and knowing how their relationship truly was (which I will be editing on my Starcrossed review very soon), I hate this book even more, and she had to add a love triangle into this already jumbled up, mixed up mess?!

[image error]

Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononnononnonnononono
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"'Please,' she sobbed quietly. 'Just kill me now.'"

Oh, Helen, my dear. I would if I could, if only so this book could end sooner and I didn't have to suffer through a month of reading it.

The main thing I can recall about reading this book is that it was so incredibly boring. It took me so long reading it, trudging through it by bits and pieces at a time because it was so completely, utterly unabsorbing. I'm always amazed at how a plot-driven book can be so dull, but this book proves that it can
Sarah Dieng
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am looking forward to reading this one after loving the first one. You find out near the end of the first that Daphne lied about Helen being Ajax's daughter so her and Lucas are not cousins. I just hope they found out soon that they can be together. Can't wait for this one! Great job Josephine!
hayden
Google, define "sophomore slump" for me, please.
"A sophomore slump or sophomore jinx refers to an instance in which a second, or sophomore, effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the antithesis of a sophomore slump. Angelini steps up the action and the passion and the sizzling tension in DREAMLESS; in fact, breathing isn't an option. You'll be holding the air in your lungs and turning pages faster than you can believe.
Helen Hamilton just can't
Sara Bow
Trilogie hat mich leider enttäuscht - eher etwas für jüngere Leser...
Lucia
May 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Everything I liked in first book was not present in this instalment. Moreover, author introduced new character and created love triangle. A big no-no for me!

My Lucas, Helen and Orion:

This book is excellent example of how to ruin series which had plenty of potential. So what would I recommend not to do?

*Change heroine from lovable girl into whinning self-pittying girl.

*Take away banters and interactions between hero and heroine which were the most interesting part of book #1 and which made this s
Ina
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow....... Got to say, before, I thought this was gonna be... "Ehh..." Because of the mention of "Love Triangles" But, when I got a hold of that ARC, Wow... IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Josie cleared up a lot of messes we were talking about. such as, the cousins part, and added a very cute new character ;D
LOVED IT!!!
I stayed up all night reading it! Definite must read!!!

My review before I read this:
"A... Love.. Triangle... WTF... I now completely DETEST love triangles.. I mean, it is good
Cora Tea Party Princess
The start of this book was actually OK, for the first 10 pages or so and then it went down hill. So... Let's try something different here...

***

Hi, my name's Helen. I am the absolutely STUNNING AND PERFECT LOOKING protagonist of this book. In fact, I'm the most freaking beautiful girl in the world. No joke. The face that launched a thousand ships and all that. Doesn't matter that beauty is subject to the eyes of the beholder and different cultures have different definitions of beautiful.

Last book
Nikoleta
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy
Αυτό το βιβλίο το ευχαριστήθηκα. Είναι όσα όλα ζητούσα από ένα βιβλίο στην παρούσα φάση, με την παρούσα διάθεση. Δράση (πολλή), περιπέτεια, αναπάντεχα γεγονότα και έρωτας. Και όλα αυτά σε μια όμορφη αφήγηση. Από το πρώτο βιβλίο με εξέπληξε ευχάριστα. Η αφήγηση έχει μια ποιότητα που σπάνια περιμένω να βρω όταν πιάνω αυτό το είδος.
Δύο αρνητικά έχω να θίξω μόνο. Οι ήρωες είναι λίγο αφελείς, πολλές φορές παίρνουν ανόητες αποφάσεις, έχουν αψυχολόγητες συμπεριφορές κ.λ.π.
Το άλλο είναι το ότι στη σειρ
Colleen Houck
Lots of action. Another swoon worthy boy. Cool new powers. What's not to love? Very excited to move on to the last book! Can't wait to see what happens next. =)
Linda
I was so excited when starting this one! Angelini introduces a new demigod called Orion and Helen gains strength when getting new abilities. I am still on #TeamLucas because that's the only ending-ship I am going to accept.

A great sequel; giving ☆☆☆.

.+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙Visit my blog for more reviews and recommendations or take a look at my bookstagram. Thank you for reading this review! 💐
Glass
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***NOTE! review is posted on Ja čitam, a ti?

Are you, Jose Angelini, one of the descendants of, um, I don't know... Is there Greek goddess of torturing by cliffhangers? Just to make one thing clear - I wouldn't mind if you leave the love story as it is. Yes, I am that kinky.

Second book in Starcrossed series picks up where first one ended so maybe it would be good idea if you refresh your memory before you start reading. Dreamless is more focused on Helen's role in the new world she found hersel
Leen Gilis
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ook het tweede deel in de serie Goddelijk is een prachtig boek! Ik heb me door de eerste vijftig bladzijden geworsteld, maar toen ik verder las, zat ik gevangen in het boek. Ik kon niet meer stoppen met lezen en het was heel moeilijk om het boek aan de kant te leggen. Ik vind de mengeling van mythologie en fantasie echt geweldig! Het vervolg mag van mij snel komen!
Tintentraeume
Eines der besten Bücher, das ich seit langer Zeit gelesen habe.

~ Rezension folgt...
Nasty Lady MJ
Sep 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To see full review click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

Screw the format I usually follow.

I can't do it today. Not after I read this rainbow turd of a book. That's right, I said rainbow turd. And when I say rainbow turd, you know the book's shitty. If you don't want to read my entire rant about why Dreamless was even more insipid than its shitty predecessor, I'll briefly summarize why I hated it: it was way too long, the character is on the same Mary Sue level as Bethany Church, a
BooksandtheirWorld
Besser als Band 1, aber leider für mich immer noch mehr verwirrend.
Ich wünschte mir, die Autorin würde mehr Fragen aufklären, als neue zu beschreiben, das macht mich ja schon fast wahnsinnig.
Entweder ich verstehe es einfach nicht richtig, oder aber es wird auch immer wieder etwas ein klein wenig anders erzählt, sodass ich auch da wieder mehr als verwirrt bin.
Im Vergleich zum dritten Band, ist es hier aber sogar nicht ok.
Marianna
Sep 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A few minutes ago I finished Starcrossed and writing my review I said "Can't wait to read the sequel".
And when I come here to mark this as Want-to-Read what do I see? WHAT DO I SEE?

!THERE IS A LOVE TRIANGLE!

Why do bad things happen to good people????
(Good people=Me, bad things=Love Triangle)
Melle
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Der zweite Band war meines Erachtens ein wenig schwächer als der Erste. Die abschließende Kampfszene war klasse und hat wirklich Spaß gemacht zu lesen, allerdings kommt der Band insgesamt für mich nicht ganz an den Vorreiter ran. Dennoch bietet er eine gute Grundlage für einen grandiosen abschließenden Band - auf in den großen finalen Kampf :-)
Erin
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-on-ipad
*****3.5 stars*******

Okay, so this is a toughie for me. I am a huge Starcrossed fan, it is such a well-executed, thrilling story with characters that I just absolutely fell in love with. The wait for Dreamless was a long one, so I couldn't wait to dive right in the day it was released. Honestly, though, I found myself really struggling to get back into the story, and at about 20% in I had to shelf this one for a few weeks. I finally sat down today and finished it, and I was a little disappointed
Olivia
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!!

IM IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES! This book was as good (or even better) than the first one! Ahh I can't even come up with words to describe how amazing it was. The writing is phenomenal and all the dialogue between the characters is so funny and flawless!

If you haven't read this series, start it right now!!
Quincy
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2012
Not another love triangle!!! I truly, truly hate them. They make women look like whores and they're just so......... TRITE. (But, yes, I'm still going to read the book)
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ένα είναι σίγουρο... Η Josephine Angelini έχει έναν και μοναδικό σκοπό... να μας πεθάνει! Ω, ναι φίλοι μου! Αν έχετε διαβάσει το "Χαμένοι Θεοί" και δεν έχετε προχωρήσει ακόμα στο "Καταραμένοι Θεοί", μπορείτε να υποθέσετε από το παραπάνω σχόλιο τι σας περιμένει ή τουλάχιστον, να πάρετε μια μικρή, πολύ μικρή γεύση. Γιατί αν ήταν σχεδόν αδύνατον να αφήσεις από τα χέρια σου το πρώτο βιβλίο της σειράς, ξεκινώντας να διαβάζεις το δεύτερο, το πιθανότερο είναι πως θα σηκώσεις το βλέμμα σου από τις σελίδ ...more

• Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.

Starcrossed (3 books)
  • Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
“...try to remember that dreams do come true, but they don't come easily.” 178 likes
“You're my invisible sun, aren't you?” 126 likes