Start by marking “Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)

Hacienda Moon

(Path Seekers #1)

Love, obsession, and betrayal, the most powerful human emotions, are spun together in this gothic novel. Tandie Harrison is a police medium who has just suffered a divorce after losing both her psychic visions and her daughter in a car accident. When she leaves New York City to start a new life near her hometown, she moves into the alluring plantation house, Chelby Rose, a ...more
Published July 28th 2012 by The TriGate Group (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hacienda Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hacienda Moon

Sylvia
WoW WoW WoW! KaSonndra Leigh you have done it again. This book is amazing, captivating, thrilling, engrossing, mysterious, hypnotic, spooky, creepy, haunting, tragic, seductive and beautiful. I want to thank the wonderful KaSonndra Leigh for providing me, along with my fellow moderators, with an ARC ebook. I have been desperately hanging to read this book, ever since Ka informed us of it, and let me tell you I was captivated from the first page. I was instantly drawn into the story and was ready ...more
D.M.
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hacienda Moon is the first book I've read by KaSonndra Leigh. I have to be honest it isn't my usual story, however, I was looking for something different and this book was definitely that. It's a dark gothic novel with a spooky edge.

Tandie Harrison is moving out of the big city and back to near her hometown. She has found a quirky house, Chelby Rose to stay at that is in need of some maintenance. Eric Frontalvo is the handyman for the job and Tandie doesn't mind him hanging around. The house ha
Erin
Wow, this was such a completely unexpected mind-warp!! First off, a great big thank you to author KaSonndra Leigh for allowing myself and my fellow moderators to have an ebook ARC of her latest work! I have been so anxious to get my hands on this story, and KaSonndra did not disappoint!!

Summary:
Hacienda Moon is the story of a woman named Tandie Harrison who is looking for a fresh start after her world was torn apart. A terrible car accident took away her psychic visions and left her beloved daug
Jody
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ghosts
Hacienda Moon is a seductive tale of one woman’s journey to confront the demons of her past and find the courage to face her future. Its is a mesmerising novel that explores the deepest depths of human nature.

Hacienda Moon has everything a gothic novel needs. Mystery, curses, death, secret rooms, spooky attics, graves and all wrapped up in a ghostly old house full of gloomy and dark atmosphere.
KaSonndra is a very beautiful and skilled writer. I could feel all of the emotions the characters wer
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'd like to thank the wonderful KaSondra Leigh for providing me with an ARC of this book to read prior to it's release date.
This book was not what I expected, that is for sure! I actually did not read the blurb prior to reading it, so I only had an inkling of what it was about. I wasn't ready for spooky, mysterious, tragic, crazy, and adventurous!
This is the story of Tandie, a woman who returns to her roots after tragedy strikes her life. It's the story of how she learns to live her life again t
Inna
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review also on my blog
So first things first, I would like to thank KaSonndra for giving me the honor of reading and reviewing her newest and utterly amazing book. I am totally honored that i got a chance to review this as it's a fantastic read. Now on to the actual review. Hacienda Moon has everything that a novel needs to be great. From loss, to horrifying murders, to breathtaking love story, and lastly to some rather crazy and scary ghost, the way KaSonndra incorporated all these elements in
Adriana

Wow what can i say about this awsome book.. Firstly i would like to thank the awsome and wonderful author KaSonndra Leigh for giving the honour of reading and reviewing the ARC of her latest masterpiece. Once again KaSonndra has created a must read. This story has a little bit of everything love, ghosts, recarnation, curses, witches, murder and dont forget mystery. It was such an adventurous ride.

After a terrible car accident claims the life of her precious daughter and let me tell you i was in
Cecilia Robert
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I'd like to thank the author for giving me a chance to read and review her latest book.

Hacienda Moon is equal parts romance and spooky (in a good way). I loved it!

The main characters in the book:
Tandie's world is shattered when she loses her baby girl in an accident after a truck rams into them throwing them off a bridge. She survived, her child dies. She picks the pieces of her life, and after going through divorce from her husband moves to Bolivia, North Carolina and starts her l
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love a good mystery
KaSonndra Leigh's is a name you will soon remember because she's about to hit the big time.

A while ago, I read her novel Copper Suns and while reading Hacienda Moon I have noticed that her writing has greatly improved. She's ready for the big time!

Unlike Copper Suns, Hacienda Moon is not a YA novel. No sir re bobby! This one is for the adults!

A gothic romance you won't want to put down. This book is full of ghosties, bumpities, psychic visions, and ahhhhh!! SPIDERS!!!

There's also a bit of swoo
Luna Chulhan
I am on the fence with the book its not quite a four and not a three either. So I am going to do what I always do mark it down and see if I want to return to the story. If I do I will bump it up to a four.

It took me a while to get into this book, the beginning seemed a bit disjointed and I had push a little to keep reading it, but once the story go going it was good. It was as if the pieces finally fell together around 30% through the book and then I had to finish it.
The spirits of the book is
Marni
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
First I wish to thank the author, KaSonndra Leigh, for providing me with the ebook.

Romance, suspense, paranormal wrapped up in southern scenery makes this book a must read. After the death of her daughter and a divorce, Tandie moves to an old plantation. Here she connects with the ghosts of the past and a love that bridges over centuries. Witchcraft, curses and ghosts treat the reader to a story they don't want to put down.

I wasn't sure if this was going to be my kind of book. I'm not much into
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I first became aware of this author from her published book “When Copper Suns fall”. From then on I’ve became a huge supporter of this author and a huge fan. She gave me a opportunity to read her adult novel, which I thank her for. I'm not a fan of ghost novels, but I do find this book to be well written and worth the read.

The plot is great, even though I had problems with the characters. There was a main plot with the ghosts and the past lives of Tandie and Enrique, but there was also a subplo
Rea
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Full review can be found here.

As soon as I read the synopsis for this one, I was intrigued. I wanted to know more and so when the promo tour also offered six review copies, I immediately signed up for one of the six. I didn’t actually receive my copy until after the promo post (here) and I had a couple of other blog tour books to read before I could crack this one open, but I had itchy-finger-syndrome when it came to this one.

I cracked it open for the first time after having just finished anothe
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
Review coming very soon! Let me just say I am in love with this novel!

See my review at:http://readtomyhearts.blogspot.com/20...

Most importantly, I need to scream at the top of my lungs, " Wow!!! I fell completely in love with this book from the very first page!!"
The very first page already had me on the same emotional coaster that our heroine was on, the writing is so good that I literally had to put my Kindle down to grab a tissue and get my tears under control. I kept repeating to myself over
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hacienda Moon (The Path Seekers) KaSonndra Leigh
I was given this copy by author free for review, but as always on the basis that my opinion is honestly held, and whether paid for or free my views are not influenced by that. Integrity is important to me and gushing false reviews do neither author or reader any favours. As always my views are what I honestly feel about this book.

This book fits well within the paranormal romance genre and is also a mystery/thriller rather than just simple romance.
Diayll
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Fans, Fans of Ghostly Romance
Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author for Honest Review
Reviewer: Me

Well after having collected myself from being scared to sleep with my lights off for the past week, I can honestly say…I LOVED THIS BOOK.

When I first began reading Hacienda Moon, I was almost certain I was not going to like it, and positively certain I was NOT going to love it. This story began very tragic, and I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea of it redeeming itself f
Gaele
Oct 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva, reviewed, owned
A gothic romance with elements of demonic possession, ghosts, psychics, witches and a murder mystery all combine with history to make an engaging and enjoyable story. There are several characters that are introduced with little to no involvement and development, with actions that seem to contraindicate the need for their inclusion. Fortunately, the characters that are ‘flatter’ are also more active in the multitude of sub-plots the author has included.

While I really believe this book has an ama
Andrea Guy
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for Gothic novels and this one is really great. It comes complete with a psychic, a curse, some witches, possessions and a few dead bodies. The first chapter or so were a bit slow. I struggled to understand the accident that cost Tandie her daughter, but as things moved along they made sense. What really impressed me the most was the historical elements of the story.

KaSonndra really brought the reason for the curse to life in the pages. As she gave away bits of the
Christy
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book!! I was so lucky to receive an ARC from KaSonndra! And I am so lucky to have!! It was a great read! I loved the characters, they were really well developed and had a lot of emotion behind them. I really felt like I understood the characters and who they were. I also really really enjoyed the whole story. It was awesome to read a different type of witch-story. This one had history, passion, and such an interesting view on witches abilities. I enjoyed every moment of readi ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I love a good dark gothic read once in awhile and that is exactly what I got in Hacienda Moon.

Leigh managed to weave an intricate tale full of intrigue, curses, ghosts, witches, possession, love and even death. All while sweeping you not only into the present but also into the past with creepy tales of murder and mystery and a deadly family legacy centuries in the making and a love that couldn't be killed with time.

And while this story may have moved a little slowly the first half, it certainly
Anne
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cheesy. But I finished it.
Patricia Yost
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
looks and sounds awesome...
Scarlett Ian
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book follows Tandie who is a former police medium. Deciding to move back home to North Carolina she runs into Eric her first day back – literally! She moves into a house that is desperate need of repairs/renovation and has a strong presence of spiritual activity, hoping it will help your psychic abilities and her writers block. Eric is the contractor hired to renovate the house she is renting so they get thrown together a lot. Strange things keep happening in the house and it’s so exciting ...more
Bailey Ember
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gothic
I think that overall this is a very interesting concept and the execution of both the plot and the compelling characters were very well done. Fast Paced and Fun fueled. It is a wonderful addition to the gothic genre. Once I was in this novel I was immersed for sure. One of my favorite things was the pacing. I felt like everything really flowed smoothly and led to an easy read.
C. Gonzales
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gothic
Be prepared to become addicted to this story from the very beginning. KaSonndra Leigh has created characters who are engaging and creepy. The story itself has so many aspects you would not expect. Yes, its a Gothic Story, but there is Romance, History, and so much more woven throughout.

The twists and surprises are plenty and will keep you flipping pages til the very end.
Gina Stamper
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gothic-romance
Vivid characters and descriptions mixed in with a seamless storyline makes for a very fluid, emotional, and page turning novel. I loved where KaSonndra Leigh took these characters and can’t wait to read more.
Titan
Note: The author is my friend, but that has nothing to do with my opinion of the book or my review.

Hacienda Moon and I got off to kind of a rocky start. There's a lot going on, and the absolutely mundane beginning of Tandie and Eric's meeting in an airport for a good two seconds (wherein they didn't even exchange names) set me off on the wrong foot. From the way this book began, you'd never think it beheld some creepy, haunting, dark stuff. Color me surprised--and, strangely, pleased.

Because it
Cheryl Landmark
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
An entertaining read and, as the 3-star rating indicates, I liked it. But, unfortunately, it did have a few issues for me.

On the positive side, the paranormal aspects of the curse, witches, ghosts, mysterious deaths and haunted house all contributed to my enjoyment of the book. I really liked the inclusion of the historical elements as well. The second part of the book, with its faster-paced action, was more enjoyable to me than the first part.

But...

There were a few things I didn't like so much.
Joan
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Story based on a true event on September 4, 1748

Tandie Harrison, retired Police Medium, rented an old plantation, Chelby Rose, near Bolivia, South Carolina, twenty miles from where she grew up, now writing a Gothic Novel, hoping to one day purchase the place from its owner, Saul Shelby. Traumatized by the death of her little girl, Breena, aka Bonnie B and her learning of her husband’s adulterous affairs, thus divorcing him, Tandie lost her psychic abilities and consequently, lost her job. This f
Nereid
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story albeit a love story has touches of the "Ghost Whisperer" and "Bound" dealing with spirits, reincarnation, possession and witchcraft. Tandie is a psychic who after nearly dying in a car accident, loses her visions and her job. She also suffers through a traumatic divorce with a cruel ex husband. Emerging as a broken woman dealing with the grief of losing her daughter Breena, Tandie decides to move back to Bolivia to be close to her childhood home. Trying to get in touch with her vision ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Unholy Death (Requiem #2)
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
  • Mystical Seduction
  • The Grave Artist
  • Whispering Hills (Whispering Hills, #1)
  • Back To You
  • Guardian of Time (Shardwell, #2)
  • Halloween is for Lovers
  • Dark Spells: Four Books
  • Broken (The Djinn Wars, #4)
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี
  • The Kure
  • Merciless (The Mermen Trilogy, #3)
  • Deadly Contact
  • Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne
  • Butterfly Porcupine (Aintree Tales #1)
  • Got Thrills? A Boxed Set
  • Love By Accident
Author of the Lost Immortals Saga and the Seraphine Trilogy. I'm also a mother, blogger, reader, gardener, home renovator, and a slayer of Egyptian mummies in Tomb Raider. I believe in karma, coffee, and seriously wish that the producers of Xena would bring my favorite show ever back.

Strange things about me: everything. I am strange, odd, unusual, and generally tend to make people think I swooped

Path Seekers (2 books)
  • The Emerald Isle (PathSeekers, #2)