Start by marking “Magier (Das Zeitalter der Fünf, #2)” as Want to Read:
Magier (Das Zeitalter der Fünf, #2)

Magier

(Age of the Five #2)

Auraya hat einen großen Sieg errungen, doch dieser Triumph beschert der jungen Priesterin Nacht für Nacht Alpträume. Und Leiard, der einzige Mensch, der ihr Leid lindern könnte, ist spurlos verschwunden. Als Auraya ausgeschickt wird, um die Opfer einer mysteriösen Krankheit zu heilen, erfährt sie schließlich, dass der Traumweber Leiard seinerseits mit schlimmen Erinnerunge ...more
Published by Blanvalet (first published April 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Magier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magier

Tonielle
Ok, so there is definitely a pattern with Trudi Canavan's books that seem to apply to each series.

Main female character is accepted into higher social/religious/political standing because of her unexpectedly high level of skills/powers. Once she comes into her powers fully, she defies her superiors, breaks rules, rebels for the sake of truth and because it's the right thing to do while still remaining on the good side of the other important characters as much as possible. Meanwhile she falls in
Joby Walker
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Both worse and better than the first.

The Good
--------------------------------------
Some characters of interest: The Hag, Mirar, and Reivan are all interesting characters that work toward an interesting future and reveal the past.

Background: Finally near the end of the novel we learn more about the background of the War of the Gods and the Wilds. Really the most interesting part of the novel.

Interesting moral conflict: finally at the end of the novel we get a moral dilemma that is interesting (ev
Maria
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The action in 'Last of the Wilds' maybe wasn't full of twists and rapid changes of situation but I think it was a necessary manipulation. Why is that?
Well... firstly because of that the reader can finally take a closer look at normal life of our characters. I, for example, thought it's not that great to be one of the Whites... even boring sometimes. And that's it! By creating such atmosphere of things moving slowly the author succeeded in giving the whole story more authenticity.
Besides, I start
Mieneke
Jul 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2009, 2012
Last of the Wilds is the second book in the Age of the Five trilogy, after Priestess of the White . Where I had a hard time getting into the book with the first one in the series, with Last of the Wilds I got sucked in immediately. This was partly because it's the second book in the series – the story doesn't need as much set up, plus I wanted to know what happened next after the events of book one – and partly because the prologue was captivating and written from the point of view of one of my ...more
Ian
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-fantasy
The first book of Trudi Canavan’s Age Of The Five trilogy was a decidedly underwhelming affair; this is especially true for those readers who loved The Black Magician Trilogy. With that being the case, one could be forgiven for approaching book two, Last Of The Wilds, with a sense of trepidation. In fact, I would recommend that readers keep their expectations in check, for while this sequel is an improvement on Priestess Of The White, it is not a significant one.

Looking back at book one of the t
Duffy
Jul 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raphi
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ein wirklich gutes Buch von Trudi Canavan.
Dadurch, dass dem Leser Einblicke in Mirars Persönlichkeit gewährt wurden, ebenso durch die Perspektive der Pentadrianer, gewann das Buch sehr an Abwechslungsreichtum.
Aurayas Entwicklung war dazu noch eine spannende Ergänzung. und auch Emmerahls Geschichte wurde spannend weiter erzählt und ergänzt. ein sehr gutes Buch
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Way better than the first book. Mirar is a way better character than Leiard ever could have been (sorry Leiard). I always wonder if Leiard was the reason that the first book seemed so dry, and whether or not Canavan did that on purpose to underscore the incomplete nature of his character. Genius if true! Anywho, great book!
Carina
Typically I am not a huge fan of second books in a trilogy - most of the time they don't serve much purpose except to set things up for the final act (i.e. book) but this one I found to be an actual story in its own right. I really wish I knew whether I thought that the first few times I read the book or not... given I rated this three stars back in 2012 clearly I didn't think that much of it though.

Potentially the reason I enjoyed this more this time around was because I was waiting for pretty
Sky
I was so excited to read this and I was not disappointed!! I loved the first book of Age and Five but somehow I loved this one more. I read the last half of this book in one sitting last night: it was so gripping and the revelations just kept on coming!

I feel more attached and invested in Auraya than ever. Her character is fantastically written and the decisions in this book made so much sense even though I was extremely surprised by them in the moment.

My feelings on a lot of secondary charact
Baya
Very good but...

This book was a fascinating read and well worth the wait. It was written excellently and the concepts behind the various use of magic were well explored.

We see more from the Pentadrians' point of view and way of life and learn a lot more about the various characters that make up the White, the Wilds and the Elai as well as learning more about the Gods. I found the constant shift of viewpoint distracting and slightly annoying. I can see some of it necessary, but wonder whether so
Magda Pais
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own, 2017, planeta
Encantada. Acho que essa palavra resume bem o que sinto no final deste livro. Trudi Canavan volta a surpreender-me e coloca, no mesmo livro, fantasia, politica, magia, romance, amizade e religião obrigando a um debate interior - entre mim e eu - sobre cada um dos temas e levando-me a questionar o que eu própria faria em cada uma das situações.

Auraya continua a ser uma forte personagem feminina, tal como nos é mostrado n'A Sacerdotisa da Luz. Aliás, todas as personagens femininas desta trilogia s
SwarmOfBees
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lektury pierwszego tomu nie wspominam najlepiej. Pamiętam, że ekspozycja zajmowała zbyt wiele miejsca względem akcji, co doprowadziło do uczucia znużenia. Bohaterowie wydawali mi się nijacy i nie zależało mi na nich w większym stopniu. Jednak z powodu tego, że kupiłam od razu trzy tomy wiedziałam, że pewnego dnia do tej trylogii wrócę. Co w końcu nastąpiło.
Nie planowałam czytać tej książki tak długo, ale najpierw były kolokwia przed świętami, potem święta, potem dostałam anginy, a potem zaczęła
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paper, 2018, fantasia
No sé com s'ho fa aquesta autora, que tot el que llegeixo d'ella m'encanta. En aquest llibre continua la història de l'Auraya, des del final de la guerra amb els pentadrians.

Però no és només la història de l'Auraya. Em costa quedar-me amb algun personatge preferit. La Reivan, amb la seva intel·ligència. L'Imi, amb les seves ganes de fer les coses bé. Els Siyís, sobretot els joves, que intenten ajudar. L'Emerahl, a qui coneixem millor i que cada vegada m'agrada més. En Mirar, perdut en la seva
Ryan
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I desperately want to like this series, because all the elements are there. Magic, war, unique to her world races, love affairs, Gods, etc. It just seems Canavan has no idea what to do with these elements, and the writing is just so sub par it's hard to read. Her races all have the same mannerisms and characteristics. They have nothing unique about them other then the way they look, and yet two of the races are mostly cut off completely from the human world. Their culture and mannerisms and dial ...more
Filip
První díl jsem četl přibližně před rokem. Od té doby se mi podařilo přelouskat odhadem 55 knížek, některé z nich jsou klasiky, takže mám zase o něco jiný rozhled. Když se zpětně podívám na názor, který jsem psal k Bílé kněžce, je jasné, že mi na tom pořád vadí to stejné.

Nic se tady neděje. Postavy neustále tlachají, přesouvají se z místa na místo, bojí se bohů, ti se jim smějí (a je jasné, že nejsou bohové s velkým "b") a díky vševědoucímu vypravěči ani nemáme šanci, aby bylo něco překvapením. P
Elena Johansen
DNF @ page 90. I gave this more than 10% before I gave up, because I wanted to at least rotate once fully between ALL THE MANY POVs. Like the first book, there are just too many, and it makes the narrative too choppy.

Basically the only thing I do like about the book is the inclusion of a new POV character, Reivan, one of the Pentadrian army. Through her I got the first glimpses of the enemy and their society, which honestly seemed to be as rigid, theocratic, and harmful as the Circlians, aka the
Swiftsea
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put the book down. 11 hours later, with an interval of 8 hours of sleep, I was finished. And now have returned to the library to borrow the Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3) by Trudi Canavan.

Auraya and the Whites remain their boring and blindly devoted selves for most of the book. With Auraya unnaturally comfortable with the idea of having spiritual intercourse with a non-physical being. The idea of it is quite creepy actually. So this spirit that has no true physical form has been watching you since birth, has stalked you basical
Rowena Tylden-Pattenson
The second book in Trudi Canavan's Priestess series, and I still haven't warmed completely to it. Sure, it's fine fantasy, but everything takes a very long time to get to and happen. This isn't exactly fast pasted, and lacks the traditional high fantasy magic and madness.

Auraya is super boring
Imi is pretty boring too to be honest, she's like a baby Auraya (boring)
Emerahl is okay but devolves to a side character with little personality and becomes BORING, which is a huge shame, because I enjoyed
Mel
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home
I'm kind of disappointed in this. I'm well aware that this is a series, but for me personally, each book - even in a series - should have its own closure. And I feel like nothing did in here. I'm sure most of the things will get resolved in the last book, but it just felt like... dragging on a story, just to write a third book.
It was by no means boring, don't get me wrong. But there was just no big event, which I had expected. Now interested to see how everything is gonna turn out in the last bo
Сибин Майналовски
Поредното напомняне защо, да му се не види, не чета тия изсмукани от не знам си къде повърни, наречени „фентъзи“. За незадоволени тийнчета (предимно от женски пол, ама и за възмъжаващи хлапенца също) сигурно това ще е върхът на сладоледа. На мен само ми докара литературен диабет от цялата захаросаност и тъпотия, която се процежда по кориците като субстанциите от зле уплътнен и преексплоатиран нужник.
Anke
Jan 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Carmen Mitchell
I'm really not getting into this series as I did her Black Magician trilogy. I am curious with how Mirar and Auraya will tackle the remaining White while a threat from the Pentradians loom. Hopefully the next book picks things up.
Kira
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come
Yvonne
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zum Glück besser als der erste Teil, deutlich packender und besser geschrieben. Die Charaktere sind besser ausgeschildert und man kann sich tatsächlich endlich auch in sie reinversetzen.
Ale
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¿Se puede poner más interesante?
Elen-Hâf
This book doesn't have the "middle-book syndrome". I enjoyed all the information given and the characters development. On to the final book.
Andi
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Großartiges Buch. Für mich fesselnd bis zum Schluss, selbst wenn in manchen Passagen eigentlich nicht sehr viel passiert
Marilyn Elizabeth Carter
Excellent

Worth the time to read this book. Intriguing and beguiling. If you like this genre I would recommend you read Trudi
Charlotte
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. Trust Canavan is very good at her descriptive language and I felt that I could be involved in the story.
  • Emissary (Percheron, #2)
  • The Riven Kingdom (Godspeaker Trilogy, #2)
  • Wizard Squared (Rogue Agent, #3)
  • Harshini (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child, #3)
  • The Way Between the Worlds (The View from the Mirror, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Battle of Evernight (The Bitterbynde, #3)
  • Dronningens Tåre (Historien om Mira, #2)
  • Heart of the Mirage (Mirage Makers, #1)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T

Age of the Five (3 books)
  • Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)
  • Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)
“Though I can’t help feeling a sudden death cheats you of something. Death is an experience of life. You only get one death. I would like to be aware it was happening, even if that did mean enduring pain and fear.” 9 likes
“Friendship? What friendship? I lust after him and he rightly ignores it!” 9 likes