Start by marking “Maxine (Donatelli Series)” as Want to Read:
Maxine (Donatelli Series)

Maxine (Donatelli Series #1)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
(Donatelli Series - Book 1) Newlywed Cara Andrews overhears her husband talking to his girlfriend about locking Cara in an institution so he can steal her inheritance. Frightened, Cara sneaks away and rents a run-down cabin in Gig Harbor, intending to hide out until she can end her marriage.

Published October 17th 2011 (first published September 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Maxine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maxine

Ronna
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it

To be honest, I was on the fence as to whether to give this 3 or 4 stars since its somewhere in the middle. The Donatelli Series by Sue Fineman is about the Donatelli family. They are all blue collar, but have been raised right in a loving home. Each book focuses on one member and them finding the loves of their life - it seems they will all meet heiresses. Wait - what?!? How likely is that? This book is Nick's story. Circumstances put him place to meet Cara Andrews, one of the wealthie
Cara
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sue Fineman has done it again. She's written another terrific romantic suspense. Maxine is the first in the Donatelli Series. Maxine hooked me from the first page. Cara Andrews, a woman who grew up rich but without love, hears her husband conspiring with his mistress to send Cara to a mental institution so he can get his hands on her money. Cara runs away, and while hiding is injured when an earthquake destroys her rental cabin. Nick Donatelli, a warm-hearted guy who battled adversity his whole ...more
Kbee
Apr 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: e-books, romance

When the cabin collapses in an earthquake, a neighbor, Nick Donatelli, risks his life to rescue her. The roads are damaged, power and phones are out. They’re trapped in Nick’s cabin on the shores of Puget Sound.

Nick is warm and friendl
E.A. Harwik
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how she does it. Sue Fineman always finds a wonderful mix in her stories, light hearted humour, thrilling adventure, tense stand off and good old fashion feel-good romance. Maxine by Sue fineman is another exceptional read. At $2.99 on Kindle it represents great value. Plus, Maxine is the first in another Sue Fineman series, the Donatelli Series. I can look forward to more twists of the same theme as we learn more about these characters, which makes for more great engaging entertain ...more
Lenore Kosinski
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pixel-of-ink, kindle
2.5 stars -- it was an up and down journey for me. The plot was fairly interesting, though sometimes it didn't feel as though it flowed as smoothly. But it was the characters where I really felt hot and cold...I couldn't help but feel that Nick and Cara were not always portrayed consistently...or maybe I just liked parts of them, but really disliked others. So yeah, not my favourite.
Skeeter Jorgensen
Apr 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. The locale is Gig Harbor Washington, Seattle and San Francisco. A heiress survives an earthquake, with the help of an out of work construction worker. Cara's husband is trying to kill her, for her money. Too bad I have to rate it LS-NoG because I really liked the story and suspense.
Amber
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
I didn't have super high hopes going into this book because I've found that free books aren't always amazing. The story line actually could've been very good, but the writing was just too cheesy, and the timeline goes by a little too fast in some parts. It was a quick read though.
Carol
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Free ebook
Samantha
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well writtin! Never became dull. I loved Nick he's a mans man yet affectionate,and Maxine :) is a wonderfully put together woman.
Laurie
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet, romantic story. Good drama and character-building. Then, in one of the last chapters, Nick turned naughty and I loved the book even more. Hee hee.
Mitzi
Jan 02, 2012 marked it as to-read
Free Kindle Book 1/2/12. On my PC.
Makayla
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pretty good.
Denise
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
i like it.. this was book one in the series and it a free one and i enjoyed it now i will have to read the second one to see if i will enjoy the series...
Veronica Walker
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. I read it in one night. Of course I paid for it the next day when I decided to read instead of sleep.
Donna
May 31, 2012
Jade Jewitt
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2012
Apr 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • All Due Respect
  • Simon's Lady
  • Vittorio's Mistress (Vittorio's Series #3)
  • Amanda's Blue Marine
  • Gifts of Life (The Gift Series)
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Not
  • Trust in Me
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Return Of The Runaway Bride
  • At Long Odds (Caspian Chronicles, #1)
  • Awakening Mercy
  • Saving Nathaniel
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Drew in Blue
  • Seducing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses, #1)
  • Summer on the Mountain
  • Tides Of Love
I'm a grumpy old lady who lives with an even grumpier old man in a small town in Washington state. I have three grown children, all smarter and more successful than their mother, and one adorable grandson. My favorite kid!

I write mostly romantic suspense, women's fiction, and light paranormal romance novels. Although my plots get kind of involved and sometimes twisted at the end, I don't plot my b
More about Sue Fineman...

Donatelli Series (4 books)
  • Blind Love (Donatelli Series, #2)
  • The Inheritance (Donatelli Series, #3)
  • The Inn at Dead Man's Point (Donatelli Series, #4)