Start by marking “The Dark Rose (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Rose (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #4)

The Dark Rose

(The Four-Sided Pentacle #4)

Even beautiful things cast dark shadows...

Read the first chapter!

Rosarina of the Garden is the most famed — and desired — courtesan of her time. She is also a spy, the heir-apparent of Caracole’s Spymaster, sent on a deadly mission to Green IV. She cannot afford to trust anyone, least of all a man with his own agenda — and the ability to crack her cool composure.

Techn
ebook
Published September 11th 2012 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Rose

Start your review of The Dark Rose (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #4)
CT
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you're like me, you'll be sad at leaving the Four-Sided Pentacle series (yes this is the last book...sob!) - but what a way to wrap it up!
Finally we get to see past the facade the intriguing Rosarina hides behind, to the woman beneath. And the exquisite Rose is more than just a pretty face. She sets off on a mission for the Left Hand to Green IV, a place waist deep in power struggles, politics and absolute evil. But Rose is confident of her success, until she meets Quin again. The man challen
Kelsey
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Denise Rossetti is my favorite author. Every book she writes is superb and The Dark Rose is no different. I was a little worried when I heard that Quin would be the hero for this book. I wasn't convinced of his hero quality with the glimpse into his character in the previous book. However, I should have known that Rossetti wouldn't steer me wrong. I loved Quin and Rose! I also loved the little glimpse of the rest of the crew. Awesome sauce.
Shona
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great way to end the series :)
Eleni Konstantine
A brilliant ending to the series. It was all wrapped up nicely and the mystery of the four sided pentacle explained.

The story is Rose's - an ex courtesan with more than her looks going for her. On a mission, she runs into the arrogant technomage Quintus. Their banter and exchanges are entertaining. One represents magic, the other technology.

Waiting in the wings is the Necromancer. It's a battle of wills until the very end.

I loved seeing the Pentacle 'gang' all together again. It's their final
Anna
May 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, erotic
Quintus of Palimpsest, is a Technomage, summoned to a terraformed world called Green IV. Rosarine, the Dark Rose courtesan of the Garden on Palimpsest, is also a spy for the Crown and is sent to Green IV to uncover a conspiracy. The characters are wonderful, yet this story has pages of the incestuous religion and rituals. After having worked in the ER in an inner city hospital, any story that glamorizes incest makes me little sick. Maybe there wasn't as much woowoo stuff in the other stories, bu ...more
Bob
Barbara
Jul 18, 2012
Masha
Sep 17, 2017
When I was very small, I had an aunt who would tell me the most wonderful fairy tales - all original. I grew up, as little girls do, but the magic of story still dazzles and enthralls me. On the good days, I like to think of myself as Scheherazade's sister. On the bad days - not so much.

I remain an incurable romantic who loves happy endings, heart-pounding adventure and the eventual triumph of goo

The Four-Sided Pentacle (4 books)
  • The Flame and the Shadow  (The  Four-Sided Pentacle, #1)
  • Thief of Light  (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #2)
  • The Lone Warrior (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #3)