Start by marking “Oči bouře (Kůstek, #2)” as Want to Read:
Oči bouře (Kůstek, #2)

Oči bouře

(Bone (Delcourt noir et blanc) #3)

Kůstka a Thorn pronásledují zlověstné sny. Sny o dracích a postavách v kápi. A v temnotě lesů se shromažďují davy krysáků a chystají se zaútočit. Bouře, Moby Dick, velký červený drak a Pán kobylek... ti všichni na vás čekají v druhé kůstkovské knize. Odhalují se prastará tajemství, nebezpečí, které obklopuje vesnici, začíná nabývat konkrétních obrysů a všechno se připravuj ...more
Published 2011 by Crew (first published August 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Oči bouře, please sign up.

Danger
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as enjoyable as the last two volumes. The mysteries deepen here, progressing the story forward steadily. No idea where this is headed, but I’m enthralled enough to find out.
Calista
I felt like this volume was better than volume 2. I feel like the story is starting to go somewhere and it's taking off. A mystery was revealed while at the same time more questions were asked leaving us with more mysteries.

The series had given very slight hints at foreshadowing at an outcome and here it is confirmed. It's a nice reveal. Everyone is back and the stakes get raised.

This book was on some best of lists and I'm glad I'm taking the time to read them. I will see if my neph
Skip
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Picking up where Book #2 ended, Phoney Bone and Smiley Bone are working off their debt to Lucius, while Fone Bone and Thorn are having really strange dreams. Grandma Ben reacts awfully strangely when she hears them talking about it. After avoiding them and dealing with the rat creatures again, she eventually reveals a secret to them that is a game changer. I like Ted because "bugs know a lotta stuff folks wouldn't s'pose they'd know."
Mario
I like how the plot got more serious in this one. Can't wait to start next one.
Josh
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m stricken by the detail Smith uses from panel to panel, especially with facial features.
Sherif Fattah
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully illustrated adventure. Every panel is carefully crafted and draws you into the strange world of Bone. Wish I read this as a kid.
Christopher
2015 reread

I find this volume difficult from a ratings perspective. If you are reading all of the volumes back to back, as you should be, there is nothing wrong with this volume. We get a huge reveal, rat creatures being rat creatures, and Phoney's bar bet with Lucious kicks off. It's a fast and entertaining volume that propels you into the next volume.

But by itself... if you were reading these as they were released and had to wait what would seem like forever between vol
Kandice
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now it's getting good! This began as a simple cartoon with tiny glimmers of a darker understory and now, almost 600 pages in, we are finally getting to the meat. I can see why so many people love this. It's a very, very slow boil, but if I were reading this as it was written, I don't know that I would have been patient enough to get this far.

I am really looking forward to book four.
Madison Henson
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thorn was dreams about great red dragon and stranger things, too. Sadly, her parents was died. She shocks that her parents were king and princess of Atheia.
Lauren
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gotta love fone bone
Jim Gorman
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Another graphic novel in the Bone series. I can't add too much other than I am still enjoying this series of graphic novels and I will be picking up the next one soon from my library.
Tj Lonergan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Bone: into the storm is part of a book series about these creatures called bones. In this volume, they find themselves in a war between the rat creatures and themselves. This could mean they have to leave for good!

Characters- Fone Bone- One of the three bone cousins who got chased out of Boneville and eventually found themselves in the valley. He is short, smart, has big feet, a big nose and he is very bright white colored. He also has a secret affection for Thorn.
Thorn- Thorn
Dexter Chiasson
This is the third book of the bones series. The series is a graphic novel Fantasy series. In this book Fone Bone and Thorn are having really strange dreams and Grandma Ben is reacting oddly when she hears them talking about it. She then reveals a secret to them that changes things. They may have to leave the farm for ever.

Mean while Smiley and Phoney are with Lucius at his bar working of a debt they owe. Then Phoney makes a bet with Lucius. The steakes are high. Who could be the bett
Michael
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I didn't get into this installment as much, although I enjoyed the Moby Dick spoof. This volume ends with a possibly interesting setup for the next book's storyline, but I find I am not interested enough to continue. The information comes too slowly for me and without another cow race (see Volume 2), there is nothing to keep me in it for the long haul.

I was slightly disturbed that Thorn, the main female character, seems to be wearing less and less clothing as the series goes on. Does
Nolan Platten
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are great!!! I love these graphic novels this one is full on action packed!!!
Christopher
In Volume 3 of the Bone series, we finally get our first glimpse into the real depth of this story. What will unfold over the next 6 volumes? I can't wait to find out!
LdyGray
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is so cute. I love the story, the world building, and the art.
Brandt
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
This is what I have been waiting for.

In my reviews of the first two volumes of Bone I felt that even though the Bone narrative was setting up some larger story arc, the pace was a little to leisurely for my liking, and while I was willing to excuse that Out of Boneville was going to be largely expository in nature, I was slightly (very slightly) annoyed that The Great Cow Race was more of the same. I posited that perhaps future volumes would make the first two volumes look somehow greater and this third
Louis Monem
I was unable to get the chance to read the first Bone book, so I skipped straight to the third book. It was a little hard to follow some of the topics they talked about but I slowly started to understand what was happening. I enjoyed reading this book a lot, it had some funny moments and also some very serious moments. I like the illustrations a lot, they were ver clear and made the book so much better. While I was reading this book I found it a bit weird how some random characters came in and o ...more
Emily
This one wasn't as funny as the first two volumes, but it did have its moments, particularly with Smiley Bone. He is the comic relief throughout the novel and even though he is the village idiot character, the author writes him in such a way that you aren't left face palming after he says or does something, but rather laughing or grinning like an idiot. At least that's how I was.

This one's content was definitely a lot more serious, and started to answer a lot of the questions that pl
Fox
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The books continue to be excellent.

This book was more plot and backstory heavy than the previous installments, and with it brings a lot of possibilities for the future. Identities are revealed, the brewing of a coming war beginning, and the poor Bone cousins are caught up in the heart of it. To make matters worse, Phoney Bone isn't keeping his mouth firmly shut when it comes to a certain dragon... and indeed claims he's going to go out and slay it. Not the best thing to do when the d
Vera W
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars

Reading Rush: Book 6 (I'm just mood reading now)

I really enjoyed this, but I don't remember ever reading this volume. Even though I have already read this, I didn't remember reading this. I'm also really excited because I have completed my 2019 reading challenge. I am really excited to finish this series this time, though.
Brandon Tice
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER!!!! It was a great book there is some action when there is rat creatures. Also there is some conflict between rose and her grandma throughout the story it turns out she is a princess and her parents were killed saving her. Another thing is her grandfather owns a bar and challenges fone bones cousins to see who will make the most money by selling beer.
K.C.
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
I liked this comic and I enjoyed the plot of this hilarious book.
Ramon van Dam
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet again an awesome volume in this epic saga. The world gets enriched once more (what's up with that locust dude?) and the humour is fantastic. I'll quickly dive into part 4!
Gabe
this book is confusing but I read it for the contract
Daniel
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book i did for my red dot was “Bone: Eyes of the Storm” by Jeff Smith. The book is the third book in the book series in the Bone series, it’s about 170 pages long. My most honest opinion it was probably the most boring book that I’ve read from the series, the first and the second book did a better job than the third one. It felt like a filler in the book series for many things to come later in the fourth book. There are some parts of the book that explained a lot that was going on within the ...more
Michael Mo.
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like how it puts time in between each book so some things have changed and they look different. Also they open the book into some sort of job or dream witch is also different from other books i have read.
Khalid
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In "Eyes of the Storm", Lucius, Smiley, and Phoney survive an attack by the rat like creatures and return safely to the tavern in Barrelhaven.
Dolly
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy reading graphic novels
This is the third book in the Bone series by Jeff Smith. We all read it independently and I'm so glad that our girls like the story. The story is fun, exciting, and full of drama and intrigue. We are all hooked!

My husband enjoyed collecting comic books when we were a lot younger and when I would accompany him on his trips to the comic book store, I would often pick up an issue of Bone. I thought the story was very engaging and dramatic and I loved the little guy.

Now that our girls are o

• Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 7: Gen's Story (Usagi Yojimbo, #7)
  • Korgi, Book 2: The Cosmic Collector
  • The Sign of the Black Rock (Three Thieves, #2)
  • Flight, Vol. 4 (Flight, #4)
  • Owly, Vol. 4:  A Time to Be Brave (Owly, #4)
  • Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard, Vol. 1 (Mouse Guard)
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 4: When the Past is a Present (Amelia Rules! #4)
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Born and raised in the American mid-west, Jeff Smith learned about cartooning from comic strips, comic books, and watching animation on TV. In 1991, he launched a company called Cartoon Books to publish his comic book BONE, a comedy/adventure about three lost cousins from Bonevil

Bone (Delcourt noir et blanc) (9 books)
  • Bone, Vol, 1: Out from Boneville (Bone, #1)
  • Bone, Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race (Bone, #2)
  • Bone, Vol. 4: The Dragonslayer (Bone, #4)
  • Bone, Vol. 5: Rock Jaw Master of the Eastern Border (Bone, #5)
  • Bone, Vol. 6: Old Man's Cave (Bone, #6)
  • Bone, Vol. 7: Ghost Circles (Bone, #7)
  • Bone, Vol. 8: Treasure Hunters (Bone, #8)
  • Bone, Vol. 9: Crown of Horns (Bone #9)