Start by marking “Emma Hearts LA (Hearts Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Emma Hearts LA (Hearts Series, #2)

Emma Hearts LA

(Heart #2)

Emma's not sure that LA's for her, but when she accompanies her sister Bex to an audition, a chance meeting with a teen TV star starts to change her new sunshine lifestyle for the better... But what about Oscar, so far her only friend in LA, who's turning out NOT to be the idiot she thought he was?

Soon Emma begins to find herself torn between two boys and reconsidering her
Published June 7th 2012 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Emma Hearts LA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emma Hearts LA

Emma
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
There is so much more to this book than the synopsis suggests. Emma moves to LA with her mother and sister following her parents break-up. Her mother has the most fantastic job offer that cant be turned down, no ordinary job mind you, Emma's mother is an astro-physicist. The detail and research Keris has put into astro-physics really shone through the narrative adding depth and detail to the story.

The comparison of life in Britain to life in LA was thought provoking, I think I may now want to go
Serendipity Reviews
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I may ban Keris Stainton from writing any more books set in America. Every time she writes a new one, I find myself yearning to travel to another state. I hadn't really even heard of Venice Beach in Los Angeles before reading this book, now I am constantly searching the internet for information about it, begging my husband to take me there.
I really loved this book! I love the way the author captures the essence of a destination through the eyes of a Brit! You feel the same excitement that Emma
Sophie
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Keris Stainton’s novels are always fun, romantic and leave me with a smile on my face and Emma Hearts LA did all of that and more.

One of the first things that I noticed about Emma Hearts LA was how current and completely up to date it is. Keris managed to get a reference to the Ryan Gosling ‘Hey Girl...’ Tumblrs into the novel which actually made me laugh. There’s something about the internet being out in the real world that always jolts me, in a good way, of course! There were also mentions to
Beth Kemp
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are so many great things about this book, I'm not sure I can capture them all in one review. Most importantly, it's a hugely enjoyable read, as evidenced by it being the first book my jaded 13 yr old has finished in weeks.

Emma's witty narration is a joy, making it so easy to engage with and root for her. Other characters are also brilliantly realised. I especially like the astrophysicist Mum, loving but also deeply caught up in her work, and even the acting sister Bex has depth as a person
Beth Bonini
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This engaging YA novel has a good measure of fairy tale in it -- a move from Manchester to a somewhat idealised Venice Beach, CA, and not one but two love interests -- but with some interesting "darker" bits to ground it. Emma, the protagonist, is a character that many will identify with. She's not overly confident; she doesn't like change; and she still hasn't forgiven her father from leaving their family for a new partner. Emma has also has a snarky, sarcastic side that will readily identify h ...more
Danielle Nichol
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best 'chick flick' books I have read in a long time. I love the story line and the different aspects all linked in together. I also think it had great character development and I can't wait to read more of Keris' books!
Amanda G. (Nellie and Co.
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Everybody comes to a time in their life when you've read enough vampires to make you protective of your neck, and where you've read enough sad stories to have you drinking gallons of water just to replenish your water levels, but we never ever get tired of chick-lit, and that's exactly what this book is. It may not be Shakespeare, and it's certainly not the best piece if work I've ever read, but as chick-lit goes, this light-hearted, quick read, escape away is exactly what I was looking for. Thi ...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
I'm not quite sure why, but I never did get around to reading Della Says OMG or Jessie Hearts NYC, even though I purchased them both and they're sitting on my bookshelves (somewhere!), but I know I've made a silly decision to neglect them for so long. After reading Keris Stainton's latest, Emma Hearts LA, I only find myself wanting to read more of her books - as soon as possible!

As soon as I read a couple of pages of this book, I knew that I would enjoy it and that is just such a good feeling! I
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved Jessie Hearts NYC so when I heard that Keris was writing a companion novel featuring Jessie’s best friend Emma I was beyond excited. Keris is one of the loveliest authors and always makes time to talk to her fans on Twitter, her books are fun, romantic, quick reads that make perfect summer stories. I read Emma Hearts LA on a sunny Sunday afternoon in one sitting and closed the book with the cheesiest grin on my face, Emma Hearts LA is total feel good reading and left me in a cheerful moo ...more
Donna
Emma Hearts LA is my first book by author Keris Stainton, yep you heard me, I haven’t even read Keris’s other book Jessie Hearts LA. So, I went into Emma Hearts LA not really knowing what to expect but let me tell you, this is the ideal summer read.

This story follows a teenage girl named Emma, who is moving to LA where her mother has been offered a new job. However Emma doesn’t really want to go but will give it a go for her mother and sister. When she arrives in LA, Emma reunites a friendship
Kirsty
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is less a review and more a fan girl waffle on about why I loved this book.

I loved Emma. I knew I liked Emma when I read Jessie but I really really loved Emma in this book. She is the sort of girl I would have loved to have as a best friend when I was a teenager. She's cool and funny without being bitchy and nasty or to the completely other extreme without being completely useless. I love that she is a cracking role model to girls of that age.

I loved Oscar and his quirky geeky ways. Again h
Amber
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I knew I would love this book as soon as I saw it. Firstly, Keris Stainton's other books 'Della Says: OMG!' and 'Jessie Hearts NYC' are both fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Plus, I have always loved LA - I've never been, but it just sounds like an amazing place and now I've read this book, I want to go there even more!

In this story, teenage girl Emma moves to LA when her mum gets offered a new job. Emma doesn't really want to go, but gives it a try for her mum and sister's sake. When she
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Leaving behind the bright lights and buzz of New York City, Keris Stainton's latest offering is set in the sunnier climes of Los Angeles, home of the stars. When Emma's mother gets a fabulous job offer, Emma and her younger sister Bex move with her to start a new life in LA. Once there, she reconnects with her childhood friend Oscar who has undergone quite a lot of growing up since she saw him last. However, with handsome movie stars around every corner, Emma has to make a big decision about who ...more
Becky
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emma's just arrived in Los Angeles, a million miles awya from all her friends, and any chance of a boyfriend. Unless you count the geeky Oscar- which she doesn't. Not at first, anyway.
Teen heartthrob ALex might have potential too. If she can get him away from the eyes of the paparazzi, that is.

I picked this book up from the libary after hearing amazing things about it. I am so gald I did.
At first I wasn't sure what to think of it as it seemed to have the typical teen romance plot: girl moves aw
Luna
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk-authors

I was only going to read a couple of chapters when I started but couldn’t put the book down. Emma Hearts LA is fun, interesting and sweet.

I liked Emma in Jessie Hearts NYC (she was actually my favourite character) and was really happy she got her own story. Much like Emma I imagined LA to be very plastic but Venice sounded really cool. I actually want to go there now, provided I can travel in an air-conditioned bubble.

All the characters are good. I was particularly impressed by Bex and
Alice
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another gorgeous book from Keris Stainton. I really can't get enough of her dialogue - it was great in her last two books, but it's absolutely brilliant in this one. It's just so natural. I very rarely laugh out loud at books but I found myself giggling away to myself during Emma's conversations with her friend Oscar. There were so many hilarious moments, as well as all the sweet and charming ones.

Oh and I've gone from having zero interest in LA to now wanting to live there.

Loved it. More please
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ya, contemporary
I enjoyed Emma Hearts LA. Such a lovely summer read and I'm such a sucker for a romance. I haven't read Jessie Hearts NYC and I imagine if I would have read that first that I would have understood a little more of the backstory. (I plan on reading this soon!).

I really liked the characters Emma and Oscar. Who doesn't love a nerd? ;-) Especially a Harry Potter and Space nerd?!

I'm definitely going to read more by Keris Stainton.

Marilou Go
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it

This book is a fast read book. It's fun and yet easy to read.
The story is very realistic and very easy to relate to.
The only fallback of this book is that some part of it are left untold.
What happen to Bex's career?
How about Alex Hall?
Their Dad?
Well, it's okay because aside from that everything is way too okay.
The setting? It's very wonderful!
I can actually picture the place base from the author's point of view.
Very Nice!!!
Sophia
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book on holiday and I loved it so much. Although it is quite a short read it is completely worth reading. I loved the characters and Oscar has to be one of my favourite characters EVER! He is just so sweet and nerdy. Much like a guy I know so maybe that's why I like him so much! But the romance in this little book is so cute and heart-warming and I really cannot wait to read any other books by this author!
Stella
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, lovely, funny young adult fiction set in LA. I loved it.
Lucy
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great novel from Keris Stainton, I loved the further development of Emma, Oscar and reading about LA. It made me so want to visit! Full review and Q&A to come shortly!
Halyna
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent summer read - light, sweet and easy to read book - a perfect choice for relaxing reading!
Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
IT WAS SO GOOD :D Review to come :)
casi  rose
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celebcinema
perfect start to 2013!absolutely loved it!
Rebecca
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Originally posted on: http://rebecca-books.blogspot.co.uk/2...

I won this book in a giveaway hosted by Jess from Jess Hearts Books (Thank You!) where I won a triple of books set in the past, present and future. This was the book I received for the present.
I have to admit I was always just intrigued about Keris Stainton's writing after seeing various reviews for her books around the blogosphere. I was interesting in her books but I never wanted to actually buy the book (again my weird thing with b
Evie
***Originally posted to: Bookish Book Blog |YA and Adult Book Reviews, Author Interviews, Guest Posts, Giveaways and news! ^___^

Emma Hearts LA was an adorable, quick read. A perfect little treat for long summer afternoons on the beach. While it's not exactly a book that will change your life, it's most definitely an enjoyable, charming book with a simple but solid plot line, and characters that you'll adore. I honestly did not expect to like it that much, heck - I did not expect to like it all!
Kai
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review posted at Amaterasu Reads

If you loved Emma in Jessie Hearts LA, then you'll be delighted with this novel. Emma gets her own story, and it's just as sweet and romantic. Now that Jessie's in New York, Emma gets the shock of her life when she finds out her mother, freshly out of a divorce, is moving in L.A. and she's taking Emma and her sister Bex with her. But Emma wasn't so sure if she will love L.A. What about her friends? Her life back home? But L.A. is bringing along changes in Emma's
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Emma has a problem. For most girls (like her sister Bex who dreams of stardom and her own TV show on the Disney Channel) it wouldn't be a problem but a dream come true. Emma's mum is moving her and her sister to LA where she's been given a new job. It'll be a fresh start for the 3 of them after Emma's dad left the family home for a new woman and Emma's BBF Jessie moving to NYC she's pretty lonely in the UK. The ray of sunshine is that LA is meant to be pretty cool and she won't be totally alone ...more
Lucy Powrie
I've been meaning to read this book ever since I read and enjoyed Jessie Hearts NYC, and I'm so glad that I finally have because I loved it just as much. When I saw this at my library I actually squealed, causing my friend to give me a rather odd look.

When Emma's mother is offered the opportunity to move to LA, Emma isn't exactly pleased. But once there, will Emma enjoy the LA lifestyle? After all, with celebrity Alex and geeky Oscar, why wouldn't it be fun?

Emma, the main character, is a very f
April
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
WOW. I am so glad I decided to read this book this week. I needed something light, funny, and all round summery read. This book definitely ticked all the boxes. I have read Jessie <3 NYC, but, in my opinion, this book was 10 times better. Ialways loved Emma better, so I am glad this story was about her.

Keris Stainton has made me want to visit LA. I never did before now, so she is a pretty awesome writer! To describe other people on the Boardwalk made me feel that I was actually there with Emm

• My Box-Shaped Heart
  • Another Life (When I Was Joe, #3)
  • Heart-Shaped Bruise
  • Dead Romantic
  • Saving Daisy
  • Kiss, Date, Love, Hate
  • Close Encounters of the Girl Kind (Geekhood, #1)
  • Dusk (Dusk, #1)
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • The Day I Met Suzie
  • Nobody's Girl
  • The Look
  • Soul Fire
  • Hollow Pike
  • Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)
  • Air (Blue #2)
  • Dear Dylan
  • A Change Is Gonna Come
My mum always claimed that when she lived in America for a year, my dad wrote to her every day and, in one of his letters, proposed. My dad denied this. But when she got home they got married anyway. In 1966 they emigrated to Canada. They'd wanted to go to New Zealand, but it was full.

I was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, which, by all accounts, is very cold. And also hot. But when I was four months

Heart (2 books)
  • Jessie Hearts NYC (Hearts Series, #1)