Start by marking “Incorruptible, Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
Incorruptible, Vol. 7

Incorruptible, Vol. 7

(Incorruptible #7)

The flip side of Mark Waid's Eisner and Harvey Award-nominated series IRREDEEMABLE. Humanity needs a savior…and Max Damage is determined to be INCORRUPTIBLE! But it’s hard to stay noble when the world still thinks you’re at the top of the criminal food chain. What happens when the world’s most infamous supervillain tries to become its greatest hero? Find out in Volume 7 of ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by BOOM! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Incorruptible, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incorruptible, Vol. 7

Start your review of Incorruptible, Vol. 7
Cale
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's interesting - Incorruptible started as an offshoot of Irredeemable, but by the end it felt like this was the more important book, with Irredeemable more setting the stage for Max Damage's journey. This is truly the climax for Max Damage as he faces the end of everything and comes to terms not only with the world he lives in, but the person he was and who he has tried to become. The ending may be a little sappy, but it's been a dark path for Max and getting some light at the end of the ...more
Julio Bonilla
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I've finally finished this series! What a relief! The ending is reminiscent of fairy tales I watched on video cassette in my youth: AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER. THE END.

*Max Damage never goes after Armadale's killer!

*Art looks cartoony!

Steve Carroll
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
a somewhat disappointing ending to the series which in general has been more fun than the main series it spun off of. The ending wasn't as epic as i was expecting but it didn't end in a way that spoiled what I liked about what lead up to it so not a huge problem. More or less it just runs out of gas
Chris Arnone
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Ended fairly well, with what may possibly be the world's first truly justifiable deus ex machina. I think Mark Waid was having a really sentimental day when he finished it, though. Put a nice bow on the series, almost too nice.
Jdetrick
Ending a series is always difficult, but Mark Waid pulls it off well, without it feeling unearned.
Jacob
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
Didn't enjoy the artwork in this volume as much as the previous but the primary reason for two stars is that the ending here feels a little like a throwaway ending. This was a solid story and was very enjoyable, but this finale feels forced and weak compared to the overall series.
Chris
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A stellar conclusion to a series that took me a little while to warm up to. It was a long time coming, but Max Damage finally figured out how to approach being a superhero, and I thought it was perfect.
Jesse A
Aug 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Went out with a whimper more than a bang.
Adam Stone
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhero-comics
I imagine that if you enjoyed reading any of the Incorruptible series, that you'll find this a satisfying ending. It is so much better than the previous volume, that it's hard to conceive it was made by the same creative team.

As someone who only really enjoyed one of the previous six volumes of the series, I wasn't invested enough to read this closely. I found myself looking at the pages, turning them, and having no memory of what I'd just read. This isn't the fault of this volume, I was just
Simon
Mar 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
OKay, so this series was okay, until the end.

Which sucked. Anti-climactic.

Also, very problematic. So our reformed hero had a sidekick when he was a villian called Jailbait. WHo was jailbait, she was a child when he seduced her into a life of crime and his bed. And she's obsessed with him, but he breaks it off and kicks her out of their world because he feels guilty because of the aforementioned, she's jailbait thing.

Only in the final issue they get back together, and it's so sweet and romantic,
JB
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Almost really good, ultimately feels like wasted potential. Intended to be a limited series, but comes off as though there was not an intended direction for the series. Spends way too much time on an antagonist that makes no sense for the setting. Mainly fun for the clever world-building. Has really no effect on the primary series this is a spin off of, so you can read Irredeemable in its entirety before starting this series (there was a crossover, but it carries nothing from this series over to ...more
B
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
I felt like I had largely lost the thread at this point. The most notable part of the book was the punt, but only because it was so jarring
Eric Mikols
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
For one, this whole series probably would have been better if it wasn't connected to the Irredeemable series and was it's own thing.
That connection also made this volume a mess. And, the whole series just ends. A series that's more interesting as a journey than a destination, but the journey isn't very consistent.
Dans Mon Arbre
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Incorruptible is Mark Waid's companion piece and twisted mirror of his book Irredeemable.

While I didn't find it quite as fascinating as Irredeemable, it is an excellent book and kind of required reading if you are going to read Irredeemable as they are linked at the heart of their stories.

Incorruptible is the story of Max Damage, a super villain and a borderline sociopath who was one of the arch enemies of the Plutonian. He witnesses the Plutonian's turn to evil, and it changes something
Wing Kee
Jul 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
What started as a wonderful series slowly and surely fizzled until we got here...

Yeah now I remember, this was what I felt when I read the series a couple of years back also, the disappointment and the feeling of missed opportunity.

World: The art is great, I like Takara's art, it's full of style and emotion. That's about all that's going for this last arc. The world building is fine, it's small in scope and it does take care of the pieces that Waid had in place in Coalville. It's a small story
Shannon Appelcline
Sadly, a somewhat weak end for the Incorruptible series. The biggest problem is that these issues feel a little incoherent. I think part of that may be crossovers with Irredeemable plots, but other events happen at a blur, almost without reason, such as the sudden appearance of people hating "hangers", Alana's changes, and the fate of St. Lucifer. Then, the whole series end with deus ex machina and emotions that haven't been earned.

So, generally a weak volume.

That's a pity because as a whole
Gavin
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The final volume is the best in many ways, as it finishes up Max's story, and really tests how redeemable he really is...
With radiation spreading across the globe, Coalville kept orderly by a supervillain, and Max seemingly distracted, what will happen?
One of Max's allies will not be able to handle the seemingly impossible situation, and will not make the end of our story.

The best part of this is that Waid actually examines the concept of redemption and what Max has done in his own mind to
Alan
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
With the series conclusion my mind remains unchanged on one thing about this series and the one that birthed it, Irredeemable. This is the better, stronger series both in terms of story and character.

There are some small exposition dumps to keep the reader informed of events in Irredeemable that affect the story here. Max Damage remains the focus, and his supporting cast all have prominent roles. The big reveal is the following:

Max finally realizes he can't be perfect. That he can't have the
David Skies
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
And so it ends: not with a bang, but a whimper. I never picked up the series which this parallels (by which I mean, my library never picked it up) but never have I really felt it's absence . . .
Until now.
See, until this, until the very last of the collected books in this series, this felt like a completely independent story of its own. Oh, sure, we got the backstory, the Plutonian and all that jazz; but really, that was just background noise to the attempted redeeming of former criminal
Sarah S.
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Just finished this final volume of the Incorruptible series. A little clunky in places, but on the whole: two thumbs up. Loved the characters, the plot line, the tragedy, and the hero's epiphany at the end. A twisted super-hero story that will make you smile. Now on to read Irredeemable...
Mark Schlatter
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Note: I read the previous issues in pamphlet form.

I would have been happy if Waid had continued the run of Irredeemable and Incorruptible, but this isn't a bad ending, just a somewhat sudden one.
Roman Colombo
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a pretty nice ending. It might have spoiled some of the last Irredeemable, but I'm guessing there's a lot more to it than what's ahown. A great series. now, just have the last Irredeemable.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good wrap up to the series. The main character finally finds redemption in his world. Recommended
Brian
3.5
James
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comicbooks
A bit anti-climatic but then again it's also insignificant.
Tyson Adams
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great series that I felt was more consistent than Irredeemable, which had a lot of plot lines.
Blindzider

• Injustice 2, Vol. 1
  • Top 10
  • The Boys, Volume 1: The Name of the Game
  • Bloodshot, Volume 1: Setting the World on Fire
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.

Incorruptible (7 books)