Start by marking “Choice (Reaper, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Choice (Reaper, #1.5)

Choice

(Reaper #1.5)

People often say everything happens for a reason.

Seventeen-year-old Jet Donavan Mathews is about to find out that statement is not always true. Jet will learn that sometimes there are moments which were never meant to occur, moments where you are left with a choice.

Choice is a Hereafter short story of approx. 2,500 words.
Kindle Edition
Published November 13th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choice

Na Deela
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this at the end of Touch. I liked getting Jet's back story. There were only two things I didn't like. Just like Touch, I wish it'd been a bit longer, or maybe incorporated with Touch. The other thing was I was looking for where he was hit in the head with the log. Somewhere in Touch it was mentioned, but I didn't see it in Choice. Other than that, I enjoyed his point of view and hope another book comes after to tell us what happens next.
Jean ~ Kindle Queen
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Make sure to read this one after Touch by Jennifer Snyder. Knowing the events from Touch makes Choice more bittersweet/heartbreaking. I just wish the story had been a little longer, but that's what I always want from short stories. I'm hoping the story will continue... 3.5 stars.
Radiant
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Reading Jet's Past gave us an view of his life..but i sure felt it was a bit rushed and abrupt..i mean how was he killed...something with log right?where was it?
Choice shows us how he becomes a reaper and how jet makes the most difficult choice.
Was good!
Sri.
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great added short from Jets POV
This was an interesting short story which shone a bit of light on how Jet became a reaper!
7.5 out of 10.
Alyson LaBarge
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
See my review of Touch and Choice together as they are now being presented on the Touch page.
*Lily's*
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
There might be spoilers.

We learn more about Jet in Choice. In Touch he was more of a background character, he would just show up, smirk and disappear so I liked that we got to see what happened to him.

It was sad, I wouldn't have taught that a seventeen yr old Jet would've been in that situation. And what happened to him was horrible, he was just trying to forget and have fun and here comes some @$$wholes, they just beat people up just because they can, poor Jet. Looks like he died alone. But w
Kim
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very short read, a bit of back story on Jet, who we met in the first novella of the series, Touch. I am glad this short was included because it really helped us get to know Jet. It explained how he came to be what he is and what had happened in his life to make him who he is as we know him now. It was tragic and sad and it made my feelings for Jet grow by leaps and bounds! This book gave us some answers to the questions raised in Touch.

My recommendation: A must read for the series, an
Sage Knightly
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was nice seeing Jet's point of view and how he chose to become a reaper. However, I would've liked more details on the baby situation. His life would've been nice to know more about as well. His life intrigued me, especially after the way he died, and since we know who he is after it, I'd love to know who he was before it. I get that this was just a short scene in his POV though, and not another novella, so I'm good with it.:)
Autumn Review
Nov 23, 2011 rated it liked it
I loved getting to know Jet better in this short story. It was interesting to see how he was given a choice to determine his fate. Choice helped to answer some questions for me after reading Touch. I look forward to seeing where his story goes in the series. This short story goes along with Touch, that is also part of the Hereafter series which will be released late 2012.
Holly
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
What a tragic glimpse into the events that led up to Jet becoming a Reaper. Although you know a little bit about what happened to him in Touch, he's still a mysterious character. It makes me want to learn more about him!
Tia
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
VERY short but it was great to get Jet's perspective of his life and what happened.
Bobbi
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jet's point of view in this short story in the back of the book Touch sheds a lot of light on a few things going on with him.
Ria

May 17, 2015
Mary Jackson
Mar 22, 2013
Bella
rated it did not like it
May 23, 2018
Jasmine
Jun 11, 2012
Alicia
Jul 25, 2013
Jennifer Snyder lives in North Carolina where she spends most of her time writing New Adult and Young Adult Fiction, reading, and struggling to stay on top of housework. She is a tea lover with an obsession for Post-it notes and smooth writing pens. Jennifer lives with her husband and two children, who endure listening to songs that spur inspiration on repeat and tolerate her love for all paranorm ...more

Reaper (3 books)
  • Touch (Reaper Novellas  #1)
  • Hereafter (Reaper, #2)