Start by marking “The Hunger Games Tribute Guide” as Want to Read:
The Hunger Games Tribute Guide

The Hunger Games Tribute Guide

(The Hunger Games Companions)

The New York Times bestselling Hunger Games is now a major motion picture—and here is the ultimate guide to the all the tributes in the 74th annual Hunger Games!

Here is the ultimate guide to the twenty-fourth annual Hunger Games. Follow the tributes' journey from the reaping to the Games, with an exclusive look at all the highlights along the way—the trip to the Capitol, t
Paperback, First Edition, 128 pages
Published March 2012 by Scholastic Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Hunger Games Tribute Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunger Games Tribute Guide

isabelle
Before reading:

Please.

I don't want to go through the pain again.

The nostalgia has already taken me in!

Nostalgia proceeded to shove this book in my face and told me to read the damn thing for his sake.

During reading:

description

After reading:

I hate nostalgia.
Holly Noelle
My real rating is more 1.5.

If I didn't get a discount because I work in a bookstore, I never would have purchased this.

Essentially it's pretty pictures from the film with some cursory commentary. Anyone that's read the book would know this. Absolutely nothing new.

I would say 1/3 of the book is just pictures of the tributes. Not multiple pictures, but rather the glamour shots for the games, followed up with their name and age. That, to me, screams: let's print off something really quickly to mak
Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Well, I like it. It gives you a better look on the tributes and the Capitol. There are also some pictures from the movie itself. I'm not going to give it five stars for it's not that good.
Joost
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Een leuke extra voor The Hunger Games! Lees hier mijn recensie:
Sarah Amelia
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-by-me
I bit boring because it's just stuff about the tributes but useful.
Olivia
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I freaked out when I saw this at the bookstore for around 6 dollars. I just had to pick it up! However, I wasn't totally happy with it. I wish that all the tributes names would have been given and what age they were. I did enjoy all the new pictures and the way the book was set up. It is a nice refresher for someone who hasn't read the book in a while. It seems to be told from the capitols point of view and it stops right when Katniss is being sent to the arena. So there is no new information of ...more
Amy Jacobs
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
If it is a book on the Hunger Games, you can bet I am going to buy it and drool over it. When I received this guide for review, I did not hesitate in jumping right into it. Unfortunately, it was not what I was really expecting.

We get to see wonderful pictures from the upcoming movie, but nothing really new that we haven't seen from released trailers. It is set up in sections from explaining the reason for the Hunger Games all the way to where Katniss enters the arena. It has color photos of each
Aubrey Hansen
I hereby pledge to confirm my Hunger Games geekdom by reading (and owning) all of the companion books!

Like most companion books, there isn't too much meat to this one. It's beautifully designed and loaded with gorgeous pictures, but it feels like it's written for a reading level that's below the age of the movie's target audience. The movie was very obviously teen fare--why write companion books geared at middle schoolers?

I was a little disappointed that this book didn't contain much informatio
Ashley
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.5 stars

I read this book in like 30 minutes. It was really short.

Going into this I thought that it would provide me with tons of insight on the novel such Panem, the districts, the tributes. But I felt it left me with nothing. I felt it just gave information the books already spoke about. This didn't really add much to the trilogy.
Stormy Summer
KATNISS, lewiś come here please
Diego Kroonblawd
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Every year the Capitol of Panem hosts an event called the Hunger Games where two "tributes" a boy and a girl are drafted from each of the twelve districts to be brought to an arena and fight to the death. Only one person can win. This is to remind the country not to rebel and for entertainment, of course. This year, unfortunately, Katniss's little sister is selected for the Hunger Games, so Katniss volunteers to take her place. Also selected is Peeta Mellark, the baker's son, who maybe has a tee ...more
Melissa
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: knowledge
This book is pretty pointless to be honest. Doesn't really bring anything new to the books. A lot of the book consists of pictures of the tributes and it says their name, age, district, etc.

I wouldn't recommend this book really, unless it's for movie merchandise collection purposes. I do have to say though, that someone I know absolutely fell in love with the book, so you might want to check it out.
Morgan Ashley
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's obviously just a recap of the beginning of the book with pictures from the movie, but I love the layout and everything. I honestly just picked this up again to meet my reading goal for the year, but it was nice to reread it!
Mac  Ross
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this book was great. It contains a lot of information from the movie. BUT other tribute names were not specified. But other than that its amazing.

UPDATE: 5/26/15
I just finished Mockingjay and I can't stop feeling heartbroken everytime I see ts book. I don't know why :(
Sara
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed learning about all the different tributes and what District they were from. I found the page saying what all the districts supplied and did got the Capitol quite interesting! If you liked The World Of The Hunger Games you'll enjoy this!
Kristi
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book is exactly what you would think from the title. It’s a guide to the Tributes. I was thinking maybe there would be addition content that we didn’t get in the book, but there is not. This would be a good “fan” book for movie-goers and perhaps even a refresher for readers that may not have read the book in a while.

I was hoping that perhaps we would get names for all of the Tributes. I realize that many in the books did not have names, but since this was a TRIBUTE book… I thought it would
Wendy
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
A pretty rudimentary taste before the movie comes out.

The tribute medallions are cool, as are the few pictures. It's like a super mini summary of HG #1 right up until Katniss emerges out of the tube into the arena.

If you're looking for a super detailed look into HG, it's not here. As for it being a 'tribute guide', it really is just a head shot of all 24, plus age, height, district of origin, and if their name is mentioned in the book, that as well. If not, no name is given.

I could complain a
Christine
If you watched the movie without reading the book, this is a decent replacement. You don't learn anything new from it, though information is a lot more organized.
Melissa Marie
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was expecting this to be a lot better. It's like a cheat sheet for non-readers.
Annette
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I have to admit, it felt somehow weird to read this novel, although I think it's kinda brilliantly done. This book is presented as an official tribute guide and it feels like it came straight from the capitol, where kids would buy this and read it, quoting things from interviews and discussing favorites with each other.

And it's exactly that part that feels a little weird. The Hunger Games, to me, is a story about what could be, about the cruelty of humanity and the fact that we enjoy watching o
Clare
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting read, I think that the book was designed as if it were to be read by citizens of the Capitol. I already knew pretty much everything in the tribute guide from reading the books and watching the movies, but it was from a different perspective which was nice.
Penelope
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-books
I was so excited to read this book! From the moment it was first announced, I was almost crazy with the knowledge that when I read this book, I would finally be able to know more about the tributes, their districts, and the film--all things promised in the description. Sadly, it didn't hold up to its promise.

At most, this book is a lavishly-worded summary of the first few chapters of The Hunger Games. Instead of a tribute guide, we hardly learn anything about the tributes that we haven't already
Rachel Tran
Jun 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
After reading this book I believe that no new information about the Hunger Games.
Lyn  Ching
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For more reviews, check out www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com

Imagine Caesar Flickerman writing an introductory book on the Hunger Games and its tributes. this book is its result.
The guide starts with an introduction to the Hunger Games' history before moving on to the districts with a brief description of each's specialty (District 1: Luxury. District 2: Masonry......). Then it describes the Reaping process where particularly in District 12, Katniss dramatically takes the place of her sister Primr
Krista
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Hunger Games Fans, Young Adults
Shelves: dystopia, young-adult
This guide gives you a little more in depth into some of the things behind the games. I really wish it had more though, because if you read the Hunger Games this book doesn't give you alot except for pictures. It does tell you about the districts but I wanted it to go into the characters lives a little more, the ones we didn't get a chance to get to know in the book.

I can't figure out if I love Cinna's character or I have a little crush on Lenny himself who plays Cinna. This book lets me get to
Vee
Aug 30, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: verkauft-2015
Kauft es euch bloß nicht!

Das Buch habe ich als Mängelexemplar in der Buchhandlung gefunden und bin sehr, sehr froh darüber, denn den vollen Preis kann man sich dafür wirklich sparen.

In diesem "Handbuch" wird eigentlich nur der erste Film nacherzählt - na ja, zumindest bis zu dem Punkt in dem die Tribute in die Arena kommen, denn danach ist Feierabend.
Man lernt nichts neues über die anderen Tribute, weil es Erstens: nur um Peeta und Katniss und Zweitens: eben eine einfache Nacherzählung ist. Sel
Rae
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian
I bought this when I was going through my Hunger Games phase (I can assure you I am no longer obsessed). As a huge Hunger Games fan I loved this little book. The pictures were great and it gave you lots of information on the tributes and other aspects in the book.

However, I think we all know this is just another silly little money maker and, well, it doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know. Anyhow, if you want to buy it, go ahead. Don't let me stop you, and anyway, I DID actuall
Madel
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another book of the hunger games count me in.I love this book because it shortens the hunger gamesFor each chapter in the hunger games it has a little summary of each chapter.This book has some details of each tribute in the hunger games.I recommend this book to anyone who does like reading that much and to people who feel like reading the hunger games book again but in short version.
Myndi
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This was cute for a fan of the series, or a collector of merchandise revolving around the books or movies. I enjoyed having the pictures of each of the tributes and what district they were from since it is all so chaotic in the movie that it's hard to keep them straight. If you've seen the movies or read the books it will seem a bit redundant.
-`ˏ maci ˎ´˗
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Holy mother of throwback. This was interesting to read. It brought back memories of when I read The Hunger Games in the fourth grade. It was my gateway book. Forever grateful for that series, and always to Suzanne Collins.
  • Guide to The Hunger Games
  • The World of the Hunger Games
  • Hunger Games Companion
  • The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook: From Lamb Stew to "Groosling" - More than 150 Recipes Inspired by The Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Hunger Games: A WikiFocus Book
  • Jennifer Lawrence: Star of the Hunger Games
  • The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Hunger Pains: A Parody
  • The Hunger Games: List of characters in the Hunger Games trilogy, The Hunger Games universe, Katniss Everdeen, etc
  • Articles on the Hunger Games, Including: Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire (2009 Novel), the Hunger Games Trilogy, Mockingjay, Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, List of Characters in the Hunger Games Trilogy, the Hunger Games Universe
  • The Hunger But Mainly Death Games: A Parody
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Summary & Study Guide
  • Beyond District 12: The Stars of The Hunger Games
  • Mockingjay: The Hunger Games - Book Three (A BookCaps Study Guide)
  • Twilight and Philosophy: Vampires, Vegetarians, and the Pursuit of Immortality
  • The Hunger Games and Philosophy: A Critique of Pure Treason
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon

The Hunger Games Companions (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The World of the Hunger Games
  • Guide to The Hunger Games
  • Hunger Games Companion
  • The Hunger Games: A WikiFocus Book
  • The Girl Who Was on Fire - Booster Pack: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Girl Who Was on Fire - Movie Edition, Extra Movie Content