Start by marking “Graffiti” as Want to Read:
Graffiti

Graffiti

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Before the advent of the Internet, men looking to make sexual contact with other men would cruise rest stops, shopping malls, and parks. There they often left messages on the walls of restrooms hoping to meet someone of like interest.

Alan Daniels, a young Vietnam veteran, has recently been questioning his sexuality. He takes a chance and writes a note in the john of his lo
Published November 1st 2011 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Graffiti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graffiti

V
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!!!

The blurb said "Before the advent of the Internet" this story is set even before we knew all out about Aids.
You will see that in those years sexual encounters were very careless, and the author described the way men did the "cruising" perfectly.
Before you read this story you need understand that in those years it was different, sex was done in parks, behind the trees and sometimes in the middle of the day, everyone knew what those parks were for, and you stay away from it, if that
Danni
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5*

This book was ok, but the passive writing style didn't work for me. Everything felt a bit muted -I wanted the public sex to be sleazier, the love to be more intense, the fear/shame to be stronger.

I also felt disappointed with the setting - if I read a story about a different era I want to feel like I've been transported back in time - if it wasn't for the mention of the Vietnam war, I might have found myself wondering why they didn't go looking for sex on the internet like any normal person!
Andy Soria
Apr 08, 2015
Lara
Mar 31, 2013
Celebrating Some November Releases From JMS Books 1 1 Nov 30, 2011 08:32AM
Since retiring, Terry spends his time writing, working with animal rescue groups, walking his three dogs, pumping iron while listening to Harry Potter audio books and riding/showing his champion Quarter Horse.

His interest in Native American culture stems from the fact that in tracing his heritage, he found his great grandfather was an Illini.
More about Terry O'Reilly...