Start by marking “No Dessert Forever!” as Want to Read:
No Dessert Forever!

No Dessert Forever!

2.6  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews

Have you ever been blamed for mischief your brother has caused? Did you get mad?

Well, so does the girl in this book about a brother who pesters, and a sister who objects -- big time.

In their spirited words and pictures, favorite friends George Ella Lyon and Peter Catalanotto have a fine time righting the wrong of this familiar family injustice.

Published October 24th 2006 by Atheneum/Richard Jackson Books

To ask other readers questions about No Dessert Forever!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Dessert Forever!

Beth Wood
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Thought I would love this book, based on the cover and the title, but the book fell short of its potential. The little girl gets in trouble for knocking over a lamp, and then goes on a diatribe of what she will do when she is big. My problem with the book was that the resolution was flat compared to the anger displayed by the little girl's character. This would have been an excellent situation to show an adult apologizing to a child for a misunderstanding, but I didn't come away with that feelin ...more
Jillian
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
On the surface, this is kind of a cute book - little girl is on time-out, and tells her doll about all the ways she'll punish her "child" when she's older.

Which...is really kind of horrifying, once you think about it. Especially since we know from the outset that the girl is being punished for something that was her brother's fault, and mom didn't believe her. And so we see the girl making silly rules about no dessert unless you eat your gross dinner, but also things like "breathing with your br
Jackie
Life comes around full circle, as the young girl is punished for her brother's silly prank. She imagines how it will be when she is the mother and her doll is the 'child'. No Dessert Forever! is what is threatened, but mothers ( and little girls) have a way of figuring out just who is really to blame after all...all is well.

Used for "We Love Desserts!" storytime-May, 2010.
Dolly
Nov 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a good book to read with children to help resolve conflict and angry emotions. Especially those who have issues with sibling rivalry/conflict, it's a good way to start a discussion about how children feel, especially if they feel they've gotten unfairly treated.
Esther
No Dessert Forever is all about a sister who feels wrongly accused for something her brother did! So throughout this whole book, she talks about everything that she would do if she were bigger. Very animated, very fun to read.
Heidi-Marie
Mar 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book. I think part of that may be that there was something I'm not getting. Wasn't much of a fan of the illustrations. And I don't really like how the message comes out. The book just wasn't for me.
Eric Coulbourne
Rebecca Shelton
Sep 19, 2014
Katheryn
Oct 26, 2012
George Ella Lyon is a Kentucky author who has published in many genres, including picture books, poetry, juvenile novels, and articles.
More about George Ella Lyon...