Start by marking “The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)

The Prophet

(Graveyard Queen #3)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  6,272 Ratings  ·  758 Reviews
My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side o
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by Mira (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Prophet, please sign up.
Bailey You learn a lot about Amelia's past (her birth family, the circumstances of her birth, etc) in The Kingdom (book 2). I haven't read The Restorer yet,…moreYou learn a lot about Amelia's past (her birth family, the circumstances of her birth, etc) in The Kingdom (book 2). I haven't read The Restorer yet, but I feel like I would want all that information before reading the next installment, which I plan on doing as soon as my library gets it. (less)

Mada Linx
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Robin (Bridge Four)
Kindle daily deal 19Aug16 Amazon $0.99. I really liked this otherworldly series with ghosts.

3.5 Stars

“Never bargain with the dead. We have nothing to lose.”

I liked the Kingdom well enough, but something was missing for me, it was John Devlin. The forbidden romance of the original Graveyard Queen was like a gaping hole that needed to be filled. Thane was an interesting character but I missed the haunted detective and wanted Amelia to get back to Charleston so that we could explore that story li
Laura the Highland Hussy
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Demon Lover's Books and More

4.5

Spoiler-Free

Amelia is back in Charleston and trying her best to avoid Devlin. But it isn’t so easy to do when she thinks about him constantly. It doesn’t help that ghosts keep leading her to him.

His dead friend, nicknamed the Prophet, who we met in the first book, is calling the shots this time. He just wants to rest, but he thinks the fact that he doesn’t remember who his killer is might be why he can’t. He wants Amelia to figure out who killed hi
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

I need The Visitor ASAP.
Jen Davis
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amanda Stevens really put me through the wringer with this third installment of her Graveyard Queen series. When we last saw Amelia, she was on her way back to Charleston to answer a summons for help from John Devlin. It's almost like The Kingdom was a "time-out" from the action of The Restorer in many ways.

But now Amelia is back in the thick of things. Back at the old cemetery where she was working before. Surrounded by the same ghosts. In love with the same man. With the same roadblocks. Only
Cathy
Sadly, this book totally didn't work for me. I loved the first two books in this series, they were eerie and haunting and a lot of fun, but this one just fell apart in almost every way for me.

It started out weird that instead of being absolutely horrified by what she found out about her past in Asher Falls, Amelia was somehow inspired by it. She always felt like a loner but now she says knows why she is the way she is so its OK. But it's horrible, it's not just a family trait she got from her "P
Inés Izal
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, favoritos
Tengo que reconocer que me costó mucho decidirme a empezar a leer la serie "La reina del cementerio". No tenía ningún tipo de expectativa y pensaba erróneamente que la serie seguiría las mismas pautas que la de televisión "Entre fantasmas". ¡Que ilusa fui!

"El Profeta" es el título de la tercera parte de esta serie que sigue las aventuras de nuestra querida Amelia, una joven restauradora de cementerios que oculta un gran secreto: es capaz de ver fantasmas. (Si, es un don terrible viendo a lo que
Maria Clara
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Realmente un 4.5
Aunque esta tercera parte me ha encantado, no ha conseguido atraparme tanto como el primer y segundo libro. La historia en sí está bien, muy bien, pero la relación entre Devlin y Amelia me ha parecido un tanto floja: en ningún momento he sentido ese amor prohibido, esa necesidad de estar juntos o atracción entre ellos. Es por eso que no puedo ponerle las cinco estrellas.
Fani *loves angst*
The Prophet is the final book in The Graveyard Queen trilogy, one of my favorite series for 2011-2012. I cannot tell how excited I was to finally read this book, as the previous two had managed to raise my heartrate close to cardiac arrest levels:)

Once more we are in beautiful Charleston, getting the incredible vibes of Creole music, smells and lore, we first read about in the first book. The book doesn't waste any time; as soon as it starts, Amelia finds she has a task to complete if she's to f
♥Rachel♥
Love all the revelations! The romance between Devlin and Amelia finally feels mutual!

Can't wait for the next one!

Audio narration is wonderful.
Beatriz
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Realmente me encanta esta autora y sus libros sobre Amelia Grey. Esta tercera entrega cumple las expectativas porque, además de un relato tan sobrecogedor como los dos anteriores, nos entrega una resolución muy cuidada, emotiva e inesperada a todos los misterios que se vienen arrastrando desde la primera novela.

Sin embargo, en sus últimas páginas aparecen nuevos componentes, por lo que no me extrañaría que pronto pudiéramos disfrutar de un nuevo libro sobre la Reina del Cementerio.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Uuuugh frustration dump

Why did all of this happen? Why??

Lemme tell you my problem. My problems, since I have more than one. I was not happy with starting The Prophet because the previous book, The Kingdom, sucked ass. So I was afraid that The Prophet will suck ass as well. Guess what? It did! Even though Amelia was back in Charleston, even though Devlin’s there, nothing worked the way I wanted it to. Too much whining, too few creepy.

A good quote of what the book is really about would be the foll
Litzy
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
terminado. me ha gustado mucho pero no ha llegado a gustarme como los anteriores. La relación Devlin y Amelia me ha encantado
Rane

And Then the Prophet Appeared from behind the veil
Would his words by lies or truths?
As Darkness falls once again and the veil lifts to free the unrest

Amanda Stevens brings us back to the beginning, to the sultry Charleston where it all begin. Things comes full circle for Amelia when the ghost of Robert Fremont also known as the Prophet, asks for her help. Amelia has to sort out alot of facts along the way uncovers some things that have been left hanging from the first book.
Added to the m
AH
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Warning! Do not read this book if you are home alone!

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens is the third book in The Graveyard Queen series. This book finds our heroine Amelia Gray back in Charleston, S.C. after some time away at Asher Falls (The Kingdom). Amelia is glad to be home, but she was deeply affected by the events at Asher Falls. She desperately misses someone from that town, yet she still pines for John Devlin, a haunted man.

Amelia can see ghosts. These ghosts are dangerous; they can drain the
Kira
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amelia was back in Charleston, and I was very happy about it. Although this is the third book in the series, it’s a continuation of the first book, which really makes the second book feel out of place. The ghosts in Charleston would not leave Amelia alone, and they were becoming more dangerous. Amelia was trying to avoid Devlin but the ghosts were drawing them together.

Up to this point, this is the best book in the series. With each book the stories get progressively creepier. The mystery was re
M.
*SOME SPOILERS*

The eye rolling moments continued as Amelia kept up with her TSTL actions. The mystery was still there and it kept me going but I could not ignore Amelia's grating personality, her annoying, repetitive inner dialogues, and her inactions when it mattered.
Devlin's character, who I had found captivating and alluring in the first book, turned out flat and unappealing in The Prophet. I kept wishing that Thane would make an appearance. It made me wonder again what was the point of The
Book of Secrets
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
THE PROPHET is the third installment in the spooky Graveyard Queen series. This time around, Amelia is back in Charleston and haunted by the ghost of a murdered police officer. He needs answers, and Amelia won't find any peace until he gets his way. The mystery was good, though the pacing dragged a bit in places.

The second book in this series, THE KINGDOM, was my absolute favorite, and THE PROPHET had a hard time measuring up. I'm kinda done with Amelia pining over John Devlin. He needs to go, s
Katter
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This third installment was not what I expected. The first two books were full of excitement, mystery, thrill, and wonder. I don't think 'The Prophet' lived up to the potential of the others. Amelia isn't really doing much of anything in this one. Instead of action and adventure, the reader is smothered with gobs of emotional turmoil.

Amelia is tied up in knots over Devlin and constantly worries about what he thinks of her. She wants to know where their relationship stands. Does he still like her?
Niusa
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Me gustó más que el anterior pues no fue tan previsible y aunque sigue pecando en repetir una y otra vez lo mismo( más de 80 veces hace referencia de una forma u otra a las normas de su padre) la trama me atrapó hasta el final.
Jess the Romanceaholic

My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Graveyard Queen
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Steamy

While I do feel that the Graveyard Queen series is best read in order, I’m not sure how much of that stems from my immense enjoyment of the series and how much of it is really the feeling t
Tammie
3.5 stars. In The Prophet, Amelia is back in Charleston and supposedly trying to avoid Devlin. But it isn't long before she accidentally runs into him, sort of, and then she decides she wants to see him late one night, but chickens out and ends up hiding in the bushes at the last minute spying and eavesdropping on him, acting very much like a stalker. Why couldn't she simply call him up and ask him to come over? She ends up hiding and spying on quite a few people in this book. Despite this child ...more
Alyson
Well, after three books, Amelia never did grow on me. Her voice is still stilted and over-dramatic, and she still occasionally falls into too-stupid-to-live. She's "powerful," but I still don't know why. Devlin is still completely cardboard, and completely lacking in the charm other reviewers seem to have found. The mystery here is allll over the place, with a zillion characters (some new ones, too, because there weren't enough before?), many which serve plainly as deus ex machina. Still scratch ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I'm flip flopping between a 3 1/2 and a 4 star rating with this one.

Amelia got on my nerves with her whiny attitude when it came to Devlin and her childish ways of ducking behind bushes and the stalking kinda kills the mood.

The story seemed to go all over the place but if you read on to the last 80-90% things move fast and everything is revealed!

But...then the story ends too quickly and too easily with still too many questions left that will you pondering.

Book #4 can't come soon enough!
Tara Chevrestt
I loved the first two books in The Graveyard Queen series. I think the second was my favorite though. The horror of Asher Falls... this one just can't compare to that.

They had to bring that whole Devlin, Robert, Mariama, and daughter thing back. I didn't like Devlin in book one and liked him even less this time. And Amelia Gray...why oh why, do you want a man, pine for him even, when he was just nuzzling some other woman's neck? What the hell is wrong with you, girl?

The entire novel was Amelia m
Lorelle
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uf-keen-as
4.5
This is a toughy. The reason being I loved the creepiness and structure of the last 2 so much, I was expecting the same to continue so I considered rating down . You know what ? Stuff it. Im not going to penalise her for having amazing books preceeding. This is a book where some stuff is revealed, while leaving other questions unanswered. The mystery in this one was not as smooth. But...I couldnt put it down, it was a page turner and sped through it. A sign of a 5 star book.
Theresa
5 Stars... What an intense ride from start to finish... I was not sure which way this book was going to turn out; it certainly twisted me through a frightening mystery that had me second guessing the outcome on multiple occasions... Once again, Amanda Stevens provides a hauntingly descriptive dialogue that reaches out to captivate all one's senses evoking such strong emotional reactions... The layers to this story continue to unfold compelling me to want to ingest the next read in the series:)
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
After loving the second book I was very much looking forward to reading this third book. I am sorry to say that I am quite disappointed with this installment. It isn’t a bad book but I got annoyed with certain aspects. But not enough to want to stop reading the series.

In this book Amelia returns back to Charleston and we even briefly return back to the graveyard Amelia started restoring in the first book. And of course Devlin comes back into this book. I noticed in the second book how I liked th
Lauren
The Prophet
4.5 Stars

The Prophet is book #3 but it continues from where book #1, The Restorer, left off in terms of Amelia's relationship with Devlin and the issues surrounding the deaths of his wife and daughter.

Although Amelia is an engaging heroine, she has an annoying tendency toward TSTL behavior, particularly in this book. She constantly ignores her instincts and finds herself in precarious situations and the only explanation is that her actions are necessary for the story to progress as th
Keri
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was 3.5 stars for me. I find this one a bit hard to review. I love the series overall and it has kept me engaged the entire time. I love ghost stories that have a touch of romance in them and this works in that regard. But it started to go off the rails about halfway through. I love Devlin’s character, but I didn’t love him for most of this book. The reasons were as readers we weren’t in his head enough to know what he was doing or why he was doing what he was doing. He also never explained ...more
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • Drop Dead Beauty (A Ghost Dusters Mystery #5)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Blood of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #2)
Amanda Stevens is the award-winning author of over fifty novels, including the modern gothic series, The Graveyard Queen. Her books have been described as eerie and atmospheric, “a new take on the classic ghost story.” Born and raised in the rural south, she now resides in Houston, Texas, where she enjoys binge-watching, bike riding and the occasional Horror Night with friends.

The Graveyard Queen

Graveyard Queen (6 books)
  • The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1)
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)
  • The Visitor (Graveyard Queen, #4)
  • The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5)
  • The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg, #1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon
  • The Things you find in Rockpools
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Through the Fog (Evan, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • Up Country
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Surrogate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Teacher (DS Imogen Grey, #1)
  • Lies That Bind Us
    $10.49 $1.99
  • The Prettiest One
  • The Book of James
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Pardon (Jack Swyteck, #1)
  • The Storm King
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Down River
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Council of Twelve (The Hangman's Daughter #7)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Intercept (Jeremy Fisk, #1)
  • If I Run (If I Run #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
“The mind has the ability to influence the body on a subconscious level.” 2 likes