Start by marking “The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)

(Graveyard Queen #3)

My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side o
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Prophet, please sign up.
Bailey You learn a lot about Amelia's past (her birth family, the circumstances of her birth, etc) in The Kingdom (book 2). I haven't read The Restorer yet, …moreYou learn a lot about Amelia's past (her birth family, the circumstances of her birth, etc) in The Kingdom (book 2). I haven't read The Restorer yet, but I feel like I would want all that information before reading the next installment, which I plan on doing as soon as my library gets it. (less)
Mamen Andrés Not much really. She had a kind of relationship in the second book, but it doesn’t affect the last book. On the other hand, think the second is the be…moreNot much really. She had a kind of relationship in the second book, but it doesn’t affect the last book. On the other hand, think the second is the best in the saga in my opinion, so, whatever the order, you shouldn’t miss it!(less)

Start your review of The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
Phrynne
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-2020
I enjoyed the first two books but this one was a bit ordinary!

Minus stars for:
* Amelia who whined too much and continually did that thing of "I know I shouldn't do this because it is so dangerous but I am going to do it anyway."
* her relationship with John Devlin which is so strange I just do not buy it.

Plus stars for:
* some scary bits
* the surprising ending
* at least some of the ghosts have moved on.

I probably will not continue with the series because (view spoiler)
Mada Linx
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Demon Lover's Books and More

4.5

Spoiler-Free

Amelia is back in Charleston and trying her best to avoid Devlin. But it isn’t so easy to do when she thinks about him constantly. It doesn’t help that ghosts keep leading her to him.

His dead friend, nicknamed the Prophet, who we met in the first book, is calling the shots this time. He just wants to rest, but he thinks the fact that he doesn’t remember who his killer is might be why he can’t. He wants Amelia to figure out who killed hi
Robin (Bridge Four)
Kindle daily deal 19Aug16 Amazon $0.99. I really liked this otherworldly series with ghosts.

3.5 Stars

“Never bargain with the dead. We have nothing to lose.”

I liked the Kingdom well enough, but something was missing for me, it was John Devlin. The forbidden romance of the original Graveyard Queen was like a gaping hole that needed to be filled. Thane was an interesting character but I missed the haunted detective and wanted Amelia to get back to Charleston so that we could explore that story
Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
By: Amanda Stevens
Narrated by: Khristine Hvam
This book ha Amelia back home but what awaits her is the ghosts from book one. She also has one that is stronger. There is also someone that has special supernatural or voodoo type powers. Very suspenseful. Special secrets revealed! Non-stop creepiness! Her private and hallowed, sacred ground that kept things undead out of her house was breached by a ghost! Good creepy book about ghost and creepy people!
Great narration!
Jen Davis
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amanda Stevens really put me through the wringer with this third installment of her Graveyard Queen series. When we last saw Amelia, she was on her way back to Charleston to answer a summons for help from John Devlin. It's almost like The Kingdom was a "time-out" from the action of The Restorer in many ways.

But now Amelia is back in the thick of things. Back at the old cemetery where she was working before. Surrounded by the same ghosts. In love with the same man. With the same roadblocks. Only
Cathy
Sadly, this book totally didn't work for me. I loved the first two books in this series, they were eerie and haunting and a lot of fun, but this one just fell apart in almost every way for me.

It started out weird that instead of being absolutely horrified by what she found out about her past in Asher Falls, Amelia was somehow inspired by it. She always felt like a loner but now she says knows why she is the way she is so its OK. But it's horrible, it's not just a family trait she got from her "P
Fani *loves angst*
The Prophet is the final book in The Graveyard Queen trilogy, one of my favorite series for 2011-2012. I cannot tell how excited I was to finally read this book, as the previous two had managed to raise my heartrate close to cardiac arrest levels:)

Once more we are in beautiful Charleston, getting the incredible vibes of Creole music, smells and lore, we first read about in the first book. The book doesn't waste any time; as soon as it starts, Amelia finds she has a task to complete if she's to f
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Uuuugh frustration dump

Why did all of this happen? Why??

Lemme tell you my problem. My problems, since I have more than one. I was not happy with starting The Prophet because the previous book, The Kingdom, sucked ass. So I was afraid that The Prophet will suck ass as well. Guess what? It did! Even though Amelia was back in Charleston, even though Devlin’s there, nothing worked the way I wanted it to. Too much whining, too few creepy.

A good quote of what the book is really about would be the
♥Rachel♥
Love all the revelations! The romance between Devlin and Amelia finally feels mutual!

Can't wait for the next one!

Audio narration is wonderful.
Lori
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I'm in it for the cemeteries. The third book in this series finds Amelia Grey, restorer of old cemeteries, not restoring an old cemetery and still purportedly in love with a man she barely knows, who is tall, dark and handsome and -- what? All she knows about his background is he's a cop, his wife and child died in a car accident, and that he comes from a moneyed Charleston family that isn't pleased he's a cop.

That one time they fooled around was apparently the highlight of her life. The author
Rane

And Then the Prophet Appeared from behind the veil
Would his words by lies or truths?
As Darkness falls once again and the veil lifts to free the unrest

Amanda Stevens brings us back to the beginning, to the sultry Charleston where it all begin. Things comes full circle for Amelia when the ghost of Robert Fremont also known as the Prophet, asks for her help. Amelia has to sort out alot of facts along the way uncovers some things that have been left hanging from the first book.
Added to the
AH
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Warning! Do not read this book if you are home alone!

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens is the third book in The Graveyard Queen series. This book finds our heroine Amelia Gray back in Charleston, S.C. after some time away at Asher Falls (The Kingdom). Amelia is glad to be home, but she was deeply affected by the events at Asher Falls. She desperately misses someone from that town, yet she still pines for John Devlin, a haunted man.

Amelia can see ghosts. These ghosts are dangerous; they can drain th
Kira
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amelia was back in Charleston, and I was very happy about it. Although this is the third book in the series, it’s a continuation of the first book, which really makes the second book feel out of place. The ghosts in Charleston would not leave Amelia alone, and they were becoming more dangerous. Amelia was trying to avoid Devlin but the ghosts were drawing them together.

Up to this point, this is the best book in the series. With each book the stories get progressively creepier. The mystery was re
Jess the Romanceaholic

My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Graveyard Queen
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Steamy

While I do feel that the Graveyard Queen series is best read in order, I’m not sure how much of that stems from my immense enjoyment of the series and how much of it is really the feeling t
M.
*SOME SPOILERS*

The eye rolling moments continued as Amelia kept up with her TSTL actions. The mystery was still there and it kept me going but I could not ignore Amelia's grating personality, her annoying, repetitive inner dialogues, and her inactions when it mattered.
Devlin's character, who I had found captivating and alluring in the first book, turned out flat and unappealing in The Prophet. I kept wishing that Thane would make an appearance. It made me wonder again what was the point of The
Diana | Book of Secrets
THE PROPHET is the third installment in the spooky Graveyard Queen series. This time around, Amelia is back in Charleston and haunted by the ghost of a murdered police officer. He needs answers, and Amelia won't find any peace until he gets his way. The mystery was good, though the pacing dragged a bit in places.

The second book in this series, THE KINGDOM, was my absolute favorite, and THE PROPHET had a hard time measuring up. I'm kinda done with Amelia pining over John Devlin. He needs to go, s
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
👻 "Everyone loved the previous books except me and WhyAmIStillHere?!" BR with the gurls of the MacHalo Asylum 👻

Sophia
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
A cemetery restorer who sees and is haunted by ghosts who happens to be in love with a brooding, haunted man. Yep, I just had to press forward with this series and continue with Amelia's chilling adventures with ghosts and romance.

The Prophet is book three in the Graveyard Queen series and these must be read in order as they all connect in one ongoing story.

After the harrowing adventure in Asher Falls and Devlin's cryptic message, Amelia is now back in Charleston and trying to recover. She is so
Tammie
3.5 stars. In The Prophet, Amelia is back in Charleston and supposedly trying to avoid Devlin. But it isn't long before she accidentally runs into him, sort of, and then she decides she wants to see him late one night, but chickens out and ends up hiding in the bushes at the last minute spying and eavesdropping on him, acting very much like a stalker. Why couldn't she simply call him up and ask him to come over? She ends up hiding and spying on quite a few people in this book. Despite this child ...more
Alyson
Well, after three books, Amelia never did grow on me. Her voice is still stilted and over-dramatic, and she still occasionally falls into too-stupid-to-live. She's "powerful," but I still don't know why. Devlin is still completely cardboard, and completely lacking in the charm other reviewers seem to have found. The mystery here is allll over the place, with a zillion characters (some new ones, too, because there weren't enough before?), many which serve plainly as deus ex machina. Still scratch ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I'm flip flopping between a 3 1/2 and a 4 star rating with this one.

Amelia got on my nerves with her whiny attitude when it came to Devlin and her childish ways of ducking behind bushes and the stalking kinda kills the mood.

The story seemed to go all over the place but if you read on to the last 80-90% things move fast and everything is revealed!

But...then the story ends too quickly and too easily with still too many questions left that will you pondering.

Book #4 can't come soon enough!
Katter
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This third installment was not what I expected. The first two books were full of excitement, mystery, thrill, and wonder. I don't think 'The Prophet' lived up to the potential of the others. Amelia isn't really doing much of anything in this one. Instead of action and adventure, the reader is smothered with gobs of emotional turmoil.

Amelia is tied up in knots over Devlin and constantly worries about what he thinks of her. She wants to know where their relationship stands. Does he still like her?
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, favorite
I am back with a review for the third installment in the Graveyard Queen series and I have to say, I think I have an addiction problem. I can't seem to stop reading them. The only reason book four is on hold is because it got delayed in transit, which I guess is okay because I am totally lacking sleep.

The Prophet picked up on some of the events that occurred in the first book. The ghost of Robert Fremont is back and he wants Amelia to find his killer because he wants to move on. To make things w
Lauren
4.5 Stars

The Prophet is book #3 but it continues from where book #1, The Restorer, left off in terms of Amelia's relationship with Devlin and the issues surrounding the deaths of his wife and daughter.

Although Amelia is an engaging heroine, she has an annoying tendency toward TSTL behavior, particularly in this book. She constantly ignores her instincts and finds herself in precarious situations and the only explanation is that her actions are necessary for the story to progress as th
Tara Chevrestt
I loved the first two books in The Graveyard Queen series. I think the second was my favorite though. The horror of Asher Falls... this one just can't compare to that.

They had to bring that whole Devlin, Robert, Mariama, and daughter thing back. I didn't like Devlin in book one and liked him even less this time. And Amelia Gray...why oh why, do you want a man, pine for him even, when he was just nuzzling some other woman's neck? What the hell is wrong with you, girl?

The entire novel was Amelia m
Angie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
The last novel of The Graveyard Queen is very slow, too full of ghosts, and woo-woo. It's so irrational and flat that I didn't realise there was a story going on. Not enough action, too much talk or thinking. Though the previous books dealt too with paranormal, there's an abrupt change of tone here. It sound less serious. It was too surreal, and crazy at times, so I got confused and bored. I felt like Amanda Stevens didn't know where she was heading.
The relation between Amelia and Devlin is sti
Veronica
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's been a few weeks since Amelia left Asher Falls. She's back in Charleston and, for me, that makes all the difference in this series. Though this is the third book in the series, it feels like a natural continuation from book one with the second book feeling like the odd man out. Book two was interesting, to be sure, but it plays more like an extended side story. With this book, things are back on track with Amelia getting answers to questions raised in book one. This book raises it own quest ...more
Lorelle
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uf-keen-as
4.5
This is a toughy. The reason being I loved the creepiness and structure of the last 2 so much, I was expecting the same to continue so I considered rating down . You know what ? Stuff it. Im not going to penalise her for having amazing books preceeding. This is a book where some stuff is revealed, while leaving other questions unanswered. The mystery in this one was not as smooth. But...I couldnt put it down, it was a page turner and sped through it. A sign of a 5 star book.
Theresa
5 Stars... What an intense ride from start to finish... I was not sure which way this book was going to turn out; it certainly twisted me through a frightening mystery that had me second guessing the outcome on multiple occasions... Once again, Amanda Stevens provides a hauntingly descriptive dialogue that reaches out to captivate all one's senses evoking such strong emotional reactions... The layers to this story continue to unfold compelling me to want to ingest the next read in the series:) ...more

• Once Loved (Shattered Past, #2)
  • Once Pure (Shattered Past, #3)
  • Rough Touch (Valetti Crime Family #3)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • His Hostage (Valetti Crime Family #2)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders, #4)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Kyre (Vaznik Warriors, #2)
  • White (Black, #3)
  • The Book of Love (Magdalene Line Trilogy, #2)
  • Novelas de Isabel Allende: La Casa de Los Espiritus, El Bosque de Los Pigmeos, El Reino del Dragon de Oro, de Amor y de Sombra, La Ciudad de Las Bestias, Retrato En Sepia, El Zorro: Comienza La Leyenda, Hija de La Fortuna
  • Peregrinatio
  • El mal camino
  • The Tower
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • Forever (BFF: Best Friend's Father #3)
Amanda Stevens is the award-winning author of over fifty novels, including the modern gothic series, The Graveyard Queen. Her books have been described as eerie and atmospheric, “a new take on the classic ghost story.” Born and raised in the rural south, she now resides in Houston, Texas, where she enjoys binge-watching, bike riding and the occasional Horror Night with friends.

The Graveyard Queen

Graveyard Queen (6 books)
  • The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1)
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)
  • The Visitor (Graveyard Queen, #4)
  • The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5)
  • The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6)