Start by marking “The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)

(Graveyard Queen #3)

My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side
Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Prophet, please sign up.
Bailey You learn a lot about Amelia's past (her birth family, the circumstances of her birth, etc) in The Kingdom (book 2). I haven't read The Restorer yet,…moreYou learn a lot about Amelia's past (her birth family, the circumstances of her birth, etc) in The Kingdom (book 2). I haven't read The Restorer yet, but I feel like I would want all that information before reading the next installment, which I plan on doing as soon as my library gets it. (less)

Start your review of The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
Mada Linx
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Demon Lover's Books and More

4.5

Spoiler-Free

Amelia is back in Charleston and trying her best to avoid Devlin. But it isn’t so easy to do when she thinks about him constantly. It doesn’t help that ghosts keep leading her to him.

His dead friend, nicknamed the Prophet, who we met in the first book, is calling the shots this time. He just wants to rest, but he thinks the fact that he doesn’t remember who his killer is might be why he can’t. He wants Amelia to figure out who killed
Robin (Bridge Four)
Kindle daily deal 19Aug16 Amazon $0.99. I really liked this otherworldly series with ghosts.

3.5 Stars

“Never bargain with the dead. We have nothing to lose.”

I liked the Kingdom well enough, but something was missing for me, it was John Devlin. The forbidden romance of the original Graveyard Queen was like a gaping hole that needed to be filled. Thane was an interesting character but I missed the haunted detective and wanted Amelia to get back to Charleston so that we could explore that story
Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
By: Amanda Stevens
Narrated by: Khristine Hvam
This book ha Amelia back home but what awaits her is the ghosts from book one. She also has one that is stronger. There is also someone that has special supernatural or voodoo type powers. Very suspenseful. Special secrets revealed! Non-stop creepiness! Her private and hallowed, sacred ground that kept things undead out of her house was breached by a ghost! Good creepy book about ghost and creepy people!
Great narration!
Jen Davis
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amanda Stevens really put me through the wringer with this third installment of her Graveyard Queen series. When we last saw Amelia, she was on her way back to Charleston to answer a summons for help from John Devlin. It's almost like The Kingdom was a "time-out" from the action of The Restorer in many ways.

But now Amelia is back in the thick of things. Back at the old cemetery where she was working before. Surrounded by the same ghosts. In love with the same man. With the same roadblocks. Only
Cathy
Sadly, this book totally didn't work for me. I loved the first two books in this series, they were eerie and haunting and a lot of fun, but this one just fell apart in almost every way for me.

It started out weird that instead of being absolutely horrified by what she found out about her past in Asher Falls, Amelia was somehow inspired by it. She always felt like a loner but now she says knows why she is the way she is so its OK. But it's horrible, it's not just a family trait she got from her
Fani *loves angst*
The Prophet is the final book in The Graveyard Queen trilogy, one of my favorite series for 2011-2012. I cannot tell how excited I was to finally read this book, as the previous two had managed to raise my heartrate close to cardiac arrest levels:)

Once more we are in beautiful Charleston, getting the incredible vibes of Creole music, smells and lore, we first read about in the first book. The book doesn't waste any time; as soon as it starts, Amelia finds she has a task to complete if she's to
♥Rachel♥
Love all the revelations! The romance between Devlin and Amelia finally feels mutual!

Can't wait for the next one!

Audio narration is wonderful.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Uuuugh frustration dump

Why did all of this happen? Why??

Lemme tell you my problem. My problems, since I have more than one. I was not happy with starting The Prophet because the previous book, The Kingdom, sucked ass. So I was afraid that The Prophet will suck ass as well. Guess what? It did! Even though Amelia was back in Charleston, even though Devlin’s there, nothing worked the way I wanted it to. Too much whining, too few creepy.

A good quote of what the book is really about would be the
Rane

And Then the Prophet Appeared from behind the veil
Would his words by lies or truths?
As Darkness falls once again and the veil lifts to free the unrest

Amanda Stevens brings us back to the beginning, to the sultry Charleston where it all begin. Things comes full circle for Amelia when the ghost of Robert Fremont also known as the Prophet, asks for her help. Amelia has to sort out alot of facts along the way uncovers some things that have been left hanging from the first book.
Added to the
AH
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Warning! Do not read this book if you are home alone!

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens is the third book in The Graveyard Queen series. This book finds our heroine Amelia Gray back in Charleston, S.C. after some time away at Asher Falls (The Kingdom). Amelia is glad to be home, but she was deeply affected by the events at Asher Falls. She desperately misses someone from that town, yet she still pines for John Devlin, a haunted man.

Amelia can see ghosts. These ghosts are dangerous; they can drain
Kira
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amelia was back in Charleston, and I was very happy about it. Although this is the third book in the series, it’s a continuation of the first book, which really makes the second book feel out of place. The ghosts in Charleston would not leave Amelia alone, and they were becoming more dangerous. Amelia was trying to avoid Devlin but the ghosts were drawing them together.

Up to this point, this is the best book in the series. With each book the stories get progressively creepier. The mystery was
Jess the Romanceaholic

My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Graveyard Queen
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Steamy

While I do feel that the Graveyard Queen series is best read in order, I’m not sure how much of that stems from my immense enjoyment of the series and how much of it is really the feeling
M.
*SOME SPOILERS*

The eye rolling moments continued as Amelia kept up with her TSTL actions. The mystery was still there and it kept me going but I could not ignore Amelia's grating personality, her annoying, repetitive inner dialogues, and her inactions when it mattered.
Devlin's character, who I had found captivating and alluring in the first book, turned out flat and unappealing in The Prophet. I kept wishing that Thane would make an appearance. It made me wonder again what was the point of The
Book of Secrets°ღ
THE PROPHET is the third installment in the spooky Graveyard Queen series. This time around, Amelia is back in Charleston and haunted by the ghost of a murdered police officer. He needs answers, and Amelia won't find any peace until he gets his way. The mystery was good, though the pacing dragged a bit in places.

The second book in this series, THE KINGDOM, was my absolute favorite, and THE PROPHET had a hard time measuring up. I'm kinda done with Amelia pining over John Devlin. He needs to go,
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
"Everyone loved the previous books except me and WhyAmIStillHere?!" BR with the gurls of the MacHalo Asylum

Tammie
3.5 stars. In The Prophet, Amelia is back in Charleston and supposedly trying to avoid Devlin. But it isn't long before she accidentally runs into him, sort of, and then she decides she wants to see him late one night, but chickens out and ends up hiding in the bushes at the last minute spying and eavesdropping on him, acting very much like a stalker. Why couldn't she simply call him up and ask him to come over? She ends up hiding and spying on quite a few people in this book. Despite this ...more
Alyson
Well, after three books, Amelia never did grow on me. Her voice is still stilted and over-dramatic, and she still occasionally falls into too-stupid-to-live. She's "powerful," but I still don't know why. Devlin is still completely cardboard, and completely lacking in the charm other reviewers seem to have found. The mystery here is allll over the place, with a zillion characters (some new ones, too, because there weren't enough before?), many which serve plainly as deus ex machina. Still ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I'm flip flopping between a 3 1/2 and a 4 star rating with this one.

Amelia got on my nerves with her whiny attitude when it came to Devlin and her childish ways of ducking behind bushes and the stalking kinda kills the mood.

The story seemed to go all over the place but if you read on to the last 80-90% things move fast and everything is revealed!

But...then the story ends too quickly and too easily with still too many questions left that will you pondering.

Book #4 can't come soon enough!
Sophia
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
A cemetery restorer who sees and is haunted by ghosts who happens to be in love with a brooding, haunted man. Yep, I just had to press forward with this series and continue with Amelia's chilling adventures with ghosts and romance.

The Prophet is book three in the Graveyard Queen series and these must be read in order as they all connect in one ongoing story.

After the harrowing adventure in Asher Falls and Devlin's cryptic message, Amelia is now back in Charleston and trying to recover. She is
Katter
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This third installment was not what I expected. The first two books were full of excitement, mystery, thrill, and wonder. I don't think 'The Prophet' lived up to the potential of the others. Amelia isn't really doing much of anything in this one. Instead of action and adventure, the reader is smothered with gobs of emotional turmoil.

Amelia is tied up in knots over Devlin and constantly worries about what he thinks of her. She wants to know where their relationship stands. Does he still like her?
Tara Chevrestt
I loved the first two books in The Graveyard Queen series. I think the second was my favorite though. The horror of Asher Falls... this one just can't compare to that.

They had to bring that whole Devlin, Robert, Mariama, and daughter thing back. I didn't like Devlin in book one and liked him even less this time. And Amelia Gray...why oh why, do you want a man, pine for him even, when he was just nuzzling some other woman's neck? What the hell is wrong with you, girl?

The entire novel was Amelia
Lorelle
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uf-keen-as
4.5
This is a toughy. The reason being I loved the creepiness and structure of the last 2 so much, I was expecting the same to continue so I considered rating down . You know what ? Stuff it. Im not going to penalise her for having amazing books preceeding. This is a book where some stuff is revealed, while leaving other questions unanswered. The mystery in this one was not as smooth. But...I couldnt put it down, it was a page turner and sped through it. A sign of a 5 star book.
Theresa
5 Stars... What an intense ride from start to finish... I was not sure which way this book was going to turn out; it certainly twisted me through a frightening mystery that had me second guessing the outcome on multiple occasions... Once again, Amanda Stevens provides a hauntingly descriptive dialogue that reaches out to captivate all one's senses evoking such strong emotional reactions... The layers to this story continue to unfold compelling me to want to ingest the next read in the series:)
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, favorite
I am back with a review for the third installment in the Graveyard Queen series and I have to say, I think I have an addiction problem. I can't seem to stop reading them. The only reason book four is on hold is because it got delayed in transit, which I guess is okay because I am totally lacking sleep.

The Prophet picked up on some of the events that occurred in the first book. The ghost of Robert Fremont is back and he wants Amelia to find his killer because he wants to move on. To make things
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
After loving the second book I was very much looking forward to reading this third book. I am sorry to say that I am quite disappointed with this installment. It isn’t a bad book but I got annoyed with certain aspects. But not enough to want to stop reading the series.

In this book Amelia returns back to Charleston and we even briefly return back to the graveyard Amelia started restoring in the first book. And of course Devlin comes back into this book. I noticed in the second book how I liked
Lauren
4.5 Stars

The Prophet is book #3 but it continues from where book #1, The Restorer, left off in terms of Amelia's relationship with Devlin and the issues surrounding the deaths of his wife and daughter.

Although Amelia is an engaging heroine, she has an annoying tendency toward TSTL behavior, particularly in this book. She constantly ignores her instincts and finds herself in precarious situations and the only explanation is that her actions are necessary for the story to progress as
Keri
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was 3.5 stars for me. I find this one a bit hard to review. I love the series overall and it has kept me engaged the entire time. I love ghost stories that have a touch of romance in them and this works in that regard. But it started to go off the rails about halfway through. I love Devlin’s character, but I didn’t love him for most of this book. The reasons were as readers we weren’t in his head enough to know what he was doing or why he was doing what he was doing. He also never explained ...more
Jennifer Hernandez
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I loved the first book, didn't really like the second book, but was hoping this one would be better. It wasn't. I didn't feel as invested in the characters and the plot as I did in the first one. I was hoping the second was just a fluke, but maybe the first one was. Devlin was back, but he isn't the same as the first book. Amelia is more whiny and says how she needs to follow her father's rules but then ignores them. She does this so much it makes me wonder why she even bothers bringing them up. ...more
Angie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
The last novel of The Graveyard Queen is very slow, too full of ghosts, and woo-woo. It's so irrational and flat that I didn't realise there was a story going on. Not enough action, too much talk or thinking. Though the previous books dealt too with paranormal, there's an abrupt change of tone here. It sound less serious. It was too surreal, and crazy at times, so I got confused and bored. I felt like Amanda Stevens didn't know where she was heading.
The relation between Amelia and Devlin is

• Once Returned
  • Portrait of Death: Uncovered
  • El aviso de los cuervos
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Caged (Blood Trails #6)
  • Caged Mate (Reaper's Pet, #1)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery #6)
  • Ghost Seer (Ghost Seer, #1)
  • Widow
  • My Wicked Enchantress
  • Her Vampire Bad Boy (Midnight Doms #5)
  • The Devil's Bride
  • Twilight Siege (The Fae Games, #2)
  • The Poet Prince (Magdalene Line Trilogy, #3)
  • Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Król lew
Amanda Stevens is the award-winning author of over fifty novels, including the modern gothic series, The Graveyard Queen. Her books have been described as eerie and atmospheric, “a new take on the classic ghost story.” Born and raised in the rural south, she now resides in Houston, Texas, where she enjoys binge-watching, bike riding and the occasional Horror Night with friends.

The Graveyard Queen

Graveyard Queen (6 books)
  • The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1)
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)
  • The Visitor (Graveyard Queen, #4)
  • The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5)
  • The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6)
“The mind has the ability to influence the body on a subconscious level.” 2 likes