Start by marking “All's Fair (A McKnight Romance, 1.5)” as Want to Read:
All's Fair (A McKnight Romance, 1.5)

All's Fair

(McKnight Romance #1.5)

Sol McKnight has trouble letting go of his ex-wife. If that means he has to torpedo her love life, then so be it. After all . . . All's fair in love and war.

NOTE: This is a prequel to the upcoming McKnight Romance, A Dark and Stormy Knight.
Nook, Smashwords, 35 pages
Published October 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about All's Fair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All's Fair

Riverina Romantics
WHAT. THE. HELL!!!

It just ended!! I should have read the blurb instead of getting in a lustful haze over the cover and diving straight into the book. It is only a prequel!

It was good. I actually really enjoyed it. Sol was funny and smokin hot. Anyone that can ride a bull is mighty fine in my books and definitely worth drooling over....but then it just ended. I'm starting to have heart palpitations and get all mushy, eagerly anticipating a hea...then is farking ends!!!

Damn you Suzie Quint with y
Sophia
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sol McKnight is a bull-rider and tough as it comes, but he still wants the woman he has loved since highschool and who divorced him. Georgia still loves Sol, but she can't handle the bull riding so she can't let him charm his way back into her life.

All's Fair is a short-novella setting things up for Sol and Georgia's story later in the series. I enjoyed meeting them and their daughter and getting a feel for the story.
willaful
This short story isn't a complete romance with a beginning, middle and happy ending (view spoiler), but more of a glimpse at one small piece of a couple's relationship. For such a short story, I thought it portrayed the complicated feelings people have for their ex's pretty well, and there was some nice steam.
Wendy
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've fallen in love with these sexy McKnight brothers!
Kristin
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
"What?! That's it?!" That is pretty much how I felt when this book ended. I will admit that I read the second book in the storyline before reading this little snippet of Sol's. Even so, I still enjoyed Sol's quirkiness and his softer side since you don't really see too much of it in "Knight of Hearts".

The story starts out with Sol taking his daughter Eden to a carnival which just so happens to be the place that his ex-wife is currently on a date. Once he "bumps into" Georgia and her date he talk
Pete
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to stop laughing to type this.

The story was short but funny and resonated with me, a horse guy. Obviously Suzie has either read a lot of rodeo stories or has attended a bunch, because she has all of the fun lingo associated with the sport.

The best was, "He's more fun on the road than a horse trailer full of buckle bunnies." In case you don't know, buckle bunnies are female rodeo groupies.
I might stop laughing enough to go get some more of her books for sure.
Michele
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quickie Review:

My introduction into Suzie Quint's writing was a really good one. All's Fair was a short story--a prequel, actually--into Sol & Georgia's complicated relationship. But it was filled with some nice genuine emotions, a steamy love scene, and even a hilarious conversation that had me laughing out loud. I'll definitely be checking out the other books in this series now.
Jae
I guess this must be a short introduction to what would be going on in book #2. Not much to absorb, other that the hot and heavy sex scene. I hope in book #2 Sol will come out more of a dignified and caring man. Because his sneaky behaviour towards his ex-wife (and the mother of his child) in this book was downright childish.
Nikki
4 stars.

Hot and steamy excerpt of Sol and Georgia's dysfunctional "relationship" (view spoiler). Need more McKnight magic.
Rose
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-edition
Parts/Quotes of the book I liked...they just help me remember what I read. (view spoiler) ...more
Cindi
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm kicking myself for not remembering I had this on my Kindle. It took seeing a comment by the author about something else to remind me. Oops! Otherwise I would have read it awhile back.

Great intro for what I hope will be a full-length book about Sol and Georgia. Sol was introduced in A Knight In Cowboy Boots, which I loved. He seemed so serious in that book so it was very refreshing to see his sense of humor in this short story. One scene at the carnival had me laughing out loud. Georgia (the
Cathy
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
This novella was free for Kindle.
I laughed out loud at this novella. Some very, very funny bits in here.
Sol McKnight and his ex-wife, Georgia, share a daughter, Eden. Sol is still in love with Georgia so is naturally upset whenever she dates. He pumps Eden for information but restrains himself from calling these men unflattering names.
When Eden passes up a carnival trip with Mom and her date, Mike, to be with Sol he sees it as an opportunity to size up the competition - so off he and Eden go to
Caro
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I loved reading this book. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I liked the humor, the emotions, and the back and forth bantering between the family. I loved the characters too and am looking forward to reading more in this series. I got to the end and was: no no no no no. It's not supposed to end like that. I was totally left hanging. We're supposed to get our HEAs. Sooo not cool! But of course, I still want to read more. I loved the way this was written and the fun of it made ...more
Ashley Willis
All’s Fair is a fun Novella about a divorced couple (Sol and Georgia) who, despite their fighting, still harbor a spark for one another. Thank god for that because it leads to a very steamy love scene. If you like hot cowboys, especially adrenaline seeking bull riders, you’ll love Sol. He’s a bit of an alpha, but his love for his ex-wife makes him an endearing alpha. Without giving away any spoilers, the way Sol goes about bedding Georgia is hysterical. I’d recommend this book for a quick evenin ...more
Talina Collier
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. But boy, was I ever wrong!! I loved the entire story. I love how Sol ran the guy his ex-wife was seeing, off. Haha! That was funny, the story about her being a man, George! Then I was taken in by the accident and Georgia taking care of him. The passionate, hot and steamy sex scene that played out in my head as I read the passionate, hot and steamy love making they shared. Woa! Very intense and very erotic! Loved reading this book. I look forward to ...more
Robin
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebies
To be honest, I expected this to be a cheesy romance, especially because I got it free on Amazon, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was cute, and funny, well-written. I enjoyed the way the characters played off each other and I wanted to know more about them. It's a short little story, but it left me curious to read more of the characters and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes romance novels.
Siobhan Muir
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, quick read that I really enjoyed. Ms. Quint has a great writing style and characters you can believe in, as well as identify with. This is the prequel to Sol's and Georgia's get-back-together book (which i hope is coming soon) and the author leaves us with hope for these two at the end of this short story. I highly recommend this whole series, and I'm eagerly awaiting more about the whole McKnight clan. :)
Lydia Tillotson
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is is pretty cool but there is some parts that get a little weird but other then that it is amazing!! This book is about a cowboy who gets hurt from riding a bull that trampled him and then he had to go live with his ex wife then yeah I am not going in to details with the next part but after that he goes back to riding bulls again!!!!!
SweetSweeede
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short story. It felt like a whole novel as the plot was well thought out, the characters were well-rounded, and it tied up nicely with an open ending that fitted well with the story as a whole.
Linda
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-to-read
A quick, fun read with a real Alpha, who doesnt want to give up on his ex, and how he deals with a new date for her.
Cant wait for their own book in the series, and Ill def. start with the first one asap.
Smutty fluff and cowboys. I just wish it was longer =)
SheLove2Read
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This is a very HOT short story....a glimpse into the lives of Georgia and Sol, who are divorced but obviously still care for one another. Because of the length I don't want to give away anything, but I definitely recommend it. The ending is open but left me dying to read more about these two.
Jill
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this short "pre-quel" and am looking forward to the rest of the story. The characters are likeable and it has what every good romance should--a great love scene. I like that these two obviously still care about each other even thought they are divorced.
Christine
Enjoyed this short intro to Sol and Georgia.
Looking forward to reading their story when it comes out.
Really enjoyed Sol's story to Georgia's date at the carnival.
Tonya Boutwell Hauser
This was a cute quick read. Sol messing with his ex wife's date. It was too funny. Georgia and Sol still love each other but she doesn't want the rodeo life anymore.
Julie
A free book.
I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Hoping to hear more of Sol and Georgia.
Amy
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this I didn't realize it was a prequel or a short story, so it definitely left me wanting more. I will have to find the other books in the series.
Victoria
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Beenee Reads
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, erotica, western
Okay, cute and funny! The things Sol says to get rid of Mike are hilarious and the scenes with his ex are funny and sweet at the same time. Hopefully there are more out there!
Beckey
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sol has a problem letting go his ex-wife & that means all a fair game when he ruins her image to her date...

Very interesting and had me wanting to find more from this author...
Heather Wildman
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a tease! LOL Great intro to a longer story. I'll have to check out the story this is a prequel to. Yummy scenes with great emotion building.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Identical editions 2 151 Jul 04, 2013 10:20PM

• Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Lipstick and Leather (Rough and Ready, #7)
  • Hunger Revealed (Vampire Hunger, #1.5)
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • The Pink Rose: Secrets, Love and Betrayal (The Wilsons, #1)
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs Book 2)
  • Colby's Child
  • Struck by Thunder (The Grandmaster's Legacy, #1)
  • Forgotten Father
  • Change of Heart
  • The Lawman (Willow Creek #1)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Casey's Night In (The Mirage Agency, #1.5)
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder (Second Chances, #4)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
Suzie Quint has always been fascinated with the human psyche, so she can imagine no better way to explore the human condition than through the characters she writes. Finding the happy ending for the people who inhabit her worlds is the best job anyone could have. Getting to share them with others… It doesn't get any better than that.

McKnight Romance (4 books)
  • A Knight in Cowboy Boots (McKnight, #1)
  • Knight of Hearts (A McKnight Romance, #2)
  • A Dark & Stormy Knight (A McKnight Romance, #3)
“Calling Sol stubborn was like calling an outhouse aromatic.” 0 likes