Start by marking “ODD?” as Want to Read:
ODD?

ODD?

ODD?, a new anthology series devoted to eclectic fiction, usually with a fantastical, horrific, magic realist, or surrealist approach. You might also call it strange or even weird. But as the subtitle of “Is it odd or are you too normal?” suggests, “odd” is a truly subjective evaluation. One person’s “what the heck?!” is another person’s “eh—saw that yesterday.”

Each volume
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about ODD?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ODD?

Andy
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding anthology from Ann & Jeff VanderMeer with something ODD? for everyone: stories by authors you're probably familiar with (Jeffrey Ford, Nalo Hopkinson, Caitlin R. Kiernan) and other stories from writers you may not know, such as Gustave Le Rouge's "The War of the Vampires" (1909), Eric Basso's "Logues" (1977) and Karl Hans Strobel's "The Head" (1906).

I enjoyed them all, but the two home-run stories for me are "The Volatilized Ceiling of Baron Munodi" by Rikki Ducornet and
Gevera Bert
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointing.
Snowynight
A decent selection of stories. Some are better than others.
Cale
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The subtitle of this collection is "Is it odd or are you too normal?" I have to answer that I'm too normal. This is a collection of 20 short stories coming from a wide range of sources (many are translations, some are from the early 20th century) that have nothing in common except a general inaccessibility. I like weird fiction, but I need at least a small piece of normality to get my hook in, and most of these stories denied me that. It's a strange experience reading through a 5-10 page story a ...more
Peter
A mix of horror, fantasy, new weird, classic weird tales and other 'weird' fiction collected by the Vandermeers.

While I liked some of the stories, the bundle felt a bit uneven. The start was a bit rough. Amos Tutuola's writing style read like a storyteller was telling it to me, too bad it also sounded made up on the spot without any direction.
The excerpt from Gustave Le Rouge's The War of the Vampires was exactly that: an excerpt.
After that it started to get better. Some standouts for me: Jeffre
Katia M. Davis
Certainly odd. I had to push myself to read some of these as they seem to be words for words sake. A little like a painting critics go wild over but to you looks like someone dumped a bucket of paint on a canvas and let their dog roll in it. I did enjoy Slow Cold Chick, The Aunts, The Fork, and Unmaking. my stars are for these. Everything else made me feel.. meh.
Frank Vasquez
Sep 28, 2015
Ciaran
Apr 19, 2016
Ed Bosworth
rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2014
Ama
Dec 08, 2014
Haralambi Markov
Feb 28, 2013
Ann VanderMeer is an American publisher and editor, and the second female editor of the horror magazine Weird Tales. She is the founder of Buzzcity Press.

Her work as Fiction Editor of Weird Tales won a Hugo Award. Work from her press and related periodicals has won the British Fantasy Award, the International Rhysling Award, and appeared in several year's best anthologies. Ann was also the founder