Start by marking “Invisible Inkling: Dangerous Pumpkins” as Want to Read:
Invisible Inkling: Dangerous Pumpkins

Invisible Inkling: Dangerous Pumpkins

(Invisible Inkling #2)

It’s Halloween in Emily Jenkins’s Dangerous Pumpkins, the second title in the chapter-book series about a Brooklyn fourth grader and his invisible furry pal.

Hank Wolowitz hates Halloween. Every year his older sister, Nadia, scares him half to death. But Hank’s invisible bandapat, Inkling, loves Halloween. Pumpkins are his favorite food. Hank has serious trouble stopping In
Published July 24th 2012 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Inkling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Inkling

yvonnelesenundso
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein wunderschönes Kinderbuch zum Vorlesen an Halloween. Die Geschichte ist witzig aber zugleich auch herzerwärmend.
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
This is a fun Halloween read. Hank has an invisible, very real, friend (Invisible Inkling) who is alway sgetting him into troubles because of his deep love for pumpkins. Because no one else can see Inkling, Hank often gets into easily misunderstood situations as he cleans up after Inkling's messes. Readers will laugh at Hank's predicaments even as they are able to relate to him with regards to how he's treated by others, his relationship issues with family and friends, and dealing with it all.

Ha
Cathy
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hank is just your normal 4th grader, but Hank hates Halloween. Every year, when his parents pick the Halloween ice cream flavor for their ice cream shop, they never listen to Hank's ideas, but they always listen to his 16 year-old sister Nadia's. And they always make him go trick-or-treating with Nadia. The last couple of years Nadia and her friends have scared Hank and then taken all of his candy. This is why Hank hates Halloween. He's hoping that this year will be different though, last year h ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
This a fun Halloween read following the misadventures of 4th grader of Henry Wolowitz, and his pumpkin eating invisible Inkling. Unfortunately for Henry, his invisible pet has discovered how delicious pumpkins are, and this not only spells trouble for Henry, it gets him into a situation or two that only his Inkling can get him out of. I think this a Halloween read readers in second grade and up will enjoy. They'll laugh along with the different situations Henry finds himself in, how he gets out ...more
Mymcbooks
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Review: Invisible Inkling Dangerous pumpkins is a story revolving around Hank and his invisible pet bandipat the Inkling who loves to eat pumpkins. Hank must try to prevent Inkling from eating the neighborhood’s Jack- O’-Lanterns.

Hank is also not a fan of Halloween because of his sister Nadia's yearly scare. To him Halloween brings out the evil in her. She and her friends like to scare him and he didn’t find it funny at all. Hank is planning his revenge on Nadia while Inkling is taking action
Marika
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing

It's Halloween and Inkling (the invisible bandapat) is overwhelmed. Pumpkins, his favorite squash of all, are appearing everywhere- including some on the kitchen table. Unfortunately, these pumpkins belong to other people (including Hank's older sister Nadia) and as Hank learns, it's as difficult to keep Inkling from eating pumpkins as it is to get his dad to make one of his specialty icecream flavors. With no one to trick-or-treat with, no Loose Tooth icecream, and a crazed bandapat- not to men
Miss Ryoko
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I was pretty excited to find out there were more Inkling books because I enjoyed the first one. And I was particularly excited about this one because it had to do with Halloween, my favorite time of the year! But, I think I liked the first one better.

Once again, I really enjoyed Hank as a character. Emily Jenkins has done a great job at creating a really strong voice for this character, and it's definitely my favorite part of the story! There were some good life lessons in this book, and I have
April
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Friends, I have Halloween fever. Seriously, every time I go to the store I want to buy all of the holiday things. I also want to read all of the Halloween books and review them. Lucky for me, some are super short, super fun and fit perfectly into my schedule. Invisible Inkling: Dangerous Pumpkins by Emily Jenkins (dear readers, you may know her better as E.Lockhart) was an adorable Halloween read, that while not exactly scary by any means, was totally heartwarming.
Read the rest of my review here
Heather
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another excellent offering in the Invisible Inkling chapter book series about Hank Wolowitz and his invisible (not imaginary!) bandipat friend. Once again, Hank is a sympathetic character who is beset by woes, such as how to keep Inkling from devouring his favorite food (pumpkins!) during the Halloween season, how to keep his older sister from scaring him, and how to convince his father to feature one of Hank's special seasonal flavors at the family ice cream shop. As usual, Inkling has a plan a ...more
Jennifer Heise
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it
The Invisible Bandapat is a reasonable, addition to the usual 4th-5th grade lighthearted family issues story. Like many other tween/young teen books it starts out with a 9-12 year old with a humorous problem that he can't share with his family and friends, and hijinks ensue. Nothing much outside the formula, but not entirely predictable.
Gillian
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
we are longtime Emily Jenkins fans but somehow missed this new series (and then we actually started with this one which is book 2, oops). HIGHLY recommeded - a very fun read for me and my 7yo with a lot of depth too. It inspired us to revive our 2-person book club after having been on hiatus a while. cant wait to surprise her with #1!
Lauren Soucy
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a great realistic fiction book. I think many readers will identify with Hank. The only problem is the invisible bandapat. It was really hard for me to get past it as a real thing, not an imaginary friend. But I think students will think it's funny and be more accepting of that part of the story.
Connor Doyle
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny
This book was about a boy with an invisible bandapat as a friend named inkling. It was good because it funny and kind of weird. The best part of the book was the end, because it had a good ending. This the sequel to Invisible Inkling.
The Styling Librarian
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Really cute follow up to Invisible Inkling, could be a stand alone as well. Great introduction into other Emily Jenkins books. Nice that it is from the boy's point of view.
Kaethe Douglas
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Went on an Emily Jenkins binge

Library copy
Jane
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Boy laughed out loud while we read this.
The Brothers
Asher (8yo) read.
Liam Noel
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
i thought that this book was pretty funny and interesting. I really liked the idea of putting an invisible bandapat in this book. That is because it really gives a lot of funny moments in this book.
Carterkempgmail.Com
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a cute chapter book for at level third graders, good fo rthose readers who enjoyed the first in the series.
Betsy
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Very clever story about a boy, Hank, and his invisible bandapat, Inkling. It is almost Halloween and Hank does not like Halloween.
Gwen
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I liked it because it was funny when Inkling smashed the pumpkin. I like how Inkling and Hank are friends.
Rosanna Lang
Oct 10, 2016
Kerrie Juras
Sep 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Emily Jenkins is the author of many books for children, including the recent picture books Tiger and Badger, illustrated by Marie-Louise Gay, and Princessland, illustrated by Yoko Tanaka. Her chapter books include the Toys series, illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky; she is co-author of the Upside-down Magic series. Emily Jenkins lives in New York City.

Invisible Inkling (3 books)
  • Invisible Inkling