Start by marking “Ho il tuo numero” as Want to Read:
Ho il tuo numero

Ho il tuo numero

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  171,730 ratings  ·  11,588 reviews
Cosa accade se ti scippano il telefonino e tutta la tua vita è lì dentro? Ti senti persa, naturalmente. È quello che capita a Poppy, una scombinata fisioterapista prossima alle nozze con un affascinante docente universitario. Proprio quando il telefono le serve per una faccenda a dir poco urgente! Perché tra le altre cose, nel bel mezzo di una festa con le amiche ha appena ...more
Published October 31st 2011 by Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about Ho il tuo numero, please sign up.
Anagha Gore You need to stop what you are doing and begin reading it right this instant. I am not into light-reads and am /incredibly/ choosy when it comes to…moreYou need to stop what you are doing and begin reading it right this instant. I am not into light-reads and am /incredibly/ choosy when it comes to picking books. I /just/ read it. As in /just/ and I came to add it to my 'books read' list and saw your question and girl, do I recommend it. Go ahead. You definitely won't regret it.(less)
Heather
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  171,730 ratings  ·  11,588 reviews

Zoë
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read this book in one sitting because Sophie Kinsella is a hilarious and engaging author! This is my favorite book by her, including the Confession of a Shopaholic books (I know, it's a high honor). I loved the ending and how it's not a typical fairytale riding-off-into-the-sunset-and-then-they-live-happily-ever-after-and-have-twenty-kids-who-grow-up-to-be-super-attractive-blah-blah-blah ending, but you can create your own idea of what happens after the last page. SUPER cute and obviously ...more
Maggie
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Overidentifying with a Sophie Kinsella character is often a sign that you're on the verge of:

a. a nervous breakdown
b. being arrested for fraud
c. Finnish Finnish Finnish
d. all of the above

Well, Finnish Finnish Finnish because I loved I've Got Your Number and totally related to the main character, Poppy. I mean, who isn't absolutely, life-on-the-line dependent on their cell phone? Who doesn't think the Lion King was the greatest musical?! And who hasn't pretended they were an answering machine whe
mrsj
AWESOME BOOK!!!!!
The text messages inspired me.. so.. here I am, trying a little text faces to express how I feel. :)

When i just started reading it, I was like this ------> :-O

>> OMG!!!! She is so like me in panic mode.
I totally connect with Poppy Wyatt!!
She lost her ring!! The Ring!!!! Her boyfriend's family heirloom.
They are getting married soon and she has to meet her in laws sans the ring!!
The horror!!!!!
What to do??
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Then as I read on.. i found myself doing this whe
Megs ♥

I received this book from the Goodreads "First-Reads" giveaway, and this was my first giveaway won. I was so excited to see that I'd won Sophie Kinsella's new book. This book is going to be released on Valentines Day.

As soon as I started this book I couldn't put it down. I had the afternoon off so I just sat here and read it cover to cover. It was such a fun read. I feel like Sophie is amazing at writing characters that are just so darn loveable, you can't help but root for them. Poppy is a prim
Cait • A Page with a View
I've found that books with adult characters tend to revolve around how DEPRESSING the real world is (ex: failed marriages & careers, bratty children, everyone's dying, etc). I realize that's part of reality, but I still want something... happy? An escape? So that's where Sophie Kinsella's books are perfect. They're not super deep, but they are FUN.

(^^^ sorrynotsorry if that song's in your head now)

Poppy loses her heirloom engagement ring and cell phone at a hotel and ends up finding a discar
Laurel
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit, humor

Okay, bear with me here. I listened to I've Got Your Number on audio immediately after finishing Stephen King's On Writing. In that book, King warns against relying too much on adverbs:

"I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs, and I will shout it from the rooftops. To put it another way, they're like dandelions. If you have one on your lawn, it looks pretty and unique. If you fail to root it out, however, you find five the next day ... fifty the day after that ...and then, my brothers a
Exina
There are moments in life that the white-chocolate Magnum ice cream was invented for, and this is one of them.

How wonderful it is when two people meet and get to know each other! The beginning, the development of a relationship, is always exciting and glamorous.

Sophie Kinsella creates very special and genuine circumstances for this romance:

- an unbelievable situation,
- a hasty engagement,
- a nosy and very vacillating fiancée,
- a very, very unstable fiancé,
- an attractive businessman who is
Lilyan
Just what I needed as a break from my WOT Re-read.

Lilyan's reactions as the book progressed:

First there was a lot of:

Then, as we got to know Poppy, I thought, "Oh No! Not another brainless klutz!".

Why do female authors think ditsy females are cute? They're not!

To add to the idiocy, she has no spine. *sigh*.

But then, enter Sam:

Sam's and Poppy's interactions:

Finally, when Poppy starts pulling her shit together:

There was a relapse towards the end when she reverted back to being a dumb ass, but le
Dija
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of SEP, romance, and humor.
Recommended to Dija by: Catie
Lately, only two types of books have been appealing to me: completely epic ones or completely silly ones. I've Got Your Number most definitely falls under the second category. IGYN is funny, sweet, inspirational, romantic, enjoyable, and plain fun.

Poppy Wyatt loses her priceless engagement ring mere weeks before her wedding, and her cell phone soon thereafter. While searching for the former, she comes across a phone thrown in the trash can. Justifying her actions through the timeless "Finders k
Pang
I've lost it. :(

Once upon a time, a clumsy lady Poppy Wyatt comes through the page. She complains to herself which sound like complaining to everyone in the world that she lost her engagement ring! The ring of her fiancé’s family! And his parents are coming in the same day! Oops. and WHAT THE HECK She lost her phone, too!!! How is that possible?

Stay positive!! :)

description

Then, this poor lady Poppy Wyatt found a phone in a bin Awww… “If it’s in the bin, it’s public puberty!” So Poppy take the phone out an
Mimi Smith
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

I’ve thought about it and have come to the conclusion there is just no logical reason why I love these books. The plot and the situations are often ridiculous and unbelievable, full of crazy coincidences and misunderstandings, the heroines tragically scattered and lost in every way, yet I still love them. Want to know why?

Because they’re bloody funny. I can never stop laughing while reading Sophie Kinsella books. And I’ve Got Your Number didn’t disappoint.

At the beginning of the book, ou
Michelle
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning, “I’ve Got Your Number” seems a little silly. But as I kept on reading, the more I realized what a really clever, funny, and witty book this is. The entertaining domino effect of the loss of an engagement ring makes for an enjoyable romp.

This novel reminds me of Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn’s “Bringing Up Baby”, but instead of a lost baby leopard bringing the two protagonists together, it’s a lost phone. As in the classic film, the lead female is an adorable bundle of neurot
Trina (Between Chapters)
This was utterly ridiculous. I'm not saying these scenarios could never happen, but I am saying that I didn't have to just suspend my disbelief - I had to launch it into outer space.

But I could not put it down.
Emer

Welcome to chick-lit 101 with all important footnotes!

Rule 1.
Our leading lady with a heart of gold is invariably marrying the wrong guy (1). He doesn't truly love her, treat her right etc etc etc....

Rule 2.
There must be a meet-cute to set hearts all a flutter (2)

Rule 3.
New boy understands girl like no one else before (3)

Rule 4.
There is A LOT of flirtation without either party realising they're flirting. They think they're just getting to know a new "friend". Texting is a GREAT medium for t
Catie
3 1/2 stars

Basic elements of a Sophie Kinsella novel:

a) A daffy, non-confrontational girl who will do anything and everything (including carry out highly imaginative hare-brained schemes) to avoid her problems, and always has the best intentions at heart, even as she’s making colossal mistakes.

b) A love interest who’s a bit too structured and straight-laced, is highly placed in some sort of business setting, and who finds the main character’s hijinks to be adorable.

c) The boyfriend of the main c
Nicole
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun! Highly recommend the audiobook. Sophie Kinsella's novels are so humorous, rare are the books that can make me laugh!
Lindsey
Jun 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-goal-of-15
i am not normally the type to leave a review, but i must express how much i disliked this book. I was trying to give chick-lit a second chance after it left a bad taste in my mouth 6 or 7 years ago- but this book is just RIDICULOUS. as i see the other reviews i realize i stand alone in my opinion, but i stand by it nonetheless.
The main character lies, cheats, steals, and deceives throughout the entire book. There is not once 'scene' where she was an honest woman with integrity and grace. She kep
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
2.5 STARS

This book did not need to be longer than 200 pages. "I've Got Your Number" has one of those plots that would be more entertaining as a movie. The first half was witty and cute & I enjoyed a great deal. It's the last 40% that bored the shit out of me. Not to mention WAY TOO MANY unnecessary secondary characters. I still might read some of Kinsella's other books.
♡Karlyn P♡

I almost feel guilty for saying this, but I loved this book! It contained so much of what I normally don't like to read: a chick lit novel, situations that are just crazy over-the-top and farcical, and a sweetly clean romance story suitable for the most prudish reader. (Which I am not!)

Truth is I laughed through most of the story, and I found the evolving relationship and romance with Sam just endearing. It was a slow-burn, get to know you, then friends-to-lovers type story. I only wish we got
Rachel Maniacup
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All young/new adults
Recommended to Rachel by: Pang
This is my first novel of Sophie Kinsella,and I still don't know what to expect of this..but I was inspired by one of my closest friends here on GR who have read and loved this book so much.So I took this as an opportunity to read and dedicate this novel to her as she celebrates her birthday today..so,to you PANG,
HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My Review:
This is a story of Poppy Wyatt,a Physiotherapist,young quirky woman who is engaged to her boyfriend of 2 months(yes,and they're already getting married?!
Anabel (inthebookcorner)
Okay that was cute! wish there was a sequel or something!
Vina
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: normal
What a beautiful story!!! So real and funny and super cute!!! Sophie Kinsella did it again, this story is so her. Poppy is a sweetheart, so kind, funny and brilliant. Sam is a perfect workaholic hottie.
Have you ever shared your phone with someone.... ... Try it once ;)
emma
3.35/5

definitely a fun read! i wasn't in absolute love with the characters and there was a LOT of everything-goes-wrong (a bit too much for me--made me anxious!). it was a bit slow to start, but all was cute in the end and that's what matters! thanks to all of you who recommended it!
Heather
This has got to be hands down my favorite Sophie Kinsella novel. I got an audiobook of it from my local library and listened to the whole thing within a week. It was a fun, chick lit read that have me laughing out loud at times. Dear Poppy, I love you.
Shaikha
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, this book is ADORBS! 👼🏻

What if you lost your engagement ring AND your phone and you were completely desperate? What if you found an abandoned phone in a bin? Would you take it? Would you think, it's mine now, finders keepers? Would you read all the messages on it? Would you mind your own business, or would you find yourself maybe... interfering?

I've Got Your Number is about a girl called Poppy, who finds a phone belonging to a total stranger called Sam, and from that moment becomes embroile
K
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 3 1/2 Finders Keepers Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

“All I can say is, she's the one I think about. All the time. She's the voice I want to hear. She's the face I hope to see. - Sam Roxton”

This was the cute story Poppy and Sam "meeting" by chance. Brought together under less than ideal circumstances, yet forging a connection through all of it.

Sophie Kinsella did a fantastic job of taking a crazy unbelievable storyline and making it totally lovable and hilarious! This story had it all:

* an unli
Merphy Napier
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Protagonist was frustrating. So I get why so many people don't like this. But I LOVED it.

This was such a fun, packed, and adorable story and I already want to reread it. The ending was a little to cheesy for me but I rarely rate a romantic contemporary this high so this was a huge win for me! Loved this story.
Dana
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love. Literally. This book was sooooooooo good. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it. After the ending I just can't stop smiling. It's too cute. My new favorite, definitely ;)
Wendy Darling
The first half with the fiancé was so painfully silly to me that I almost DNFed, but the second half was terrific! The industrial spy stuff was plausible, we get to know Poppy better, and the relationship and texting was super cute.

First Kinsella, but it won't be my last.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Very cute! Love me some good footnotes.
any books like this? 23 1134 22 hours, 58 min ago
"I've Got Your Number" ... anyone started/finished? 120 948 Sep 24, 2018 01:22AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella - Starting February 4th 2017 44 71 Feb 11, 2017 02:56PM
Forgotten Reads: May: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella 3 17 Jul 21, 2016 07:52AM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • Who's That Girl?
  • Unsticky
  • Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas, #5)
  • The Dating Detox
  • Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe?
  • Baby Be Mine (Johnny Be Good, #2)
  • Playing James
  • Maybe This Time
  • Too Good To Be True
  • The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1)
  • Nadia Knows Best
  • Swept off Her Feet
  • From Notting Hill with Love... Actually (Actually, #1)
  • Girl on the Run
  • 20 Times a Lady
  • Swimming Pool Sunday
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin
“Lover? I don't know. I don't know if she loves me. I don't know if I love her. All I can say is, she's the one I think about. All the time. She's the voice I want to hear. She's the face I hope to see.” 497 likes
“We're playing Scrabble. It's a nightmare."

"Scrabble?" He sounds surprised. "Scrabble's great."

"Not when you're playing with a family of geniuses, it's not. They all put words like 'iridiums'. And I put 'pig'.”
333 likes