Start by marking “Winter's Storm: Retribution (Winter's Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Winter's Storm: Retribution (Winter's Saga, #2)

Winter's Storm: Retribution

(Winter's Saga #2)

Born into evil.
Raised for violence.
Searching for truth.

~~~~

In the second book of Winter’s Saga we meet Creed Young. He’s a metahuman, like Meg, Alik and Evan Winter, but unlike the Winter children, Creed wasn’t rescued by a goodhearted doctor from the experiments and traumas at the hands of the evil Dr. Williams. No, Creed wasn’t that lucky. Instead, he was raised along wi
Published November 25th 2011 by Karen Luellen (first published November 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Storm

This book started out quite confusing, as we were introduced to a new character, with no idea how he fit into the rest of the story. The book then continued to be fairly confusing and boring, and although it improved a bit during the second half, I still didn’t really enjoy it. We were also then left with a bit of a cliff-hanger.

5 out of 10
Abbie
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Actual rating - 2.5

The characters were alright in book one, but in this installment they started to really annoy me.

This bored me quite quickly unfortunately, and I was pretty glad when I got to the end.
Franz McLaren
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Many new authors have penned a great first book and then never matched that level again. A few authors have managed to write a second book that matched their first. Fewer still have written a second book that exceeds the first. Karen Luellen is one of these. I was instantly intrigued by her first book "Winter's Awakening". Using snappy dialogue, she brought her characters to life. By the end of her tale, I felt that I knew 15 year old Meg and had seen the world through her eyes. Meg was the star ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Author
Shelves: reviewed
This story begins not to far from where we left off in the first book. Again I was sucked into this story from the first page. We are introduced to a new character, Creed, who is connected to someone from the first book who had an encounter with Meg.

Although he’s new, I sympathized with him from the beginning and rooted for him throughout almost feeling like I was betraying Cole in a way. You’ll just have to read the story to understand why.

The story didn’t follow any predictable patterns for t
amber
Mar 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-kindle-book
3 stars. Same issues with editing that the first story had...wrong word used, typos, tense changes...but the story was a bit stronger and *slightly* less predictable this time. Enough to make me pay up for the third book, as I'm truly curious about where the characters go from here. I believe this author shows promise, but would love to see a better editor as well as more dimension to the characters and less stilted dialogue. Oh, and the random God references are either too prevalent, or not pre ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 2.65

This was an okay read. The story was dull at parts and I thought the writing style lacked. The book was slow-paced, but it got better near the end. However, the characters are a bit annoying in this book than in the previous book. I want to see where the series goes from here, so I will continue it. I am, however, glad I made it through this book. Overall, a decent read.
Gary
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, kindle, own
Winter’s Storm: Retribution (Winter’s Saga 2) is just as good as the first one. A fair amount of this story deals with a new character Creed Young. With the focus on Creed it doesn’t hurt the story as much as you think. It works because for the majority of the book the Winters’ are reacting to their new reality. And those life changes events just keep coming throughout this novel.

I wanted to hate Creed Young, as a new character and for his purpose. I couldn’t even when he was being puppeteered b
Elise Marion
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was better than the first! My favorite thing about this book is that we get to learn more about the other characters that were sort of secondary in the first book. In Winter's Awakening, Meg is the main character, and we view most of what is happening through her eyes. In Winters' Storm, we get to know Alik and Evan more, and are introduced to Creed.
I loved that we got to see these character's grow, and that we get to see Alik and Evan as more than just Meg's goofy little brothers who
Sara
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
The second book was better than the first! This is quickly becoming a series I will be a loyal supporter of! I loved in this book how we were able to get more glimpses into the minds of so many other characters. At first, I wasn't sure I liked the idea of Creed as an additional person to read about. I thought he might distract from the original characters of Meg, Alik and Evan, but he didn't. I ended up loving him and truly feeling happy for him in the end. I secretly love the idea of him and Me ...more
Karen
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-win
This book was way better than the first book at the series,I am so glad I decided to read this!
If you read the first book of the series and wasn't so sure you want to continue the series, you have nothing to be unsure of, this book is amazing!

Creed is one of the Metahumans in Dr Williams compound and also is the one chosen to kill the "stealer" and take the gifted Metahumans back after his brother failed,but what will happen if he falls in love with one of them?

Well,I loved Creed's character,he
Dianne
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Winter family is hiding out while Margo recovers from her injuries at the hands of the evil Dr. Williams, the scientist responsible for the Metahumans' development. Metahuman Creed Young is sent to terminate Margo and kidnap the Metahuman Winter children. Creed's resolve is tested, as are his allegiances as he sees the loving interaction the family and their friends have when Meg's life is on the line. Will he remain a threat to the family? Will he help them? Can they trust him?

Once again, K
Cat
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Holy cow I love this book (and series)!

This book is told from different POVs, either Meg in first person or in third person with a focus on Creed and various evil do-ers. I really enjoyed the progress in plot for this story and that you get to see different sides of the story. You also get a nice healthy dose of all the Winters and their close family friends. I did really like all the family moments, since, like Creed, I haven't experienced many of them myself.

Bit of romance, doctor-y stuff, and
Wendy
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
A great continuation of the Winter family saga. I would have to say that I enjoyed this one as much, if not a little more, than the first in the series. The plot is smooth and the characters are likable. I am glad that we got to know the other characters in the book besides Meg and the introduction of Creed was a great addition to the story.

Still a couple problems with the editing that takes away from the reading of the story. Wrong usage of homonyms, awkward switch of POV and one very obvious
Amanda Gill
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book as much as the first one, but it is so poorly edited that I couldn't even finish the book. Wrong word choices (whole instead of hole...how do you punch a whole in someone's neck?), changing verb tenses mid-sentence, incorrect pronouns, and so many other silly mistakes made the book nearly unreadable for me. I think that's sad because the story concept is excellent! I like the characters and their adventures. I want to know what's going to happen to them. Unfortunately, ...more
Nereid
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-family
Is blood thicker than water or just some DNA to be overcome? For some one like Creed who has never known the love of a family, the Winter's were to be feared and envied. Megan and the boys having rescued their mother are still in danger and need to go into hiding. Dr Williams is still desperate to capture them and eliminate the thorn in his side, Dr Margo Winter. Secrets will be discovered and people will change sides. Creed is on the path of redemption but it is a rocky one and the female Meta ...more
Melissa
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
I really liked the addition of Creed to the story in this book. It was an interesting look into the way "the other side" works. I also really appreciated the expansion of the brothers' characters. The pace was quicker and smoother. It made it a much easier read.

I still had a problem with the author's choice to jump tenses in the storytelling. However it was alleviated a bit by the fact that Meg was out of commission for a good portion of the book so she wasn't really a point of view for most of
Jennifer Erwin
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good continuation into a 6 (I believe) book series. The first one really drew me in. Then I discovered I already had book 2 (whoo-hoo!). Book one really does a good job laying out the ground work and the story line, and then ending at a point that didn't feel like a nasty cliff hanger. Book 2 (Winter's Storm: Retribution) really does a good job continuing on, yet adding more layers to this expanding tale. The ending of this one was just enough closure, and with just enough teaser for book 3 ...more
Anjie Kendall
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-ya
Even more edge of your seat action, twists you don't see coming, and wide-eyed wonder of people being exposed to the "real world" for the first time. Poor Creed trying to order water caused another laugh out loud moment while reading this.

The new characters introduced in this book, oh, the reactions I had. Shaking my head at the trusting of Creed, watching the internal struggle that Farrow seems to go through. New people to hate. Oh, it's just so rich! When the action ramps up at the end, it doe
Allison
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With Amazon Prime I borrowed the first book since it had great reviews and I have read three of them in about two weeks! They are page turners and are hard for me to put down (just with real life I usually have to!) I wasn't sure what this book would bring but the adventure continues and Karen writes well and keeps you wanting more! I loved where the story led and the little love stories from time to time in it.
Sharon
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Darlene & Tanya
Recommended to Sharon by: 2nd in a Series - Free Kindle Download
More like 3.5 stars....This book didn't catch me like the first in the saga did, however still a fun, fast read & I am itching to know what happens next. Editing needs some work for example, right at the end Creed is mentioned when the character being talked about is Cole. You'll catch it when you read it. This won't stop me from finishing the rest of Saga though. I am enjoying it. Oh.....and I LOVED the cover of this book. Very Dramatic!!
Amy
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, I was concerned at first where Creed would come in as this is his part to the story. I finally saw where and this book kept me entertained. I loved the ending and can't wait to read part three. I love this family as they have been through so much with both books. I hope Creed is in 3 as well. Great work, great story line and very interesting.
Christy
You wrote a great book in #2. There were times tht the action was so great and the story was very telling tht I couldnt put it dwn, even in the middle of Bjj tourney for my daughter, which if u have ever been are EXTREMLY loud. Having read this 1 first and now being able to read it after book 1 finally it all made sence and came together great.
Shannon Hutcheson
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've just read books 1 and 2 in one sitting. I can't get enough! I love your series. I love how real and visceral the depth and power of love is with your characters. The Winters' world is so vivid and clear I can almost taste it. And Dr. Williams is just as oppositely evil and despicable. I can't get enough! Here goes book #3. I hope there is more!
Shannon Sonneveldt
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the series picks up where book 1 leaves off. Again, it’s original and wonderfully written entertaining me and my teenage son. Immediately bought the third one when we finished this one – we had to know what happened!
Midnight Sapp
I had this book for more than a year on my kindle; I know regret not reading it sooner. Couldn't put it down, it was really good. Thank God I don't have to wait to read the next one because I already have it! Damn you Cole, I liked you on the first book, but know i'm rooting for Creed.
Cathy
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! It was even better than the first! Story continues with Meg and her family (along with a few others) in trying to stop Dr. Williams from hurting their family. Really loved the direction this one went with adding Creed. :-)
Morgan
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A-freaking-mazing, even better than the first. I love the Winter family and cant wait to see what happens with Meg and Creed....and (maybe) Alik and Farrow? And holy cow, Cole, what where you thinking...biting my nails-lol.
Royale
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"Born into evil.
Raised for violence.
Searching for truth."

The Winter's Saga continues with a wonderful second book, and boy! Does she ever know how to leave people hanging.

Born into a story.
Raised for a book.
Searching for readers.

Loved every inch.

M&M Drew
Liz
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lot better than the last one, I found that I couldn't put it down. I love the evolution of the characters and the story. More than anything I loved the introduction of Creed into the story. I love his troubled story and his sexiness...yum!
Heather
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A good continuation of the Winter's Saga. We are introduced to a new meta named Creed. I like him and felt that he fit the story well. There are other new characters as well. Some of them are quite frightening. The Winter's family and their allies face more danger.

• The Discovery of Socket Greeny (Socket Greeny, #1)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • What Lies Inside (Blood Bound, #1)
  • The Overtaking
  • Ping: From the Apocalypse (Ping #1)
  • What the Heart Wants (Hearts and Arrows, #2.5)
  • Battery Brothers
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • Courage (Mark of Nexus, #2)
  • Nothing Else Matters
  • Ghost in the Maze (Ghost Exile, #2)
  • Sky Blue  (Ruby Blue, #3)
  • Morning Star (Equinox #1)
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • Maiden's Veil
  • The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy #2)
  • The Nightlife: Paris (The Nightlife, #3)
  • Damaged: A Violated Trust (Secrets, #3)
Karen Luellen lives in North Texas with her best friend/husband Dan, their four amazing teenage children and four rescued pets (two cats and two dogs).

Any spare minute, she can be found sitting in her favorite spot on the sofa--fingers flying across the keyboard, writing. But she can also be found:

* teaching kindergartners to read, write and get along
* laughing with her witty husband
* wandering a

Winter's Saga (6 books)
  • Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1)
  • Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)
  • Winter's Warrior: Mark of the Monarch (Winter's Saga, #4)
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • Winter's Legacy: Future Days