Start by marking “Wpuść mnie” as Want to Read:
Wpuść mnie

Wpuść mnie

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  69,306 Ratings  ·  4,980 Reviews
Legenda wampira i hipnotyzująca, posępna historia odrzucenia, przyjaźni i zemsty. Niezwykłe połączenie literackiego horroru z powieścią psychologiczną.

Oskar mieszka z matką na sztokholmskim przedmieściu. Nieśmiały i zakompleksiony, nie ma przyjaciół. W szkole jest przedmiotem nieustannych drwin i szyderstw, koledzy dręczą go i prześladują.

Do sąsiedniego mieszkania wprowadz
Published 2008 by Amber (first published May 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Wpuść mnie, please sign up.

Christina Young I recommend watching the Swedish version of the movie. It was really good. The American one was very very watered down. Technically the book is way…moreI recommend watching the Swedish version of the movie. It was really good. The American one was very very watered down. Technically the book is way more brash and violent and twisted and disgusting than both movies. But I definitely think the Swedish movie is great and would actually recommend watching it whether you read the book first or not.(less)
Misha There's a pretty disturbing scene involving a toothless child prostitute, another scene with a child giving a strip tease, and an attempted rape scene…moreThere's a pretty disturbing scene involving a toothless child prostitute, another scene with a child giving a strip tease, and an attempted rape scene near the end. (less)

Paul Bryant
I finally got my revenge on Sweden. For most of my life I’ve been bombarded with newspapers and radio telling me how Sweden is so much much very much absolutely completely better than Britain at practically everything. Here’s some random quotes from the BBC news archive :

“Sweden has probably the strongest freedom of information law anywhere in the world.”

“Sweden has one of the best staffed health services in the world. But as a parent, Sweden seems the perfect place to have children.”

“BBC's Joe
Manny
You know that bit at the beginning of Amadeus, where Salieri has composed this very uninspired little march, which he and the Emperor play for Mozart? Then Mozart sits down at the keyboard and says, hm, that's not quite right, is it? And he messes around with it for a couple of minutes, until he's suddenly transformed it into "Here's farewell to the games with the girls" from The Marriage of Figaro.

Well, it's like that Låt den rätte komma in and Twilight. John Ajvide Lindqvist has looked at Ste
Jason
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-kindle, 2011, reviewed
Yo, lesson for you, Stephenie: this is how you write a fucking vampire novel.

So you can run and tell THAT.

Antoine Dodson
Stephen
Soiled…soiled and a bit emotionally off-kilter.

That’s the best I can do to describe how this book made me feel. It’s dark, morose and...really…really...REALLY…creepy. Not strange sounds and creaking doors creepy. Creepy like that "overly affectionate" uncle who stares at you too often and always wants a hug that lasts for an inappropriate length of time. That kind of creepy.

This book oozes it.

The working class Swedish suburb where the story takes place feels dingy, depressing and rundown. The p
Kemper
After watching the Swedish movie this book is based on, I thought it was an intensely creepy film and promptly got the book to check out the full story. I figured that the planned American film version would be a pale shadow of the original because there’s no way that a Hollywood movie studio is going to show that messed up tale in it’s original form to audiences in the U.S. Little did I know that even the Swedish producers didn’t have the collective nutsack to give us the full story on how godd ...more
Kat Kennedy
Imagine for a moment that you were at an event, like the 1995 Rugby World cup where South Africa both hosted and won. Imagine being there in the heat of that moment - the cheer and ebulation. That light, almost unreal sense that the world has faded away and there is only that moment. Nothing else is important and you want to quietly capture the complete bliss you are experiencing and put it in a bottle somewhere. Hopefully at some future date you can take it out and rekindle those emotions and b ...more
Tatiana
As seen on The Readventurer

I can't even find the words to describe how much I LOVED this novel. But let me start by warning Twilight lovers that this book is not about sexy sparkly vampires and teenage love. If you are not ready to read about ugly realities of human life, do not open this book.

It is not an easy book to read. The story is complex and involves many characters, whose presence sometimes is just momentary. The action moves from one character to another very quickly. But once you und
Melissa
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, horror, thriller
Dear Stephenie,

This is how you write a "vampire" book.

Sincerely,

The World
Jayson
(A) 86% | Extraordinary
Notes: Tenderness with ferocity. It's lonely, desperate people living in ashen desolation. The grey makes the red stand out.
Kristen
Terrifying, engrossing and a book that encompasses many different topics. Not just a story about vampires; this book takes on such issues as bullying, revenge, pedophilia, prostitution, drug use, alcoholism and the sheer desperation of loneliness. Beautifully written and terribly disturbing. This book sets the bar for the genre.
  • Carmilla
  • The Light at the End
  • The Vampire Tapestry
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 2: Dark Days
  • The Moth Diaries
  • Lord of the Dead
  • Exquisite Corpse
  • Anno Dracula (Anno Dracula, #1)
  • A Stir of Echoes
  • The Monster Show: A Cultural History of Horror
  • Summer of Night
  • Night Watch (Watch #1)
  • The Rising (The Rising #1)
  • Fevre Dream
  • Ring (Ring, #1)
  • 23 Hours (Laura Caxton, #4)
  • Varney the Vampire; or, The Feast of Blood
  • In the Flesh (Books of Blood #5)
John Ajvide Lindqvist (John Erik Ajvide Lindqvist) is a Swedish author who grew up in Blackeberg, the setting for Let the Right One In . Wanting to become something awful and fantastic, he first became a conjurer, and then was a stand-up comedian for twelve years. He has also written for Swedish television.

His Let the Right One In was a bestseller in Sweden and was named Best Novel in Translati
More about John Ajvide Lindqvist...
“Real love is to offer your life at the feet of another.” 143 likes
“Are you OLD?"
"No. I'm only twelve. But I've been that for a long time.”
113 likes