Start by marking “Sunrise Over Disney” as Want to Read:
Sunrise Over Disney

Sunrise Over Disney

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A man's trip to Disney World sparks a revolution in his thinking that strangely alters his quest for a true education. Ultimately, he redesigns a popular Disney attraction and predicts the trajectory of human development, while settling the long-standing feud between science and religion.
Published October 1st 2011 by L.N. Smith Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sunrise Over Disney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunrise Over Disney

Mysterium
L.N. Smith is a brilliant mind with a wise talent for writing. I wish that society had more folks that think like he does. Smith's wonderful ability to take something as popular as almost sacred to Americana as Disney, and apply his insightful observations about life and where were are headed as well as where we came from within the framework is quite impressive. Sadly, as a dearly departed mate of mine once expressed, we live in an "American Hologram" and sadly those "citizens" clog up the gene ...more
Kathryn
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
At its best, Sunrise Over Disney reads like a love letter to all things Disney. Walt, the movies, the studio, the parks, the vision of it all. Unfortunately, the book never seemed to determine what sort of book it is. It alternates between hardcore interesting information for the most knowledgeable Disneyphiles and An Idiot's Guide to The Magic Kingdom, which is not only confusing, but also frustrating.

For example, the story is narrated by Bert who is married to Mary. One of their kids is named
Carol
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, first-reads
'Sunrise over Disney' is an unusual book; it does not fit neatly into a genre. It is a story of a loving family, Walt Disney and his dreams and philosophy. It is also about a man named “Bert “. It tells of his own personal intellectual journey and growth of his personal philosophy. I read several reviews that didn't know what to make of this book before I read it. The writing is excellent; it holds your interest all the way through the book. After the first chapter, I decided to just sit back an ...more
Mayara Arend
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I entered a giveaway for this book on Goodreads, and I ended up getting a copy for review, which I thank the author very much.
Technically, this book isn't by Bert, but by L.N. Smith (which is also a pen name, it seems). And yet, it IS Bert who writes it.

This is a complicated book. It's not properly fiction, but it is fiction. If you've read Sophie's World or anything by Jostein Gaarden you probably know what I mean - it is meant to teach people, but also fascinate and entertain.

The book tells th
Zhana
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
***Български***
Отне ми много време да довърша книгата. Началото й беше доста бавно и не толкова интересно. Когато действието се измести в Дисниленд бях по-привлечена от книгата. След като действието се измести отново обаче, книгата отново стана скучновата. Въпреки че имаше доста интересни моменти в книгата не бяха достатъчно, за да я харесам. Мисля че авторката се е опитала да напише интересна книга за психологията и историята на Дисни, но не е успяла.
Въпреки това наистина мисля, че книгата ще е
Rachel
Jan 05, 2012 marked it as gave-up-stop-reading
Shelves: gr-won-gift
Okay, I was intrigued by this book after reading the brief description on a goodreads giveaway. I won! I want to thank the Author for his or her generosity.

Unfortunately, after receiving the book I was intimidated by it's size and fine print. I figured I would try to get excited by reading the summary - which I could not find on the book itself; I came back to goodreads to re-read the online info and I realized that while the excerpt is intriguing it does not actually say what the book is really
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
While the writer has a very easy-to-read writing style, I couldn't get myself interested in or like the characters or the story. I just thought that the characters lacked that spark of life that made me want to continue reading. Overall, not my type of book.
Joshua Disneyq
Jun 15, 2013
Jeff
Aug 28, 2012
Thuchafrud
rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2017
Oct 27, 2015
Kristina Franken
Sep 08, 2012
L.N. Smith
Nov 14, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica Buike
Susan Goss
  • Being and Homelessness: Notes from an Underground Artist
  • Living in Sin?: A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality
  • Neopagan Rites: A Guide to Creating Public Rituals That Work
  • White Girl Bleed a Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It
  • Rediscovery of North America
  • Your Mythic Journey: Finding Meaning in Your Life Through Writing and Storytelling
  • Bullheaded Black Remembers Alexander: The Story of Alexander the Great's Invasion of the Middle East
  • It's Perfectly Normal: A Book about Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health
  • Bad Cop: New York's Least Likely Police Officer Tells All
  • Watersheds of World History
  • Rise Up Singing: The Group Singing Songbook
  • God Explained in a Taxi Ride
  • Escaping from Reality Without Really Trying: 40 Years of High Seas Travels and Lowbrow Tales
  • Jesus Potter Harry Christ: The Astonishing Relationship Between Two of the World's Most Popular Literary Characters: A Historical Investigation Into the Mythology and Literature of Jesus Christ and the Religious Symbolism in Rowling's Magical Series.
  • Waiting for SUPERMAN: A Participant Media Guide
  • Do Tampons Take Your Virginity?: A Catholic Girl's Memoir
  • Hard Time: Banged Up Abroad Raving Arizona
  • When the Trees Say Nothing: Writings on Nature
In this world of credentialed experts, the author, L.N. Smith, is not one of them. In fact, his credentials are so unconvincing that he has chosen to publish under a humorous pen name instead of his real name. "L.N. Smith" is actually the abbreviation for a phrase that sets up a joke. (The clues to the full name are in Sunrise Over Disney.) Only time will tell if the joke is on him or on today's " ...more
More about L.N. Smith...
“Every dollar you spend . . . or don't spend . . . is a vote you cast for the world you want.” 14 likes