Start by marking “Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)” as Want to Read:
Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)

Celebrity in Death

(In Death #34)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  20,052 ratings  ·  1,218 reviews
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is no party girl, but she's managing to have a good time at the celebrity-packed bash celebrating 'The Icove Agenda', a film based on one of her cases. What comes as a surprise however is seeing the actress who plays Peabody drowned in the pool on the roof of the director's luxury building.
Published February 21st 2012 by Piatkus Books (first published February 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Celebrity in Death, please sign up.
Adriana I start to read the series in the book 7 but I fell in love with the character and the chemistry you could feel between them. Later on, I started to…moreI start to read the series in the book 7 but I fell in love with the character and the chemistry you could feel between them. Later on, I started to read in order and some pieces came together. But, as other readers has told you, the books in the series can be read in any order and you will be able to deeply enjoyed it. However if you read in order the books, you will be able to see each personal story of the main characters and their evolution through the series. (less)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,527 books — 15,744 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareGone Girl by Gillian FlynnPandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Best Books of 2012
3,397 books — 9,481 voters

More lists with this book...

·  20,052 ratings  ·  1,218 reviews

Jen
As always, I’m impressed with the fact I’m at book #34 and love everything about the characters and story line that JD Robb has written! I always feel like I’m coming home to friends and family when I read about the gang! Each book is a different murder case, and somehow the author keeps the cases fresh and exciting!

Of course all I have to say is Roarke! Those of you that have fallen in love with him will know exactly how I feel about that man!!! Him and Eve have the best relationship, and I lov
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Loved it so much! ;)

Eve & Roarke are the BEST! <3

“Got you now,” he murmured, nipping lightly at her shoulder. “A bit of a tickle and you turn into a girl.”
“You’re looking for trouble.”
“Oh, that I am, and as you’re all naked with girlish squeals under me, I think I can find it.”
“We’ll see who squeals, pal.” She caught his earlobe, not so lightly, between her teeth.
“That was a yelp,” he claimed. “And a manly one.”
She levered up, so he used the momentum to roll again, once, twice, until the
♥Sharon♥
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I will never tire of this series. Nope. Never. I just love Eve and Roarke and all the others. How J.D. Robb does it I haven’t a clue. I am kind of happy in one way being late to this party. I never have to wait for the next one to come out!!

A good friend just said to me that I will probably finish this series by the end of the year. I panicked for a minute thinking what am I going to do without Eve, Roarke and the whole gang. But….phew…..I have lots of .5’s to read. 😊

I listened to the audio for
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
A very good installment in the Death series. Eve is completely authentic as a tough police woman, but I like that Roarke sees her in a more intimate way as his wife. Yet he embraces her as a strong woman and stands by her side. That's a good man! The mystery was good, although it did drag a bit towards the end. Still, it was an excellent book despite that fact.

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur in the February 2012 issue. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Jilly
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This one started out pretty fun because we have our favorite characters meeting their actor counterparts who are playing them in a movie about one of the earlier cases. As usual, it's all fun and games until someone murders Peabody... well, fake Peabody.

more like an evil twin

Fake Peabody was such a jerk that pretty much everyone wanted to kill her. I kinda wanted to kill her. And, we all know how unusual it is for me to want to kill a book character.

How dare you, Mittens! You don't know me! You
Mo
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 34 and still as good as the previous books in the series. The crime might not have been as gruesome as in other books but it still kept me interested.

Eve. I adore her. I love her sassiness, her spirit, her sexiness, her independence, her attitude in a "male dominated" world. Most of her colleagues are men.

Roarke. what can I say that I haven't already said before. Sexy, adores "his darling Eve", always ready to drop what he is doing to help her out. He is perfect.

Peabody is as fabulous as
Dianne
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
I never knew how much I looked forward to the chase scenes, shootings, stabbing and all the other excitement that permeated these books, until I read this one. I never thought I would find myself saying that an Eve Dallas book could be boring, but this one was.

Eve, Roarke and Dehlia have been invited to the party that is celebrating the movie (vid) "The Icove Agenda". While there, nasty words are exchanged between the actress playing Peabody and almost everyone who is at the party. Naturally, sh
Allison (The Allure of Books)
As I’ve talked about many times before on the blog, the In Death books are my all time favorite series. The newest installment, Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb, is no exception! It releases today, and fans of the series should definitely expect an awesome addition to Eve & Roarke’s adventures.

Now, as long time fans know, these books are oftentimes pretty much the same. I obviously don’t mean that as an insult – I just mean that we basically know what to expect by now. J.D. Robb definitely ga
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review

Cover: Follows previous molds.
Rating NC-17 for a few sexual scenes.
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Really Good
Characters: Well written as always
Plot: Was interesting.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes, definitely
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Julian

SUMMARY (50 word or less)

J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) wrote another stellar tale in the Eve Dallas series (in Death series). This story was intended to be less heavy than the last and a slightly more than average case. I wasn’t blow away by i
Dina
This is the longest series I follow and it's still the best.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I want to be Eve, be married to Roarke, exchange snarky barbs with Summerset, be BFF with Mavis and have Leonardo design my wardrobe, have Peabody as my partner and be disgusted by McNab's fashion style, have Feeney as my mentor, have tea with Dr. Mira, be harassed by Trina... The list goes on and on. I just love this series!
Trisha
Mar 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I seem to be in the minority on my opinion of this book. I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts and the In Death series. Huge. But I felt this installment was lacking. There was no action at all and little emotion. Maybe I'm just getting bored with the series, but I was disappointed. I judge a book by how easy it is to put it down and it took me 3 days to read it when normally I get through an In Death in less than a day.
Mei
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary

”“Celebrity murders,” he muttered. “They’ll probably make another goddamn vid.” At Eve’s stunned, slightly horrified expression, he smiled. “You could make book on it,” he said. “Keep me updated. And don’t be late for the media conference.”
“Shit,” Eve said when he’d gone out. “Shit. He could be right.”
“Who’d play me in this one? I mean, it’s really wild, isn’t it? Somebody playing me investigating the murder of somebody who was playing me. And then there’s—”
“Don’t. You’re giving me a headache.
Lady Lioness
I'm glad I re-read Origin in Death before Celebrity in Death. It probably wasn't strictly necessary, but having the details fresh in my mind added on an extra layer of fun for me. Anywho, I practically stood on the front porch waiting for the UPS guy and promptly devoured the book in about two hours. Probably going to re-read parts before bed.

So what to tell you? Well, the person I thought did it didn't, Eve gets another mag coat, and there are some terrific Peabody/McNab moments. Nadine also g
İlkim
Yine şahane bir hikaye. 34 kitap oldu ve hiç sıkılmadım bir kitapta. Aynı zamanda rs dönemlerine birebir.

“Hey. Hands off.”,
“Please. Please, please, soooo pretty. Lemme just have one little touch.”
“Peabody, isn’t it embarrassing enough you’re wearing pink cowboy boots, again, without standing here drooling on my coat?”
Lynn Cahoon
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What happens when Dallas is in a locked room mystery? She finds the killer. Great mix of film and future.
Kathy Davie
Thirty-fourth in the In Death futuristic romantic suspense series revolving around Eve Dallas and Roarke...yum… This one is about the Icove case being made into a movie.

My Take
It was good. I also think of it as a bridge novel in that it carries on from Nadine having written the true crime book about the Icove case (see Origin in Death and we are in on the shenanigans behind filming the movie. We still have its world premiere coming up---hence my designation as a bridge.

Could be the kiss of dea
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I know that every book after NY2D is anticlimatic, but I did enjoy this one. A very different twist/story line and isn't that what it's all about?

Some good banter between Peabody and Eve - and we learn about Peabody's new pink cowboy boots!!!

Nadine plays a bigger role not only as Eve's friend but a very good investigative reporter and interviewer - really liked her role in that.

I also liked where Eve actually contacted Summerset to book a "flight" for some cops to pick up evidence in Calif
Ren Puspita
4,5 stars

While I (almost)sad to see Roarke's scene become less than New York to Dallas, I enjoy Eve and Peabody partnership here. Also, finally the investigation back to basic (like guess who's the real culprit are).

At last, Roarke never do me wrong. I guess, I will always smitten by him, and all my friend already tired to hear I'm gushing after him everyday ;)
CatBookMom
I've been working away at this, and last night finished it by trying out reading/listening with my Kindle Fire and the Whispersync feature for the last few chapters. I was able to set the audio speed at 1.25 and didn't notice any significant difference.
Steve
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, in-death
I found this difficult to put down, and I enjoyed the small focus on minor characters throughout this fascinating look at New York with Dallas and Roarke. I found the opening interesting, and a departure from the main storyline, which neatly led into it. The usual amount of hijinks, plot twists and body count pulled us toward to a rather delicious climax. I enjoyed the resolution, there was more of it than normal, and as is custom, I can't wait to read the next in the series.
Kristi
So many times authors start off a series with a really well-developed set of characters and a great plot idea, but over time the author seems to forget that people (whether fictional or real) are changed by the events that occur. It becomes increasing frustrating to the faithful series reader, and they become bored when the author fails to allow the characters to change and grow over time.

JD Robb's readers keep coming back for more, because the characters remain the heart of the In Death series
Claire
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ann Lou
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this installment, there's going to be a movie about the Icove case (Origin in Death).  Eve and Peabody got invited to the movie set and met their celebrity counterparts.  That night, during dinner the celebrity counterpart of Peabody is found floating facedown in the swimming pool.  We have celebrities as suspects.  Let the media circus begin.

Eve is being her usual badass self which I love.
"If somebody doesn't call me a bitch once a day, I figure I'm not doing my job."

It has been 34 books.
Venus Blancia
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Celebrity in Death has all its promises when the premise says that Nadine Furst’s Icove’s Agenda will be filmed. With all this and that, of course our lieutenant Eve Dallas will be meeting Hollywood’s glitz and glamour while she will be involved into a lot interviews and publicity since she’s the main character of the film. My only issue that I am not giving this a 5-star is that I was expecting of one sick joke to play around Eve’s skills as the Hollywood would try to film it for real; it was t ...more
Caro
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-death
This is another great In Death book. I liked the coat too. I'm totally with Eve on the shoes and clothes, if it's not comfortable why kill yourself trying to wear it. Great sense of humor scenes, some verbal kicking A, liked the gag reel, and of course the characters were great. Another book on the keeper shelf, but In Death books are obvious keepers. I liked the twist toward the end and am never exactly sure how it'll turn out. Gotta Love It!!! ENJOY!
Jasmin
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krimis
Ich bin ein Fan der Eve Dallas Reihe. Muss gestehen, dass ich zwischenzeitlich aber genug hatte, den jeder Band ist genau gleich. Nun habe ich zwei ausgesetzt und muss sagen, es war schön wieder "zurückzukehren" und allem Anschein nach habe ich auch nichts verpasst. Alles beim Alten: schön, spannend, Sex und solide Polizeiarbeit -und ÜBERRASCHUNG diesmal fand die von Eve über alles verhasste Party am Anfang und nicht am Ende des Buches statt ;)
Pamela Shropshire
This one was lots of fun. The Icove Agenda, Nadine’s blockbuster book, is being made into a movie. This means there are actors running around who look, at look superficially, like Eve and Roarke and Peabody and McNab, etc. Which creeps Eve out, especially when she is expected to attend a dinner, at the home of the director, with the cast and directors and producer. After the dinner, they all go into the home theater and watch the gag reel.

Shortly thereafter, the actress who plays Peabody, K. T.
Andree
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This is another solid one. The fact that the case centres around the movie version of one of Eve's previous cases certainly adds a level of interest. Loved Peabody getting annoyed about the actress playing her getting killed, and everyone getting a bit freaked out over it. Then loved Peabody getting even more annoyed when it turned out said actress was a terrible person.

The cast of characters around the movie was interesting. Liked that Eve and Roarke were essentially at the scene of the crime.

N
MountainKat
Love this series and this one had all of the players, even if it was just for a brief time! Great story with lots of outrageous character, most of them celebrities so it makes sense. Having Nadine's book about the Icove case made into a movie leads to murder and of course Eve, Roarke, Peabody, McNabb and Mira are all there. Thirty four books in and I am still loving this series!

I listened to the audio and Susan Ericksen is wonderful! She brings all the characters to life and makes the stories ev
Lyndi W.
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
Teensy bit predictable in places and very little action. I really enjoyed it, but it just doesn't measure up to the really great installments in this series. It's nothing I can totally put my finger on, aside from what I mentioned first, but it's just... something. Also, real sick of this analysis/anal thing but it didn't show up as much as it had previously, so there's that.
J.D. Robb : Celebrity In Death (Spoiler Zone) 92 148 Jan 19, 2017 08:11AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Celebrity In Death (June 2015) - Spoiler Zone 32 21 Jun 21, 2015 04:01PM
new release 10 100 Oct 07, 2013 05:30AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb 1 3 Mar 06, 2012 08:29AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb 1 2 Mar 03, 2012 08:37PM
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Alien Diplomacy (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #5)
  • Chasing Fire
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • In Too Deep (Arcane Society, #10; Looking Glass Trilogy, #1)
  • Festive in Death: by JD Robb | Summary & Analysis
  • Breaking the Rules (Troubleshooters, #16)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
“If somebody doesn't call me a bitch once a day, I figure I'm not doing my job.” 66 likes
“Hey. Hands off.”,
“Please. Please, please, soooo pretty. Lemme just have one little touch.”
29 likes