Start by marking “Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors” as Want to Read:
Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors

Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Rocky Lang and Dr. Erick Montero offer up more than 200 firsthand accounts of emergency room dramas, along with bizarre and insightful medical facts and stats, all inside Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors. Broken up into easy-reading sections, sample entries include:

Strange Disease Fact: A melcryptovestimentaphilliac is someone who compulsively steals ladies underwear
Published September 1st 2007 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors

Melissa
Jun 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
I am wondering if the authors just went through different books and online to make this book. So many of these stories can be found in other first hand accounts from emergency doctors so makes you question if those are even real. In the section of things premed students said some of those are credited to other students in other books and online. How this book got published is a mystery and I regret reading it.
Noran Miss Pumkin
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: bored people
Recommended to Noran by: amazon
Shelves: er
this book left me obstipated! 1/3rd pages are just one paragraph long stories--so leaving leaving much of the page blank. another 1/3rd is fuller crap--not stories! the stories are not even told by ER doctors, but just gossip poop , many told by anon, meaning urban myths! this book, coming out in 2007, i thought i was in for new material, stories from er doctors--like the real-life shows on cable these days. no! i read through in in 30 minutes! BORING!! maybe being an ER nurse, i am being hard o ...more
Rachel
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The saying is "Don't judge a book by it's cover." If I had followed that rule, I would not have enjoyed the book nearly as much a I did. The graphics on the cover and its large-print vignettes mixed with factoids visual formatting is a dead give-away to the seriousness of the book. The only books printed like this are books for boys ages 8-12 to be purchased at school book fairs sometime between the latter half of the 1990s to now.

The short stories in this book are "small giggles" funny. It is a
Brian
Jul 19, 2008 rated it did not like it
This is one of the worst books I have read. It is merely a collection of short stories detailing the insanity that enters ERs daily. Most of these stories are from anonymous sources and resemble many medical urban myths. In addition, the stories lack any depth or writing skill. I read 3/4 of this book before I called it quits.
Mar 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Bleah. Didn't care for this at all. After working on an ambulance and in an emergency room, I've heard most of these stories before. The bulk of them are urban legend. There are plenty of good books about the craziness of emergency medicine; this isn't one of them.
Christie
Feb 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was funny. Being a nursing student I can see how some people would make those charting mistakes. It was a light, humorous read that had me laughing out loud at times.
Deborah
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Some of the info was funny - interesting - some obviously a bit far-fetched admittedly so - by the author.

Take it or leave it.
Abraham Ray
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science, young-adult
nice book of er doctors!
Meaghan
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
A quite typical collection of amusing hospital bloopers, quotes and urban legends. I don't think there's much here that's original; you'll find the bulk of these in other books and online as well.
Whiskey
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Funny collections of stories. Charting mistakes were hilarious. All other parts could have been left out
Pete
Nov 10, 2016
Brian
Apr 20, 2009
kathi
rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2010