Start by marking “Numbers” as Want to Read:
Numbers

Numbers

No matter how much Kellan is drawn to JD, his co-star in the umpteenth revival of the musical Grease, he knows he can’t act on the attraction. Since the first day of rehearsal, JD has been flirting outrageously, but Kellan keeps holding him off. JD is too appealing, too sexy, and Kellan has to put the play first. In fact, he has a hundred reasons why getting together would ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 16 pages
Published November 9th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Numbers

Ami
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This short story is cute for one reason -- the "reasons" that Kellan throws to JD whenever JD asks why they're not good together. See, when Kellan tells JD that there are a hundred of reasons why, JD throws some of the numbers randomly. Like this for example

“Number eighty-eight.”

“Your forehead is too high.”

Of course, the most beautiful answer is when JD asks reason #1. Love that part. It's just fun to read and makes me chuckle a couple of times. Pretty enjoyable for a short story.
Tam
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was a very humorous - without being too much - story of two actors flirting as they work together, one putting the other off by coming up with the 100 reasons why they can't date, some outrageously funny, some more serious. Very well done little story that is a great way to spend a few minutes.
Beatrice
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm really glad I checked out the chat with Theo Fenraven and won a copy of this book; otherwise, I would've passed on this short story because in general I don't read them that much.

This was filled with playful and witty banter and was funny and cute at the same time. Despite the short length, the main characters felt really appealing to me and weren't cookie-cutter at all. A secondary character, T-Bird, was probably present for five paragraphs but I felt like he was given some sort of personal
Allison
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shorts
I LOVED this! Every time I read something else by Theo Fenraven I love it more than the last. This is very short but it is hysterical and heart-warming with a touch of hot!

JD and Kel are fantastic! I would love to know them, they are the kind of people you'd want to hang out with because you know you'd have so much fun with them. I love when a story makes me want the characters to be my neighbors, not many do, but when it happens I know I've found something I will read again and again.

Whenever I
Lou Sylvre
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What fun! What an absolutely lovely, leaves-you-with-a-good-feeling quick read. Fenraven's writing flowed beautifully for me. Within the first paragraphs I was well-invested in the main characters. The story is only 12 pages long, and it is a perfect little read. Just enough conflict, just enough tension, and love at just the right moment. Entertaining and sweet. Highly recommended.
Kendra T
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very cute short story with some great banter between the MC's. Made me chuckle a few times and was just very sweet. I enjoyed this. Wish it were longer, beyond the numbers bit, to get more of the characters and see where their story goes.
Chris
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, ebook, short, gay, romance, done
Very good, very short m/m romance about two guys who are acting together in the musical Grease and dancing around each other offstage.
Ruby
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rating: A

Review originally posted at Brief Encounters Reviews

This is one of the shortest stories I’ve reviewed yet for Brief Encounters – only a scant twelve pages of actual story, but it was a real joy from start to finish. Theo Fenraven is a new-to-me writer and only appears to have published a few short stories so far, but he’s definitely a writer I’ll be keeping an eye on.

The story revolves around JD and Kellan killing time backstage over the first week of their revival of Grease. JD plays K
Arthur
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a funny, cute short stories about two stage actors who are in the production of Grease the Musical. JD asks Kellan to go out, but Kellan is steady in saying no. When asked, he said there are at least 100 reasons for them not supposed to be together. The story then continues with the witty banters between the two, with JD throws a random number and Kellan provides the reason.

I would have given this 5 stars if we get a bit of character development. We don't know that Kellan considered JD s
E.E. Montgomery
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story. I love the interaction between the two characters, the way it's so obvious and inevitable but they still have to do the dance. There's such movement here, fed by the witty dialogue. I smiled through the whole story and turned off my Kindle with a happy sigh. Thank you Theo.
Lindsay (Santafefan)
Nov 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very well written. Sexy and cute, but also in some way Fenraven creates an immediate sense of character and setting. It is a pleasure to read this and will be a pleasure to reread it again and again when I need a lift and a smile.
Sadonna
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, pdf
This is a really well-written short story about two actors in a Grease revival. The interplay and banter between the characters are so engaging! Honestly, I just wanted more! This is the first story I've read by this author, but I'll be looking for me.
Chad
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Rating 3.5 stars
blub
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
A short refreshingly sweet story. I loved that the characters didn't just get together but had to dance around to eventually get where they were.
Lucy
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
100 reasons why they can't be together includes snoring, pissing with the door open, etc. But the #1 reason was just so sweet and loved it.
Mary
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very fun, the witty banter and simmering passion beneath the surface was a blast to read. Highly entertaining.
Leigh
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Adorable short story!
Dee Wy
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Delightfully funny read!
Adara
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute short story of a guy trying his best not to be interested in or flirt with someone and failing miserably, but having fun while doing it.

Kellan makes a list of 100 reasons why he and JD shouldn't hook up. Much of the story is JD making Kellan laugh in the wings of their stage play while asking Kellan to give him random reason #X, until JD finally works up to asking what #1 is.

Obviously not a long, drawn out plot here. Short, fun read.
ManOhMan
Mar 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Amber: I'll start with saying this short did nothing to entertain me. I didn't feel any spark between the characters and the story rambled along making me wonder what the point of it was. However, if angst is your thing rolled into a short, this one might appeal to you.

F

Adrienne -kocham czytać-
Kind of cute. Should have been longer and at least a tad more developed IMO. I was expecting more humor from having read some reviews. Also, it was barely 12 pages with 1.5 spacing between lines and big font, not 16 pages.

Worth $1.49? Uh, no.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Jason
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Nothing really wrong with it, it was a sweet story. But it startedoff more clever than it ended. It just didn't leave a big impact with me.
Marlobo
Oct 30, 2014
Brandilyn
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Theo Fenraven happily lives in south Florida, where it is hot and sunny much of the year.