Start by marking “Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success (3 Off the Tee, #2)” as Want to Read:

Read eBook

Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success (3 Off the Tee #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
39 Time Award Winning Book Series
16 Time Award Winning Book

Make it Happen by Lorii Myers follows her first book, Targeting Success, in her 3 Off the Tee series. Being a golf fanatic, the analogies she uses make her books fun and sports-oriented, and in her latest guide, which promotes a healthy, competitive approach to achieving personal success, she tells you to visualize
Published March 1st 2012 by LEDA PUBLISHING CORP.

Be the first to ask a question about Make It Happen, A Healthy, Competitive Approach to Achieving Personal Success

Jill
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What to say? What to say!

Positive urgency resounds in my head.

I finished this book a week ago and I am still thinking about it.

Definately a book to read and reread.

My favorite quote:

"Once you figure out what you want in life -- expect nothing less."

Christine
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's great to read something that inpires me to actually want to better myself. I think I have been on the right track, but I got very motivated when I read this book. I was constantly flipping back and forth while reading because I could see how information in one chapter related to something I had read a few chapters back. This has been some well-spent time for me.

I will likely re-read this book or parts of it several times so that I can get the most out of it. There are alot of good suggestio
Kim Heimbuch
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
I despise golf and I had to chuckle to myself when I received this book and I instantly started to judge the book by the cover, something I am constantly harping on others never to do!

Lorii Myers has put together a brilliant and intense resource guide to help people, such as myself, to achieve personal success. She makes it easy to understand and follow along while using frequent bullet style points in her book which I felt kept the flow going.

You can tell that Lorii is very knowledgeable abo

Mona Abbas
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
3 Off the Tee: Make it Happen
an easy to read book, smooth, simply written yet with interesting ways to help one focus, set goals, and practice implenting plans to reach goals.
No one can help us if we do not choose and focus on helping ourselves, this book is good for referring to everytime one feels like he or she is loosing track or loosing motivation to move on.
I read through the book, but I know I will at times in the future need to refer back to it.
I recommend this book for everyone,,those
Marcia
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a practical book that both teaches and delights readers. The author equates life to a golf game. Although not everyone who reads it is a golfer, almost everyone has some basic golf knowledge. The author stresses that self-awareness is a continual process. By striving to know one's dreams, aspirations, and talents, the challenges to success become evident, and almost everyone can improve situations. I won this book, but I liked it so much that I bought two additonal copies to give to frie ...more
Lisa
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone ready to make a change in their life
When I first got this, I thought it was going to take me forever to read, because it would be another boring self-help book. Having read it all the way through (in less than 2 weeks!) I found out it is a pretty good book! I have been inspired to look at my own life and make a few changes (for the better). It will take some time, but I can do it! Thanks, Lorii! :)

I recieved this book through the Goodreads first reads program.
Larry
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as a First Reads win. Having read Zig Ziglar, Steven Covey, and others, and using the What Matters Most planner system, I found 3 Off the Tee: Make It Happen an enjoyable read. The points made and the analogies to a game of golf make the concepts easy to relate to and gave me several "now that's a great way to think about that." I plan to re-read this book with a highlighter and quick tabs to better incorporate concepts into my thought processes. Thanks for a great win.
Billie
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure I could get into a book like this but I'm always willing to try.

And I'm really happy I did as did as this book is a little gem.

What it did for me is give me some clues to self improvement while confirming some of what I had already done.

Having short chapters meant I could get through them done fairly quickly and then move on to another idea in the next chapter.

Some of the material and ideas I knew about and others were an aha moment.

All in all I rate it highly
Babble Hartman James
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Aside from the fact that I LOVE GOLF, I really like the concept of incorporating a healthy, competitive approach to success into day-to-day life.

A great read!
Ashley
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
An easy to read book with lots of positive words of wisdom to get you motivated about your life. I would like to take some of her bold statements and put them up around me =)
Fred Hughes
Jan 19, 2012 rated it liked it
This review is based on a copy of the book which I received free from the Publisher through the Goodreads First Reads program.

In the Authors second 3 Off the Tee book she moves from Business Success to Personal Success. Something which I believe has to precede business success.

She walks us through 18 chapters titled as the 18 holes on a golf course.

The front half of the book (Holes 1 to 9) are about mentally preparing for success. As you may already know if you don’t prepare yourself mentally fo
Ryan Walsh
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
3 Off The Tee Make It Happen, what an exceptional read. The author Lorii Myers has such insite and positive attitude towards reaching your goals. She has managed to capture the essence of success and break it down in a manor to which it can appeal to anyone from the student straight out of school to the seasoned executive that is just looking for their next challenge. Lorii has made this book so captivating by including some of her own success stories as well as real life tales of others she has ...more
Re
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
If any book is a "keeper", this one is it. Yes, I KNOW...lots of business and positive-as-well as encouraging books out there. This one is DYNAMITE "FOR-ME".
I used to play a lot of golf with hubby, and luv'd the game. Still luve it but my back doesn't. sigh! Our sons play golf though. One doesn't HAVE-TO play or even know HOW-TO play to enjoy this clever application of ideas through the "holes" of the game of golf. Spectacular!
GREAT and fantastic number of memorable 'quotes', as well. I HIGHLY
Leo
Shelves: first-reads
I'm not a big golfer, and often golfing has the opposite effect of rather that calming me down, it usually frustrates me. So I thought, "Why not?" I should give this book a try.
3 Off the the Tee has many tips and helpful hints, to improve your golf gmae and relax while doing it. I haven't had an opportunity to try out the tips as it is now winter, and there is snow on the gold course. But I look forward to trying out some of the tips that were suggested in this book to see if they work :) Simpl
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
Things I liked: This book contains an interesting concept. I like how the author tied the concept of personal success to golf. It makes it more accessible to those with a sports mind.

Things I didn't like: I hate it when words break across the lines. Unfortunately, I'm not a sports person, so I generally just found the book to be confusing.
Richard Biggs
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
A lot of people should read this book. The author uses a golf analogy to basically tell us that we can control our life, energy, evolution and future. If that's what you want to believe, then by all means this is the book to help you achieve that goal. Golf is a game of concentrating your desires on the moment, and as the author so expertly states, so is life.
Jim Serger
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a great book on how to look at big huge task and how to break it down, so the task can be accomplished. Lorii does a great job at tying in her real life stories and applying them to the theme of the book. She shares with us through 18 holes, how any project can be tackled head on when we look for small outlets--a great read, and I am going to grab her 3 Off The Tee: Success next.
Francine
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm not a golfer and know nothing about the game but wanted to read this book anyway. A true indicator of a good author is if they can help someone to understand a concept they have no knowledge of and Ms. Myers does just that here. She draws good analogies between golf and business making the book an easy and entertaining read. I truly enjoyed it!
Yvonne Stegall
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am not really a competitive person, but I did like the approach this book takes at helping people to succeed. Thanks Goodreads for the free read! (received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads)
Lynne
Dec 31, 2011 marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thank you.
Dee
Jan 12, 2012 marked it as to-read
I won this book as a Goodreads First Read.
Haan
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
I could not get into the book. I was trying out a new type of book to read and this one was not for me. I did like how she used the golf game as references and thoughts.
Lorii Myers
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ritika Raj
May 21, 2013
Matt
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaway-books
Not a great read. Not terrible, but not great.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Never Fail: Success Strategies
  • The Secrets of Successful Communication: A Simple Guide to Effective Encounters in Business
  • Hot or Not: : How to Know If Your Business Idea Will Fly or Fail
  • Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience
  • Collabetition: 3 Principles For The Creative Person In All Of Us
  • It's a Happy Life: Keys to Successful Enjoyable Living
  • Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)
  • Networking Is a Contact Sport: How Staying Connected and Serving Others Will Help You Grow Your Business, Expand Your Influence -- or Even Land Your Next Job
  • The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg: Accutane - The Truth That Had to Be Told
  • Work the Pond!: Use the Power of Positive Networking to Leap Forward in Work and Life
  • From Rats to Riches
  • Lead to Succeed and You Won't Manage to Fail
  • The 29% Solution: 52 Weekly Networking Success Strategies
  • Zombie Tag
  • George & Hilly: The Anatomy of a Relationship
  • The Fifth Wave: A Strategic Vision for Mobile Internet Innovation, Investment and Return
  • The Fourth Fisherman: How Three Mexican Fishermen Who Came Back from the Dead Changed My Life and Saved My Marriage
  • 7 Day Focusing Plan
39 Time Award Winning Author

An empowered employee turned entrepreneur, Lorii Myers has more than three decades of top flight business experience that encompasses a wide variety of careers, challenges including senior manager, controller, business owner, and award-winning author. With the belief that the right attitude is everything, she carefully details the mental and physical makeover strategies
More about Lorii Myers...

3 Off the Tee (3 books)
  • Targeting Success, Develop the Right Business Attitude to be Successful in the Workplace (3 Off the Tee, #1)
  • No Excuses, The Fit Mind-Fit Body Strategy Book (3 Off the Tee, #3)
“Sometimes not getting what you want is a brilliant stroke of luck.” 58 likes
“It's sometimes easier to help others rather than helping yourself. The trick is to listen to your "self" as a friend. This may be the simplest change you ever make in life, with the biggest impact.” 45 likes