Start by marking “The Art of War from SmarterComics: How to be Successful in Any Competition” as Want to Read:
The Art of War from SmarterComics: How to be Successful in Any Competition

The Art of War from SmarterComics: How to be Successful in Any Competition

Written by the ancient Chinese military general and philosopher Sun Tzu, THE ART OF WAR reveals the subtle secrets of successful competition – equally applicable to maneuvers in war, business, politics, sports, law, poker, gaming, and life.

Learn how to succeed in any conflict with subtle secrets of winning like these:

All warfare is based on deception.

Cowardice leads to
Published by SmarterComics (first published September 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of War from SmarterComics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of War from SmarterComics

Start your review of The Art of War from SmarterComics: How to be Successful in Any Competition
Felonious
Aug 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, especailly our leaders.
Shelves: topshelf, first-reads
I have read a couple other versions of The Are of War, which I enjoyed a lot. I wasn't sure what to expect from a comic book version, but I thought it was a great idea. It only took about 30 minutes to read and I have to admit I was a bit surprised at the quantity and quality of Sun Tzu's philosophy that was in this (comic) book.

The illustrations were well done and the “characters” and “story” changes for different “lessons” that are presented in the book. So it's more of a “short stories”
Satia
I received two books from SmarterComics through the goodreads firstreads program. I read them both, back-to-back, and they perfectly lend themselves to being compared. For this reason, the reviews reference one another and both can be found in a single post on my book review blog on Friday, 12 January 2012.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu as adapted by Cullen Bunn and Shane Clester, with illustrations by Shane Clester, begins with a “mob boss” trying to determine how to protect his territory. I was
Cassie
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: generals, strategists, anyone wanting to learn how to be better at life
Recommended to Cassie by: Goodread Giveaways
This was a book that I received for free from "Goodreads Giveaways". The book is carefully crafted to help the individual to understand how one should prepare for war, but at the same time it showcases how we can utilize the text for our daily lives as well. There are many situations where these techniques will help us to survive in this every changing world.

One of the best features of SmarterComics that I have noticed is the inclusion of the quizzes, which I mentioned in my review of the other
Zohar - ManOfLaBook.com
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
The Art of War from SmarterComics: How to be Successful in Any Competition by Sun Tzu, illustrated by Shane Chester is a graphic novel of the famous book. Many think that this famous book is only about war, but truth be told, its lessons could be applied to management and management styles.

The Art of War from SmarterComics: How to be Successful in Any Competition by Sun Tzu, illustrated by Shane Chester depicts Sun Tzu’s masterpiece by highlighting the main teachings of the classic guide. The
Kristen
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My dad once told me that even though I already knew everything (something I took at face value at the time), it was a good idea to review the basics now and then. This book is about reviewing the basics. Sun Tzu's advice is offered with just enough shrouds of time and distance to make you think... and agree with the advice. I knew that, but it's good to give some thought to how the hell I might cultivate a few more allies, make it worth their while to be allied with me.

I'd heard of Sun Tzu for
Samantha Brandt
I really liked this book overall. I liked the fact that the artists translated the books, found the best way to honor the text, and then put it in an easy read format. Not only did they do that, but they applied the text to everyday situations. This is definitely a quick read, but well worth it. I think that I have found a book that I can read over and over.

This was a Goodreads First Read.
Shane Cormier
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THanks for the win. I enjoyed this COMIC BOOK, NOT THIS LIFE MANUAL. Great artwork and very well done simplified story line. Boo Hoo Hoo, it didnt help Napolean win the war. Boo Hoo it doesnt work to help you defeat your enemies because they already read the book before you. Thanks for the win I really really enjoyed this comic. Cant wait to check out your other work.
Jen
Dec 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book but was happy because it had come up in conversations multiple times recently. It is basically a graphic novel cliff notes of the original book which I wish they had when I was in school. I could use one of Dantes Inferno since I cant seem to get through it. Anyway, worth the read. There is a lot to sink in so I will probably reread again.
Ellen
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
Another WIN from SmarterComics! I really like the way you take these books that my teenage son SHOULD read, and put them into a format that he WANTS to read!! Thanks!! I won this in a giveaway on Goodreads!
Sarah & Colby
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
Very clever.
Yvonne Stegall
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great comic rendition. The illustrations are absolutely amazing. Anothor great win from Goodreads First Reads. (received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads)
C
มาประยุกตใหดูเปนตัวอยางงาย ๆ
Mitch
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic, philosophy
Good info and illustrations, but something about the printing process or ink used to create this book left the pages with a very strong unpleasant smell. The fumes burned my nose, and I had to stop reading by page 33. I was disappointed that I couldn't finish it.
Monika Satyajati
Love the book! Although it was written for war, but what is said in this book could give us the wisdom of life
Matimate
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, graphic_novels
I am not sure what to thing about this comics. The adaptation of Art of War in to this ...well not bad but not good either. It missed so many points...after all it is just graphic novel and it emphasis on things which can be used for it.
Michael Dinn

• The Kitchen
  • How to Talk to Girls at Parties
  • The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family
  • Why You Should Give A Damn About Gay Marriage
  • Dark Force Rising (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #2)
  • F*ck Love: One Shrink's Sensible Advice for Finding a Lasting Relationship
  • How to Raise a Reader
Sun Tzu (孫子; pinyin: Sūnzǐ) is a honorific title bestowed upon Sūn Wu (孫武 c. 544-496 BC), the author of The Art of War (孫子兵法), an immensely influential ancient Chinese book on military strategy. Sun Tzu believed in the use of the military sciences to effect outcomes that would result in peace.

In the author's name, Sūn Wu, the character wu, meaning "military", is the same as the character in wu