Start by marking “Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)

Five Ways 'til Sunday

(Delta Heat #1)

Sometimes a man’s just gotta call for backup…

Delta Heat, Book 1

Marti Kowalski is all wrong for Officer Jackson Teague—he just won’t listen to reason. She didn’t finish high school, runs a bar. Has a tattoo and a blue streak in her hair. Yet he still wants to marry her? She can’t say she’s not tempted, but she’s got a bucket list to complete before she ties the knot.

Not
Published November 22nd 2011 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Five Ways 'til Sunday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Ways 'til Sunday

Start your review of Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)
Auntee
Nov 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of erotic romance featuring multiple partners
Welllll...this is certainly a little scorcher! The book blurb spells out the plot (what little of it there is) quite nicely, but I'll summerize and add my two cents.

Marti Kowalski is a bar owner with a bit of a wild, impulsive streak. She has an arm filled with tattoos, a blue streak in her hair, and is prone to picking up and moving wherever her desires and impulses take her. For the past months she's been dating a local cop, superstudly (as are all the cops in this book) Jackson Teague. Jackso
Sandy M
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic, contemporary
I haven’t had such a dilemma like this with a book in quite a while. I like the characters. I like the story. Then I didn’t care for the story. Then I’d like it again, but I’d hit another snag several pages later. Mostly, I just don’t see this hero allowing such things to happen, even if his BFFs are involved.

Jackson and Marti have a very active sex life – adventurous, sexy, and fun. In fact, the opening scene is quite fun, role playing behind Marti’s locked office door. I enjoyed that a lot. Ja
Elaine
I REALLY enjoyed this hot book! Between the like-able characters, funny dialogue and observations, and panty melting sex scenes, I'll be reading the 2nd in the series soon!

The story is far-fetched, but Hey, if we all wanted "real life" reads, we wouldn't be reading erotic romance. Marti, who runs a bar, turns down Jackson, her loving and sheet scorching boyfriend cop's offer of marriage. In a defensive move, she creates a sexual "bucket list" of sorts, to dissuade him from marriage. It includes
Heather in FL
This one was OK. I thought Jackson and Marti were cute. I wanted to smack Marti though. Seriously? He's been banging you for a while, but you don't think you're good enough to marry? Whatever. But hey, your "bluff" list made for an interesting time. Not sure about the whole "sharing with your brothers" thing, but if it works for Jackson, I guess that's all that matters. Definitely better than strangers!

The secondary story of the neighborhood thief probably could have been left out... it wasn't s
Dianne
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Romantic? Not so much.

Marti Kowalski has a list of sexual scenarios she want to play out before she gets married. So her boyfriend whores out his buddies to her because he feels he can't fulfill Marti's dreams all by himself.

I suppose this is a good fantasy, but I don't think that it translated very well to the written format. I generally like books that combine more than one male with a female, but this was beyond even my fertile imagination. Too bad since Delilah usually writes such good eroti
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I really liked this start to a new series. Jackson and Marti were good together and the sex scenes were HOT. It also doesn't hurt to have cops as the hero's. Yummy.
Of all the other men, Mondo and Gus intrigue me the most.
Laz the Sailor
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut
Do you have a fantasy wish list? I really enjoy these stories, where fantasies can be explored eagerly and safely. It's a simple plot tool, and this story uses it effectively. The sex is hot, and the dialog is just snarky enough to balance the intensity.
Jennifer Lovins
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy

Quick hot read. Martiand Jackson have been in an intense sexual relationship. Jackson proposed to Marti,but she sad no. She tells him she can’t until she does everything on a bucket list. He has her write out for him. Can he let happen everything on that list? Will she change her mind and say yes. Dive in and find out.
Diane
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay read

Short and lots of sex so if that offends you don’t read. Characters. We’re all larger than life, but given the monogamous relationship I struggled when 4 workmates brought in for her bucket list which we never really heard about. Still it was what was said in the blurb.
Coco.V
Mar 29, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/29/2020)! 🎁
Rae
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Beccca May
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book reeled me in from go. As different as Jackson and Marti were, I liked them as a couple and found Jackson's attraction and devotion to his woman really sweet and very sexy. I actually found the role-playing games Jackson and Marti were experimenting with in the beginning super hot and was hoping for a lot more of that throughout the book. However, the book goes donwn a completely different path when Jackson asks Marti to marry him and she flat out turns him down. When he questions her r ...more
Beck
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmmmm.... I'm giving 3.5 star to the steamy scenes, having sex with 5 men (well, only 2 at a time) aka menage always make my day. However, I can't buy the story.

Jackson is obviously a caveman, someone who is territorial about his girlfriend and his best buddies know this. Just because Marti made a wish-list before settling down with him, he will automaticall give in to her sexual fantasies without even discussing the list? Had Jackson chose to sit down and talk this over with Marti, they do not
✿~Danielle~✿
JACKSON TEAGUE
MARTI KOWALSKI

Read 2/9/13 | 4 stars
Read 7/8/16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Book synopsis: Delta Heat, Book 1

Sometimes a man’s just gotta call for backup…

Not just any bucket—more like a fifty
Christine
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-botb-2013
I got "Five Ways.." after reading "A Perfect Trifecta." I wanted to read the first book in the Delta Heat series, thinking it may help round out some of the characters, and it did...somewhat.

Jackson Teague wants to marry Marti Kowalski, but she's refusing. Marti figures she can change his mind by giving him a list of 'things' she wants to do before she marries, but Jackson calls her bluff, and arranges with his friends to give Marti everything on her list.

There's a lot of sex -- between Jackson
Robin Reynolds
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hot from the first page! I read this novella in one sitting. What I particularly liked about this story is the characters. They aren't just random people, they're a couple who obviously love each other. The blurb pretty much tells you the whole plot. While Jackson gets his buddies to help him fulfill Marti's fantasies, he's not just gung ho completely comfortable doing so. But he thinks if he gets Marti through her bucket list, then she'll have no more excuses not to marry him. So for him, the e ...more
Wicked Nyx
3 1/2 Stars

If you had told me that a guy trying to fulfill his girl's fantasies with an all-night orgy with him and his four best friends would be sweet I never would have believed you. Jackson is determined to prove to Marti, and himself, that he can give her whatever she needs; even if that means letting her fulfill every dirty fantasy she has ever had.

Short, but very good, with character and relationship development and some good set up for the series - each of Jackson's buddies will have the
Terra Oenning
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this was a sweet Hot read and wow wish the police in my town were as hot as Jackson lol. Jackson has been dating Marti for awhile now and he is head over hills in love with her and even her blue streak in her hair and her tat doesnt bother him. when he talks to her about long term she freaks out and finally he ask her to marry him but she says she has a sexual list to fill before she can get married so jackson buddies( policemen ) get involved to help her full fill her fantasys, but in thruth sh ...more
Tabitha Bishop
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jackson Teague is one of those erotic heroes who transcends sexy books. A man who knows what he wants, loves a flawed and human woman, and will do anything he can to keep her.

This isn't a vanilla Prince Charming tale, but a story that will make your toes curl with pleasure. It's not called Five Ways 'til Sunday for nothing, and if you aren't into menage, this book is definitely not your cuppa tea.

Delilah writes her Delta Heat men with delicious detail, and her erotic scenes are blistering hot. T
Lance
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
This book has all three items I love when reading erotica...hot sex scenes, believable characters and angood romance. Jackson and Marti seem to be perfect for each other. But when Martin first tells Jackson "no" to marriage, it seems puzzling. But when Martin produces a list of sexual adventures she wants to do before settling, Jackson nae his fellow officers are willing to fulfil them so she will say yes. The camaraderie betwwen the guys is realistic and fun...some lines are laugh out loud funn ...more
Stormy
So I DEVOURED three books in this series in the same number of days. I enjoyed Marti and Jackson. It was fun to see both what was on Marti's list and also how Jack got creative with it all.

Short, but juicy. Not complex. Not really complex characters or a complex story line. There is some story line, but mostly a lot of sex and partners and just raunchiness. Even a little crime aspect (since Jackson is a cop, after all), but nothing to get too worked up over.

Fun. Glad I stumbled on it.
Shh I'm reading!
Jun 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
There was no point to this beyond sex, which I don't necessarily have a problem with. My issue is when half-hearted plot devices (in this case, a string of robberies) are added to make a story into something that it's not. Then, Delilah added insult to injury by not even solving the mystery of the serial robber. The bar is robbed and then they go to a barbecue. That's it? Why did you bother wasting my time? Ugh, two days after reading it, I'm still sulking about it.
Cindy
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it
While there certainly is some sex with more than two people to classify this as a menage, know that it is not for a long-term commitment. The multi partner grouping is a one-time thing.

One thing that did bug me about this story is that there was no resolution in regards to catching the burglar. Thought it might spill into the next story but it didn't.
zoegrl
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marti runs the bar, Jackson is a Police Lieutenant with some good friends. They really like each other & Jackson wants it all! But Marti has a Bucket / Sexual Adventure List. She doesn't want to marry before working thru her List. What to do?

I love the Series! I've read them all! So start here & work through them, I promise you they're worth it!!

Enjoy!!!
Denise H.
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Delilah Devlin can write a great romantic, sexy, fun, interesting tale. I liked Jackson and Marti right away. When his friends decide to help, they are terrific, especially Mondo. Deep feelings, fun romance, it's an interesting story. I love a good romance. Maybe we'll get to read about one of his buddies next !! Enjoy !!
Lieve
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic, read-in-2012
I liked the book although it could use just that little bit more action. It's a rather short story so that probably explains the little action.
It did have some 'interesting' scenes though :)
Overall a good erotic read :)
Emily
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
"I really enjoyed the bucket list, you know Marti writes it thinking Jackson won’t be able to follow through, but she has underestimated a man in love."

Full review on Sensual Reads
Paula
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was good, bad, and strange. I love the vivid details of all the hot scenes, but found it unbelievable that a guy in love would go through that 'list' she had. My jaw dropped a few times and others I just found it to unbelievable.
Charlene
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was just OK for me. Lots of very hot sex, but it seemed a bit mechanical...some of the emotion was missing. I didn't feel like the characters were very well developed. On the positive side, well written and some very sexy scenes!
Bijan
I'm very disappointed now. This story is so cliché. You can predict nearly all moves and scenes in it. The worst thing is by the time you finish this book, the characters will begin to stay vague, or I can say confusing, on your mind forever.
Is it just me? 3 14 Oct 13, 2013 10:09AM

• Burnout (NYPD Blue & Gold, #1)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • The Wedding Date Disaster
  • Hallowed Ground (Flight & Glory, #4)
  • The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
  • Killer Curves (Guarding Her Body #2)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • His Strings to Pull (In the Line of Duty, #2.5)
  • Witness to Passion (Guarding Her Body, #1)
  • America's Geekheart (Bro Code, #2)
  • Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3)
  • His Best Friend's Girl (In The Line Of Duty, #5)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • His Moment to Steal (In the Line of Duty, #4)
  • His Taste of Temptation (In the Line of Duty, #3)
  • Flirting with the Frenemy (Bro Code, #1)
  • His Trouble in Tallulah (In the Line of Duty, #2)
Delilah Devlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Whether creating dark, erotically-charged paranormal worlds or richly descriptive westerns that ring with authenticity, Delilah Devlin “pens in uncharted territory that will leave the readers breathless and hungering for more…” www.De ...more

Delta Heat (5 books)
  • Fournicopia (Delta Heat, #2)
  • A Perfect Trifecta (Delta Heat, #3)
  • Twice the Bang (Delta Heat, #4)
  • Once Is Never Enough (Delta Heat, #5)

News & Interviews