Start by marking “From Away” as Want to Read:
From Away

From Away

"Oh my God," I whimpered. "Oh my God, I've been shot."

Marion Mackenzie's dream of solitude in Lupin's Point is shattered when Schooner Button spots her near his fishing boat and pegs her as a lobster thief. Clinging to the timbers beneath the dock, Marion realizes this is not the sleepy cove she imagined.

With people like Alice Lupin, Schooner Button and Crazy Hal, life in
Published September 6th 2011 by Borealis Press

To ask other readers questions about From Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Away

Start your review of From Away
Michelle Ferguson
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my first novel and the reviews coming in are positively outstanding! Order your book from Chapters/Indigo online or direct from Borealis Press. Check out my website for more on the book and how to order at www.michelleferguson.ca Thank you to whoever uploaded the cover! Looking forward to connecting with readers!

Janice
I didn't realize that this was a romance, or I wouldn't have read it. And here I am giving it four stars!

It's been a while since I heartily laughed out loud. There were some very funny moments in this story. I like the setting (Nova Scotia) and the quirky characters. It was simply a quick, fun, and light read.
Kara
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
As seen on: Bookosaur

Marion Mackenzie arrives in Lupin's Point, a fictional community located on the coast of Nova Scotia, hoping to spend a quiet summer figuring out her life, without distraction and, most of all, without complication. At 28 years old, Marion is a perpetual student who jumps from major to major like a fish out of water. Though Marion was born and raised in Alberta, she has always felt more connected to the East Coast than the West, having spent a large portion of her childhood
Brie
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
In From Away, we are whisked into the close-knit community of Lupin’s Point, where 28 year old Marion has chosen to spend her summer at her uncle’s abandoned summer home. Here she plans to take time to reflect on her life and figure out the age-old question: where should she go from here? But peace and quiet are far from what Marion encounters. Instead, Marion meets busy-body Alice Lupin, who befriends Marion instantly, while also making it her mission to “figure out” Marion’s true intentions; S ...more
Tomiko Mccall
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This author lives in our area - she is currently set to release another book in the Spring! We should have her come out to one of our book club nights
Debra Mooney
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Nice read especially to hear more about the Maritimes and references to places that we have visited.
Brenda Kirton
Nov 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-book, canada, fiction
I don't usually read general fiction, but this caught my eye, and was an enjoyable read.
Lucyloo