Start by marking “Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery #2)

Chat Room

(Teri Blake-Addison #2)

In Chat Room the dynamic sequel to Steal Away, PI Teri Blake-Addison is hired by a young woman to find her best friend who ran off with a man she met on the internet and hasn't been heard from since. The clues lead her from Maine to Texas to New Mexico and back again. While on her home front, she and husband Jack are packing to move into their newly built home which is any ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Chat Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chat Room

Ashley
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Eh. This book was okay. Not my favorite. The plot had promise, but then it failed to deliver. I also felt like the book was overly preachy, which isn't my cup of tea. I felt like it jumped around and there were times when information was added that didn't add to the story or plotline. I ended up skimming most of the parts, just because I was curious to how she would wrap it up- and that wasn't worth it much either. The ending felt rushed and almost like an afterthought.
Janet Sketchley
Teri Blake-Addison is a former cop turned private investigator. When she accepts an assignment to locate a missing woman, she has no idea how closely it will tie in with the case that made her quit the police force: the one the media dubbed "The King James Murders."

The missing woman, Kim Shock, is the sister of Barry Shock, who murdered four teenage girls before killing himself. Kim had moved on from her brother's death, and become a lawyer. Kim's friend, Glynis, hasn't heard from her since she
Nora St Laurent
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Teri Blake series. Teri is an x-cop turned private eye. A member of her church asks her to find Kim a friend who is missing; after she went off and met with someone she was talking to on-line.

It was fascinating and scary for me the world of the Chat room generation who feel more comfortable getting to know each other on-line instead of in person. It is easier for them to type to people than actually talk to them face to face. The problem is you never really know wh
Sandy
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Sandy by: I saw it online
This is my third Linda Hall novel. I've also read Margaret's Peace and Steal Away. This was an excellent book and really brings home the dangers that can be found on the internet if a person isn't discerning and careful of the sites and and people they connect with. I love Linda Hall'a books and can't wait to read her other books.
Kim
Aug 02, 2015 added it
This a good book. About Glynis Piggot she Teri to find her only friend, who disappeared after meeting a man on the Internet. Soon a simple missing persons case leads to a suspected cult compound, a hostage crisis, and a ritual murder--echoes from Teri's own past on the police force.
Nikole Hahn
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who is addicted to chat rooms and the computer, needs to read this fiction piece. It is a suspense novel, and makes a very good point about the deceptiveness of internet sites, chat rooms, and internet relationships.
Pam
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it!
Lorell
Sep 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the character of Terry and the suspense in this book!
Sheila
awesome read thought I knew who was the unknown mystery man but a few times was shown up. Great book
Wendy
Jun 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking forward to reading more in this series.
Mara
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The computer can be a good thing or it can be a terrible thing. Glynnis found that for her friend a meeting on the internet ended in death. She hires Teri, a P.I., to find out what happened.
Janice
Jul 31, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book but slow in parts. It's about getting involved with people that you get to know in chat room on internet - not a good thing!!
Russ Dodge
May 29, 2012
Noli Xate
Jan 24, 2019
Kate
rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2014
Bebe Four
Nov 05, 2013
denise hessman
Dec 10, 2015
Holly
Jun 12, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor

Teri Blake-Addison (2 books)
  • Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery #1)