Start by marking “What Happiness Looks Like (Sisters Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
What Happiness Looks Like (Sisters Series, #2)

What Happiness Looks Like

(Sisters Series #2)

Joely Shupe had a vision of what her thirties would look like: she’d be the mother of two, finger painting with her kids during the day and cooking dinner for her loving husband at night. Instead she’s a single mother struggling to provide for her only child.

To make matters worse, her ex-fiancé, Jake, shows up--unemployed and reeling from a personal tragedy. He claims he
Published October 29th 2011

To ask other readers questions about What Happiness Looks Like, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happiness Looks Like

Start your review of What Happiness Looks Like (Sisters Series, #2)
Candace
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
What Happiness Looks Like, by Karen Lenfestey, is a moving story about two sisters and what their lives have become. Joely is a single mother raising her five year-old daughter, Anna. She is also dealing with the debilitating disease of Lupus, as well as her ex who has decided to make an appearance in her and Anna's lives after five years.

On the surface, Joely's older sister, Kate, seems to have it all. She has a great job, a lovely home, and a perfect husband. However, the one thing needed to
Holly Michael
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kate and Joely became my bffs when I read Karen Lenfestey’s, “A Sister’s Promise.” Karen more than delivers a great read with her second book, “What Happiness Looks Like,” (It’s a solid stand-alone book, if you haven’t read Karen’s first book.)

Picking up “What Happiness Looks Like” was like opening the door to a favorite girlfriend (two in this case). Kate and Joely are back and it’s time to grab a cup of coffee, sit with them, and find out what’s happening in their lives.

While reading “What H
Angieleigh
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy of What Happiness Looks Like in exchange for my honest review.

I haven't read Ms. Lefenestey's first book, A Sister's Promise, so I went into this without knowing anything about the characters. I wasn't overly fond of any of the characters except for maybe the precocious Anna Jo. Joely irritated me a lot because she couldn't seem to make up her mind about anything!

Kate just really...made me wanna kick her in the butt. I know that what she was feeling was normal and that
Don Miller
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"What Happiness Looks Like" is a good read. The story is multi-dimensional. The characters are well developed and have some intriguing quirks. The book kept me turning pages and I look forward to reading Lenfesty's next novel.
Kris Brooks
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved this book, following her other book "A Sister's Promise". Wonderful couple of books to keep in the car and read a few pages while waiting for a train, red light or whatever!
Norma
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The 2nd series book from A Sister's Promise...it continues with the two sisters lives ,one battling her fertility issues and the other...well, it doesnt disappoint although it has to many issues for one sister. I felt like the other sister's main issue was sort of ignored in most of the book. But the author did give her support and I wasnt disappointed. I still reccomend this book.It continues with the 3rd series but I dont think I will continue anymore because I get attached to my characters an ...more
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
If the author was a teenager, I would be impressed. Sadly, she is not.
Sue
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Basic

No surprises here. The story line continues from book one and it's just basic novel writing 101. On to book 3.
Janet Verville
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

Enjoyed the story. Well written, easy read. The characters were interesting with a good conclusion. I look forward to the next in the series.
Nicole Green
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Karen's first novel, but she has raised the bar with her sophomore effort. A second book is tough. Sometimes authors fall short with their second books due to expectations, not understanding themselves as writers well enough yet, or for other reasons. This is certainly not the case with What Happiness Looks like. This book is full of complex characters, is well-layered, and has a plot that will keep you turning pages. And the ending will grip you as it is a little heartbreaking ye ...more
Jo-Anne
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
What Happiness Looks Like is about two sisters, Kate and Joely, and the problems each has in her life. Joely is a single mother who has lupus which can be debilitating so she has moved in with her sister, Kate, and Kate's husband, Mitch. Kate, has a wonderful husband, good job and a nice home so it looks like everything is great for her. Not so. Kate and Mitch desperately want a baby but have not been successful in getting pregnant.

Joely's ex shows up after no contact for five years and she does
Rebecca Elswick
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What Happiness Looks Like is the first book I've read in a long time that had me reading when I should have been sleeping! The characters were vivid and the plot believable; especially the sister relationship which was at the heart of this story. I didn't know this book was a sequel until I finished it, but I'm glad to know there is more to Kate and Joley's story.

Joely Shupe and her gifted five-year-old daughter,Anna, are living with her sister Kate and her husband Mitch. This is not the life s
Samantha March
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of What Happiness Looks Like by Karen Lenfestey in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed about the first 3/4 of the book. The family dynamic between sisters Joely and Kate was interesting to read about, and I like books that have a very real feeling towards them. I like reading about women’s situations, and this story definitely fit that bill. I actually didn’t even realize this was the second book in a series until about halfway through, when Kate was talking about how her h
Mayda
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books, romance
People often envision what their lives will be like in years to come. Newly-married couples might think of the children they will have in five years. Career-minded individuals consider where they will be on the corporate ladder. Joely Shupe was no different, but while her dream of a perfect family complete with husband and two kids might have been the life she ordered, it was not the one she got. Author Karen Lenfestey gives us a charming tale of the somewhat rough road that romance sometimes ta ...more
Melissa
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story; good series!
Esther Somorai
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
***Paperback Edition ISBN 9781466415171***
I won this book in a second chance giveaway from the author. Thank you so very much.

I really like this well written, engaging story that keeps you reading to the very end. Good interaction between the sisters, other family members, etc. Life is throwing some curves that these characters have to deal with. Suffice it to say, there's a lot going on in this story. A very satisfying read.
Literary  Chanteuse
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story really drew me in. I found myself getting caught up into the story the further I read. The characters and their situations one can relate to. There is quite a bit of relationship dynamics between characters and some emotional moments that intensified the story. A great choice for mother's day!
Joyce Mosby
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Joely has Lupus. She also has a young daughter. She has moved into her sister's home to get help during her bad days. She finds love and a career again . It shows a realistic character. I have an autoimmune disease too and her character is believable. It was a fun, clean read. I recommend it.
Melodie
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
This is the sequel to A Sister's Promise. It picks up on Joely and Kate Shupe's lives in their quest for happiness and fulfillment.
This is just like curling up with your girlfriends and catching up . I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Barbara A Pawling
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Can't wait to read the final book in this three book series. Recently discovered this author and I am devouring every book she has written. Fast paced and excellent.

Great reading
Nancy Houston Fields
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Joely Shupe is a young, single mother faced with some tough decisions concerning her future and that of her child after being diagnosed with lupus. Karen painted a picture of hope and the determination for Joely to get through each day no matter what lupus threw her way. Well done, Karen!
Maria
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book :). It was amazing and it taught us a lot of things, and it was really amazing.

I wish I could read more books of this author :b. It has a really cool writing and it's very creative. I loved the ending :b
April Labonte
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love!

Such a touching relatable story as I too find myself in so many of the same scenarios right now in my life!
Louise
May 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Great story!
Jenna Bahen
Nov 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Meh that's exactly what I can say about it. Not a book that I would recommend
Kari Beh
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great series!
Jeanie
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the follow up to A Sister's Promise. I enjoyed "getting to know" these sisters. :)
Leah Rubinstein-cinman
not as good as the 1st book but it was very good.
Bradley Cochrane

• Stories We Never Told
  • Someone Else's Baby
  • Exile Music
  • Clean Eating: The Revolutionary Way to Keeping Your Body Lean and Healthy
  • Private Delhi (Private, #13)
  • Before I Met You
  • Saint (Boston Underworld, #4)
  • Witch is How Life Changed Forever (A Witch P.I. Mystery, #36)
  • Touched by the Sun: My Friendship with Jackie
  • The Wicked Redhead: A Wicked City Novel
  • Bullseye (Michael Bennett, #9)
  • Just Friends (The Agency #1)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • Sorry for Your Trouble: Stories
Karen Lenfestey, a Midwest Writer’s Fellowship winner, writes “happy endings with a twist.”

Karen has a B.A. in Advertising from Purdue University and a M.S. in Counseling from Indiana University. She is active on Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter and on her website, www.karensnovels.com.

To be the 1st notified of new releases and giveaways, sign up on www.karensnovels.com.

Sisters Series (3 books)
  • A Sister's Promise (Sisters Series, #1)
  • On the Verge (Sisters Series Book 3)