Start by marking “Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant” as Want to Read:
Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant

Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This is the eBook version of the printed book.

Sweet-talk SiriTM into doing practically anything!

Apple's Siri voice technology is even more amazing when you "really" know how
to talk to it. Now, two top Apple tech experts show how to talk Siri into doing
more than ever before! Just look up what you want to do, and you'll find tested
step-by-step instructions for getting "ex
Published March 16th 2012 (first published October 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Talking to Siri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking to Siri

Chris
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I picked up this book in my closest Barnes and Noble store, I figured that this book was just a "cheat-sheet" like book to any other book based entirely about "What to Say to Siri". Although I had read Siri for Dummies before this, I knew what to expect. Now, I don't have a device with Siri on it (as I said in that book's review), but this book was just what I'd originally expected it to be when I bought it on my Amazon Kindle instead (I do like Amazon Kindle books because I'm a slower-read ...more
Melissa
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: techno-brain
So, you know all the iPhone 4S commercials where Siri is cheerful and pleasant or the rumors that you can get Siri to respond to a query with a witty quip?

Yeah, I don't have that version of Siri. I have the snotty teenager version that pretends it's listening then freaks when asked to change a reminder.

Perhaps it's just me, that I am having trouble communicating with Siri on a basic level.

Thankfully, Erica Sadun and Steve Sande put out a little book that goes over Siri's high points and limitati
Andrés Silva
Nov 20, 2011 rated it liked it
This book adds little information that is not already in the "help" feature that comes with Siri. Even most of the examples are the same. The only exception is on dictation, which I've found quite useful.
Justin McDowell
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty cool. It was informative to learn new things that Siri could do that I wasn't aware of. It was amusing to learn all of the different ways you could have fun with Siri. I would recommend this book for an iPhone 4S or later user that enjoys using technology.
Larea
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, kindle
This information may be available elsewhere but this was a quick, convenient, and entertaining way for me to get up to speed with Siri. I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and I am loving it! I may even ditch my voice recorder that I carry for ideas in the car.
Eric Durant
Some fun material, and some useful material. Not worthwhile if you read the first edition.
Elaine
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm impressed at what Siri is capable of. I'm just now becoming familiar with Siri and this book shed some light on it for me. Excellent resource for Siri (and 4S) newbies.
Paula
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just bought the second addition of this book for my Kindle app. The book is very helpful in using Siri more effectively, and I recommend it to anyone who has an eye device.
Relyn
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was fine. I found a few useful tips and enjoyed it well enough. But, if you are on the internet and Pinterest regularly, you've already learned all of this and more.
Joyce Yu