Start by marking “Memories of Maggie” as Want to Read:
Memories of Maggie

Memories of Maggie

2.67  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Memories of Maggie brings together personal reminiscenes and anecdotes from those who experienced close encounters with the Iron Lady, including Norman Tebbit, Cecil Parkinson, Kenneth Baker, George Bush, Helmut Kohl, John Gummer and William Hague.
Published January 1st 2000 by Politico's Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Memories of Maggie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memories of Maggie

Fay Pretty
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
‘How Many Mrs Thatchers are there’ I asked
‘Oh, three at least’, she responded in a low, confiding voice: ‘there is the intellectual one, the intuitive one and the one at home.’

Published near eighteen years ago ‘Memories of Maggie’ is a collection of recollections from half a page to five that holds a particular bias towards Thatcherism or in some cases just Thatcher.
Don’t look here for an easy read; the ‘memories’ are disjointed with no strong structure and a varied capability when it comes to
Jan 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: politics
A rather random collection of anecdotes and memories about Margaret Thatcher. These range from "I met her just once, but I'll never forget that she actually talked to me" to "I knew her for twenty years, she is the greatest". Unsurprisingly, most of these tidbits come from people who support(ed) Maggie, and the voice of opposition is rarely heard.

Contains a few good ones, but overall nothing special.
marked it as to-read