Start by marking “Seven: The Prophet, the Shepherd & the Star (Epic Order of the Seven #3)” as Want to Read:
Seven: The Prophet, the Shepherd & the Star (Epic Order of the Seven #3)

Seven: The Prophet, the Shepherd & the Star

(Epic Order of the Seven #3)

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  232 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The Prophet, the Shepherd, and the Star launches the Epic Order of the Seven series,picking up where The Amazing Tales of Maxand Liz left off. The Maker has been building ateam of animal friends for thousands of yearsto be his envoys for pivotal points of history.With this new, critical mission, the team will finally be completed by Messiah and known forevermore as the Ord ...more
Published September 15th 2011 by SEI Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven

Manda
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: preteen-teen
What a gem this book is! Do you love Biblical history? Are you looking for a way to impart "the big picture" of Scripture to your kids? If so, read on. The ultimate theme of the book is the Christmas story, but before you get to Bethlehem, the book delves into the Old Testament -- Isaiah, Hezekiah, Daniel, and more -- for the express purpose of exploring the prophecies of Messiah. The OT characters really come to life in these sections. The book is written for the tween-aged audience, and the fi ...more
Jerry
A Quickie Review

I usually enjoy Biblical fiction, but, I found this book to be overly long and tedious. While the fictional embellishments were nice, the whole thing with the talking animals was just unnecessary and dumb. Still, it had its good moments, which is why it gets two stars.

Score: 2/5
Tinyde
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Biblical history, you will love this book. Jenny has done a great job on this book and this is one of the better book she has written that I have read. God is defiantly the main focus point in this book, and if you love adventure books you will find this book a joy to read. I found myself eager to turn the page to see what happens next. It is a nail biting, God filled story. Five stars plus!
Mariah Raichert
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!!! I love how it starts out with the prophecies of Isaiah, Jeremiah and then Daniel. And then years later Max, his loved one Kate, Liz and her loved one Al and Nigel go to the time when Jesus was born and also the insights and how she had her inspiration from Rick Larson about the constellations.
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pages of this book were prophecies from Isaiah and others. If you want your child to have a full picture of God's revelation of Jesus hundreds of years before his birth, have them read this fun and entertaining novel! They will enjoy it and learn.
HEATHER WILKINS
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the spiritual insights in this book.
As an adult reader, the antics of the animals get a bit tedious, but just as I started to skip over, there would be a gem of truth sparkling on the page. I was constantly sharing paragraphs with my husband.

I'm reading "The Roman, The Twelve & The King" now. Easy summer holiday stuff, and I've recently enjoyed a performance of "The Messiah", so there's a real connection with the story.

Can't wait for my grandchildren to be old enough to share these th
Katie Foth
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a loan from an 11-year-old girl who really enjoyed the book (her favorite in the series so far). The author certainly undertook a huge task, starting the re-telling of the birth of Christ with the prophecies of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, and Micah from the viewpoint of the animals involved. Because the time period extends over 700 years, the story line seemed less cohesive to me. The two dogs (Max and Kate), two cats (Liz and Al), white mouse (Nigel), and mountain goat Gillamon) now ...more
Kassidy Lemmen
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Prophet, the Shepherd, and the Star is a great book by Jenny L Cote, about 2 cats, 2 dogs and a mouse, who were chosen by the Maker(God) to be immortal and carry out missions to help the people the Maker has chosen. First they help a prophet, Isaiah. They give him comfort, make sure his prophecies play out, and copy down his prophecies of Messiah. Next they help Daniel. They bring him joy in a strange place, learn from him, pray for him, and give him the prophecies of Isaiah. Lastly they hel ...more
Nicole
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great book - but not having kids I wonder if it might be a difficult read, and subject matter, for a younger child. Cote did a great job of tying prophecy and history together. The book spans from just before Isaiah to the birth of Jesus. Cote of course takes liberties - but appropriate ones in my opinion. While the book is, I think, intended for youth, I would recomend it to adults as well. Well done! I look forward to the next book!
Charissa
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read anything quite like this...it reminded me more of a screenplay for a kid's animated Bible adventure but I was truly drawn in by the amazing gift Jenny has of bringing Scripture and prophecy to life in ways I've never seen before. This is definitely something I would read to my kids if I had any any and I personally gained so much in my own understanding of Scripture from its pages.
Shannon
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book out loud with my children, reading a chapter or two each night for several months now. We all love it. It's an engaging perspective on the prophecy and arrival of Christ. The kids love it and beg me to read more each night. Jenny L. Cote has a gift for writing children's stories that adults can love reading, too.
Karen
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very good book, whetted my appetite to see where kingdoms, nations, kings and priests all fitted together in the Old Testament. It had me frequently turning to my Bible and history resources to research further.
Anita
Aug 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A embellished and fictional tale, built around the Scriptural account of the prophecies concerning the Messiah, from the time of the Isaiah and Micah, thorough to Daniel... until the Saviour's birth in a manger in Bethlehem. A good read.
Kendall
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was great. A catholic book about animals!
Pema
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think God spoke to Jenny how to write the book
Thea
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I think it was amazing!it was so great that it took me 2 days to finish.i just could'nt stop reading it!i highly recomend it for christains [ because it about christmas].
Anna Ritzy
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dis is a purty good book!!
Jessie
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
it was a little hard for me to focus in the beginning but as I neared the end it was really good and I couldn't put it down.
Emmaline Allen
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it,gave me a new perspective on the Christmas story.
Alissa
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all ages
Amazing! I love the animals prescriptive!
Rochelle
Jun 15, 2016
Lorna Halnan
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
I enjoyed the biblical history and the storytelling but I wasn't a fan of the fantastical immortal animals. I know children would like it. Not sure I will pick up the next book in the series or not.
Michaelalangnickel
Jan 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The End of the Age
  • Persecuted: I Will Not Be Silent
  • A Soft Breath of Wind (A Stray Drop of Blood, #2)
  • David and Bathsheba
  • Angels Are For Real
  • Jotham's Journey: A Storybook for Advent
  • Haunted Waters  (The Red Rock Mysteries #1)
  • The Zion Chronicles Complete Set (#1-5)
  • Voyage with the Vikings (Imagination Station, #1)
  • Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible Teachings
  • Land of Silence
  • The Tanglewoods' Secret
  • Asenath
  • The Mystery of the Shemitah: The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future!
  • 10 Great Dates: Connecting Faith, Love & Marriage
  • Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #1)
  • Whatever the Cost: Facing Your Fears, Dying to Your Dreams, and Living Powerfully
  • Under the Sheets: The Secrets to Hot Sex in Your Marriage
Award winning author, speaker and producer Jenny L. Cote developed an early passion for God, history and young people, and beautifully blends these passions together in her two fantasy fiction series, The Amazing Tales of Max and Liz® and Epic Order of the Seven®. Likened to C.S. Lewis by book reviewers and bloggers, Jenny L. Cote opens up the world of creative writing for students of all ages and ...more

Epic Order of the Seven (5 books)
  • The Roman, the Twelve and the King (Epic Order of the Seven #4)
  • The Wind, the Road and the Way (Epic Order of the Seven #5)
  • The Fire, the Revelation and the Fall (Epic Order of the Seven #6)
  • The Voice, the Revolution and the Key (Epic Order of the Seven #7)