Start by marking “Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth” as Want to Read:
Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth

Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth

(Fancy Nancy)

Nancy touches upon a subject near and dear to all in this Fancy Nancy story from the belovedNew York Times bestselling author-illustrator team Jane O’Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser.

Nancy absolutely must have her first tooth fall out at school. That way she will be sure to receive the special tooth-holder necklace from the school nurse. But when Nancy's tooth starts
Published January 3rd 2012 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth

Start your review of Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth
La Coccinelle
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Fancy Nancy and her friends are at an age where teeth are falling out like crazy. When Nancy's friend Lionel loses a tooth at school, the school nurse gives him a little plastic tooth necklace to keep his tooth in. Of course, when Nancy sees it, she desperately wants one of her own... but you only get the tooth necklace if your tooth falls out at school. So Nancy does everything she can to keep her loose tooth in place when she's at home. She eats soft foods. She doesn't talk. She tries taping ...more
Kimberly
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, picture-books
Another great Fancy Nancy. My daughter could relate to this one quite well as she's in the process of losing her baby teeth. This let her know that feeling anxious about this process is perfectly normal.
Kristie
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
•Brief summars
Fancy Nancy's friend looses a tooth at school. He gets to go to the nurse at school and is given a tooth nechlace to hold his tooth. Nancy wants one to (really bad). Fancy Nancy has a loose tooth but she has to make sure that it does not fall out at home. She needs the tooth to fall out at school so she can have a pretty tooth necklace too. She tries to eat soft foods and even tries to tape the tooth in her mouth. Her tooth ends up falling out on the way to school. She explains
Beverly
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
What I liked about the book: O'Connor does her usual fantastic job of creating an interesting story with great appeal for young readers. And of course Glasser's illustrations are beautifully colorful and full of detail. Young readers will be able to identify with Nancy's desire to have the coveted tooth necklace given to students who lose their tooth at school. Nancy's efforts to make sure her tooth falls out at school will readers smile.

This is a good book to use during February which is
Elizabeth S
Mar 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: c-beginner
I want one of those cool tooth-necklaces! They look awesome. I can understand why kids would want to have their teeth fall out at school. The book also teaches some honesty lessons, which are well done.
Oliver James
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Always like Fancy Nancy. Read it with my sister Eva.
Lynda
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Another fun story about Nancy with a nice moral about honesty.
Stephanie
Interest Level: K
Grade Level Equivalent: N/A
DRA: N/A
Lexile: N/A

Nancy wants her tooth to fall out at school so she can get a fancy tooth necklace like her friend Lionel. She wiggles it at school and tires to protect it at home, but it ends up coming out when she sneezes on her way to school. Nancy feels bad for deceiving the nurse and confesses that her tooth didn't actually fall out at school, but it
Dolly
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Another cute installment in the Fancy Nancy series. Our girls enjoy the stories and I like that she builds on their vocabulary. This story is interesting, and children can identify with Nancy's excitement about losing a tooth. I like that Nancy was rewarded for admitting the truth, a lesson that I'm always trying to teach our girls.

We've enjoyed reading the books in this series and will certainly look for more at our local library.
J.D. Holman
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, losing teeth. It's something that happens to every child. In this story, Nancy's friend Lionel loses a tooth and gets a cute tooth necklace to keep the tooth in until he goes home. Nancy wants one, too, and does her best to lose a loose tooth at school. It doesn't go according to plan.
This doesn't give me as much of the feel-good sensation that other books in the Fancy Nancy series offer, maybe because Nancy isn't on her best behavior. But, kids can certainly relate to the story, and that
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-readers
2.5 stars, I would have given it 3, but usually the kiddo wants to read these over and over again, but this time she was done after the first read.

If you loose your tooth at school, you get a special Tooth Necklace to wear that day. Of course, fashion-plate Nancy must have it. Leading to much drama.

And I think that's what killed it for my kid - too much drama, not enough fun stuff.

On the plus side, the vocabulary is great as always. Perhaps if your reader hasn't lost a tooth yet, they might get
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
We do love Fancy Nancy! Being that my little one is only two, the losing a tooth thing is not interesting yet to her, but she loves rhyming, so just repeating Fancy Nancy's name is something we do often. But I started these for Eleanor because of the vocab use and we like them a lot. She will always find the Nancy book in our library pile. I also like how Nancy 'comes clean' so to speak about where she lost her tooth, so that kiddos can see that telling the truth is important.
Shelli
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This I Can Read Fancy Nancy series is perfect for young students to practice their reading skills and boost their confidence by practicing many sight and easy to sound out words, while enjoying a fun story. In this edition Miss. Nancy is determined to loose her wiggly tooth at school so she can get a fancy tooth holder necklace. This book will allow for a fun conversation with your little ones about the correctness or incorrectness of Nancy's actions.
Jody
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a cute book. Who knew that there was such a thing as a tooth necklace. I like the story about Nancy trying not to lose her loose tooth until she is in school so she can get a tooth necklace. I have to admit that I don't get the fancy talking with definitions but maybe young readers and their parents find it is a good vocabulary lesson.
Elisha
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Fancy Nancy books! With every book there comes a string of new French words and "fancy" words!

Here is what I learned:
Whenever you do something bad, you feel guilty and sad. The best thing to do is tell someone and do something to make it better.

Au revoir et merci! (Goodbye and Thank You!)
Myhiah
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Audience: Primary

Genre:non-fiction, picture book

Book share: Have you ever lost a tooth? Nancy's friend lost his tooth at school and he get's to wear a cool tooth necklace for it. Nancy has a lose tooth. If you like a good suspense book, you'd love this book. Will Nancy lose her tooth at school too?
Nancy Jo Lambert
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
So recently, my daughter has become extremely interested in Fancy Nancy. So, we have been reading some of the Fancy Nancy series. This series is lots of fun and all the heart warming moments are a nice touch to the rather flouncy, fancy moments.
Beverly
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jf-beginners
I really like the way author O'Connor sneaks in vocabulary lessons with her stories. These beginning readers are not quite as fabulous as her picture book stories, but they will serve well for helping beginning readers along.
Holly Letson
Such a fun story. I think she deserved the "tooth necklace" as well.

But, "confess" does not necessarily mean "to admit to something bad you did". Like, when you confess your feelings to the person you love, that is *not* a bad thing.
Deana Pittman
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We loved this one! Now, I guess I will have to look for a crazy tooth necklace!
Hannah Jane
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buy, easy-readers
- Nancy learns something about honesty
- talks about the ups and downs of yearning/refraining/waiting
- more Fancy Nancy fashion inspiration ooh la la
Millie Taylor
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of Rachel's favorite Fancy Nancy stories. Whenever Rachel has a loose tooth, she reads this story and it makes her giggle, especially when Nancy sneezes. Very cute book!
Ron
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elementary
These are perfect books for beginning readers. The "fancy" comes from the books use of using large words which are then described as fancy ways of saying something simple.
Kim
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it
My 5 year old daughter seemed to enjoy the book but really didn't have a huge reaction to it. Hence the 3 stars.
Kris
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rj-s-books
I loved it! I have two loose teeth and I'm hoping to get a fancy tooth necklace at school.
Kay
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Very cute book. I love the introduction of new words plus the definition for it. This was my niece's library book for this week. Great illustrations and good story.
jacky
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, early-reader
I seriously put my head down and wailed, "Poor Nancy!" when she sneezed. I liked the small bit on honesty at the end, which reminded me of the Splendid Speller.
Allison
I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you: http://www.indiebound.org

• I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)
  • Are You Ready to Play Outside? (Elephant & Piggie, #7)
  • We are in a Book! (Elephant & Piggie, #13)
  • Uni the Unicorn (Uni the Unicorn, #1)
  • Pinkalicious
  • Goldilicious
  • The Thank You Book (Elephant & Piggie, #25)
  • Bedtime for Frances
  • Pinkalicious at the Fair
  • If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
  • There Is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • Fancy Nancy: My Fanciest Things
  • Emeraldalicious
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • Purplicious
  • The Itchy Book! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #5)
  • An Extraordinary Egg
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website

Fancy Nancy (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Fancy Nancy