Start by marking “Thank You Notes 2” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  590 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
LIMITED EDITION: INCLUDES SOUND CHIP WITH THANK YOU NOTES THEME MUSIC.

Picking up where the first Thank You Notes left off, Jimmy Fallon has many more people and things to thank. He addresses some 200 new subjects in need of his undying "gratitude." Each page will feature one note and a photograph of its recipient.

"Thank you, gift bags, for saying "I care enough to put yo
Published May 22nd 2012 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Thank You Notes 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You Notes 2

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

This is one of those books that is not worth the suggested retail price, but was most definitely an automatic purchase for me when perusing the clearance shelves at Half Price Books. I’ve been a fan of Jimmy Fallon ever since his SNL debut, but sadly they never made a “Boston Teens” book so I had to settle for this. And really, let’s face it, if they did make a Sully and Zazu story my recent track record would probably have me desperately
Philip
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
""Thank you... Thank You Notes 2 for including a sound chip of thank-you music to play along with the notes. It makes up for the fact that you were slightly less funny than the first book."'

"...No I'm serious." I loved the sound chip. It was brilliant."

"...And what's with all the quotation marks, you ask? Oh, I don't know."

I hate "it" when people misuse the "hand-quote" thing, so I thought I'd mess around with these and see what happened. """" Seriously. It's nothing."

"At any rate, I did like th
Kandice
Jul 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour
Dear Jimmy Fallon,
Thank you for your mediocre second installment of Thank You Notes. Thank you for keeping it short and sweet so I can read it in the bookstore rather than purchasing it with money that can be spent on a much better book.
Thank you!!
Fiona
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoyed the Book of Awesome, or likes internet memes, has a sense of humor
Written by Jimmy Fallon with the writers of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, you do not expect anything less than a few laughs out loud. And that is exactly what happened during my 30 minute lunch break. This is a very short read that I would recommend browsing through during a bathroom/lunch break, or basically anytime you have a few spare minutes.

Each page contains a relevant photograph to a "thank you..." note on an appreciated, unappreciated, or clearly ridiculous everyday observation, opinion
Rebecca
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great gift book or bathroom book. Not sure why it has a sound chip with theme music that will play, unless they are really looking to integrate the TV-into-book experience, but it's there as an option. I also think it would have been fun to come up with the photos for each page.

Favorites:

"Thank you, birthday card I'm writing in the car outside a birthday party, for proving that I need to make some changes in my life. Have a great birthday!"

"Thank you, friend who texts me to say happy birthday or
Renee
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really like the additional theme music while reading the Thank You's.

... birthday card I'm writing in the car outside a birthday party, for proving that i need to make some changes inmy life.

... prison, for sometimes sounding extremely relaxing... "Wait, you mean I don't have to work, I don't have to deal with my family... for 8 to 10 years?

... aunt who keeps saying that she "loooves dark meat," for making everyone at the table under the age of 35 extremely uncomfortable.
Traci
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hahahahahaha. This was a funny book of little "Thank You"s. It was so funny I should not have read it at work. I think I spent more time trying to find co-workers to show the funniest ones too than I spent working.
Leanne
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love Jimmy Fallon's Thank You Notes. It's one of the main reasons I try to watch his show on Friday nights when I don't work first thing the next morning. I love going through and finding the ones that I remember watching. This is a great and fun read! :D
Josh McConnell
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious. Short, inexpensive and a quick read (I did it in one setting), Jimmy Fallon and his writing prove again that they deserve your hard-earned dollar. It also makes for a perfect side table book and/or gift. Check this one out, alongside the original.
Alicia
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Much funnier than the first one! I laughed out loud a few times. I will be giving this for a gift in the near future.
Bev
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Ditto to everything I said about the first Thank You Notes book, except this one has a bonus--a sound chip that plays the Thank You Notes Theme Music while you read! So much fun!
Tammi Drevers
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2013
Jimmy Fallon is acomedic genius!!!
A
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not as funny as the first, but still enjoyable.
Kerrikoala
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Some of these were funny, some were so-stupid-they're-funny, and some were just okay. And some of them made me think twice about what I'll be giving as Christmas gifts this year.
Erin
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Less LOLz than the first one, but still super duper funny.
Michelle
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction-favs
I love you Jimmy Fallon!! I also enjoy that this book has the music with it so I too can feel like Im writing thank you notes :)
Wendy
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
not as good as the first, but still funny!
Lori
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun and humorous. The accompanying piano music is a nice touch.
Debbie
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giggle-and-grins
Five stars???? Yes, it isn't a great piece of literature, but Jimmy Fallon gets five stars for making me laugh at times when I need it the most.

This is just a fun little book that I have laying around my house and periodically I pick it up for a good grin.

Jimmy takes the obscure of life and makes it hilarious.
Madison
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fallon is an incredible talk show host. I absolutely CANNOT wait until he takes over the Tonight Show in February 2014. His writers are also incredibly talented. The monologues, the skits, they are all extremely well done. The best segment has to be the Thank You notes. To most people they are a notorious thing that must be done after every big celebration in which you recieve gifts, but Fallon takes a new spin on them with Thank you notes to ordinary objects or occurences, pointing out things a ...more
Stephanie
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
There were some funny ones, but there were a couple that seemed very similar to each other. I would give this 3 stars but the addition of James' Thank You notes music to the front panel of the book made it one star better.

Here are some of my favorite Thank You notes:

"Thank You... people who clap for the pilot when the plane lands, for basically applauding the fact that you're not dead"

"Thank You... New York city weather, for skipping fall and already being cold and wintry again. It's like gettin
Tanya
I found this book at Dollar Tree and had to get it. The "Thank You Notes" music instantly popped into my head. It's one of my favorite parts of Jimmy's show and I try to watch it every Friday.
The book consists of a thank you note with a photo on each page. Some were funnier than others. It was fun to flip through, but I thought it wuld be funnier. I'm sure they save the relly good ones for the show though.
If you're a fan of Jimmy Fallon and enjoy the "Thank You Notes" segment of the show, check
Stephanie
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is great for people who are fans of Late Night, SNL, or who just want to read a funny book. The thank you notes in this book are entertaining to read, and it's nice to be able to flip to a random page and have a guaranteed laugh. I recommend it! Although it's best to not read all of the book at once. Read them a few at a time, then there's more of an element of surprise I guess.
Kathy
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot better than the original thank you notes book. There was one that was reused from the first book, but otherwise I thought all of the notes in this book were much more clever and funnier. I also enjoyed that the front cover played the thank you notes music. Adds to the experience for sure.
April
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
My favorite element of this book was that the limited edition included a sound chip of the "Thank You Notes" theme music they play on the show as Jimmy reads his thank you notes. As I read, I found myself thinking with his intonations of voice. The introduction was funny and most of the notes at least made me smile.
Robert Wright
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, dcl
More of the same giggles from Fallon & company.

Ups the ante with an electronic chip that plays the "Thank You Notes" music. It also helps if you can imagine Fallon's delivery of some of these in your head. The joke is not always that great, but Fallon's delivery sells a few of these that just fall flat on the page.

Still, a fun little diversion.
Jenny
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loan-to-me
Thank you Jimmy Fallon for providing inappropriate laughs in a doctor's office waiting room!

This book really did have me laughing out loud. I found myself laughing at things I see and experience every day. I love being able to laugh at the ridiculous things around us.
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
In terms of content, his first set of thank you notes was funnier-- but this book comes in a limited edition form that has a snippet of the piano music theme song installed into the front cover. Awesome. (=
Denise Baran
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the button on the book cover that allows you to play the thank you notes music from the show. I love Jimmy Fallon and I love this part of his show, and I love this book. Thank you, Jimmy, for making me laugh.
Shacoria
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
The Thank You Note portion of the Jimmy Fallon show is always one of my favorite parts. It's always hilarious, so I was expecting this book to be hilarious and I was disappointed that it wasn't. The book has a few funny parts but for the most part it was just not as funny as I expected it to be.
  • Too Much Information (Unshelved, #9)
  • This Is Ridiculous This Is Amazing: Parenthood in 71 Lists
  • Confessions of the World's Best Father
  • Point Your Face at This: Drawings
  • Awesome Sh*t My Drill Sergeant Said: Wit and Wisdom from America's Finest
  • The Douche Journals: The Definitive Account of One Man's Genius
  • Who Knew?: Things You Didn't Know About Things You Know Well
  • Scared Sh*tless: 1,003 Facts That Will Scare the Sh*t Out of You
  • Global Model Village
  • The Ten, Make That Nine, Habits of Very Organized People. Make That Ten.: The Tweets of Steve Martin
  • Damn You, Autocorrect!: Awesomely Embarrassing Text Messages You Didn't Mean to Send
  • Awkward Family Photos
  • Kid President's Guide to Being Awesome
  • 101 Horror Movies You Must See Before You Die
  • Bad Bridesmaid: Bachelorette Brawls and Taffeta Tantrums--Tales from the Front Lines
  • The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers
  • Signspotting 2 : More Absurd and Amazing Signs from Around the World
  • Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film, 1978-1986
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.
More about Jimmy Fallon...