Start by marking “Alexios' Fate (Apollo's Men #1)” as Want to Read:
Alexios' Fate (Apollo's Men #1)

Read Book

Alexios' Fate

(Apollo's Men #1)

Mature King Lykos has a sexy confidence that turns Alexios' head. Seduced by Lykos, Prince Alexios discovers a world of men he's never known before.

Meanwhile his slave Galen has gotten tired of waiting in the wings. He sets out to woo Alexios and win his heart.

Even Apollo can't leave Alexios alone. The young prince finds himself pursued by a god and in danger of a perilous
Published April 13th 2012 by Breathless Press (first published March 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Alexios' Fate, please sign up.
Kayla Jameth I intend to update it and re-release it, but I should warn you I'm a very slow writer and have a half finished MS right now.
I think I have the…more
I think I have the original as is available to me. Would you be interested in that?(less)

Kazza
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology, historical
4.5 stars rounded up.

description

My second Kayla Jameth book and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed this ebook. It was interesting - the world building was excellent, I felt like I was back in Ancient Greek times, the mythology really well done, and the sex was freaking hot. And, well, who doesn't like the idea of fit, hot young guys competing in games in the nude, some slave sex and more. Review coming to On Top Down Under Book Reviews
Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

I found this to be a great, well researched and well written book. Being a fantasy fan of the old Greek Gods and all didn't hurt either. Alexios is the heir to the throne of Dicaea and has come of age for betrothal and finding a mentor. All of a sudden the whole of Alexios' world is turned upside down. He does not want a wife and sees no reason to become betrothed when he won't be old enough to marry for years. The obedient prince bo
Lisa Henry
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alexios is an eighteen year old Greek prince in a world where gods walk the earth in disguise, myths are real, and fate is both unknowable and inescapable.

Don’t let the blurb fool you: this isn’t just a love triangle (rectangle?). This is a well-researched story with some absolutely phenomenal world building. I am a complete sucker for world building, and… just wow. Alexios’ world hits the right balance between history and mythology, between everyday life in antiquity and epic.

Alexios is suppo
Lena Grey
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Alexios is a young prince in Ancient Greece who has reached his eighteenth birthday and is now considered a man. Instead of his ceremony to celebrate his coming-of-age being a social occasion, his father, the king, makes it into a media circus of sorts. He's invited four neighboring kings, under the pretense of celebrating with them, to join in the happy occasion. He has also told Alexios that one of them will be either his mentor only, or his mentor and his father-in-law. The king intends to ar ...more
Melyna
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was a bit apprehensive when I started this book. I am not well versed in Greek mythology and I was not sure if that would be a problem reading the story. I found it was no problem at all. the author does a lovely job of world building. I enjoyed the characters and the way their roles were in this world. This is no easy place to be. There is a huge disparity between the haves and have nots but even royalty is not immune to the whims of the gods.

Alexio is a prince, coming of age. His father has
ManOhMan
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Reviewed by Joe: First I must preface this review by saying that I know Kayla, but have not read any of her work. Thus, when the opportunity came to review the book, I immediately jumped on it and I was not disappointed.

I really enjoyed this book. I have always been fascinated by Greek myths and the ancient world, so this book really satisfied my craving for a good story that takes place in that time period. It also helps that Apollo, probably my favorite
Amy
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
this one suprised me, I thought it would be just another greek god story and wouldn't really have much worth but it was very good. I absolutly loved Galen and Alexios together, they made a handsome couple. this great read is definitely recommended.
Lily
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable story set in Ancient Greek times. There's an excellent glossary and additional information at the back of the book. Read this first to set the scene.

I loved the romance that develops between Alexios and his slave, Galen, their lovely heartfelt moments and their sizzling scenes together. Alexios also has some steamy encounters with other men, but they don't detract from his feelings for Galen.

Thanks to Kayla for gifting the book to me.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: greek, mythology
4 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Alexios has reached the age to take a mentor, but his father is using it as a way to secure allies through a betrothal. Alexios catches King Lykos’ eye and Alexios finally notices his slave, Galen, and a god decides to shape his future for his kindness towards Apollo’s prophet, Cyrus. But, due to the bitterness and jealousy of one man, everything might be snatched away with Alexios’ life.

I absolutely love
A.B. Gayle
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, gay
Kayla Jameth may be a new author but she writes the best sex scenes.

Reading this was a welcome change from my normal contemporary m/m reading as I was transported to Ancient Greece where sex between men was a normal part of society.

The author has done a great job of recreating that time, using just enough imagery to make you feel you are indeed back in that age without being overwhelmed. What's more I have it on good authority that the facts are correct.

The story also includes that other elemen
Shannon
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gods
I would have never read this if it wasn't for a challenge but I'm glad I did. I didn't particularly care for the multiple sex partners and the mythology beliefs and historical aspect were sometimes confusing but the overall story was good. The world building was fantastic and it did manage to make me cry so I must have cared about these guys.
Susan
Apr 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
I read this book as part of a challenge and it's probably not something I might have read otherwise. Despite that, I found it to be well-written and I did enjoy the developing relationship between Alexios and Galen. I think my lack of knowledge about Ancient Greek myths and legends meant I struggled a little bit with the story.
Wendy Schuffert
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book was AWESOME! I laughed, I awed and I cried. I couldn't put it down. This was just amazing. I loved all the characters and everything about it. I want to read more. I need more.
Sakuko
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting story and certainly unusual for the romance format.
There is plenty of sex with different people (even a god) that are not the love interest. Personally, I thought it fit the historical context, but some people might be bothered, so consider yourself warned.

Now, my knowledge of ancient Greek is limited, but the book seemed very authentic and was stuffed with background information and detailed, scenic descriptions. The problem is, that I felt this tended to distract from the storylin
Alexandra
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, historical
Do yourself a favor and read the Greek Lexicon of myths and characters at the end of the book before beginning Alexios' Fate.

The majority of the story is told through narrative. Told and told and told, so there is very little dialogue (and at that, contemporary dialogue in a historical novel-yikes!). The narrative is off-puttingly dense and gives an air of rigid constraint. I did manage to persevere in reading and found I enjoyed the book's plot and characters. It seems the author would do well
Scott
Calardan
rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2014
Gaynor
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2016
Perci Brooks
Dec 13, 2015
Ericka Walden
Apr 23, 2012
The House of Dion...: Alexios' Fate 3 4 Apr 24, 2015 07:19PM
Kayla Jameth grew up on the family farm in Ohio. An unrepentant tomboy, she baled hay, raised cattle, and her father taught her to weld before she graduated from high school.

She attended Cleveland’s Case Western Reserve University and later, Texas A&M University in her pursuit of veterinary medicine, taking her far away from her rural roots.

But it wasn’t all hard work for her, her sojourn as t

Apollo's Men (6 books)
  • Body Language (Apollo's Men Book 0)
  • 496 BC (Apollo's Men #1.5)
  • A Spartan Love  (Spartan Love #1) (Apollo's Men #2)
  • A Tested Love (Spartan Love, #2; Apollo's Men, #3)
  • A Shared Love (Spartan Love, #3) (Apollo's Men, #4)