Start by marking “The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh” as Want to Read:
The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh

The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh

WINNIE-THE-POOH
POOH GOES VISITING" and other stories"
Story 1 In which we are introduced
Story 2 In which Pooh goes visiting and gets into a tight place
Story 3 In which Pooh and Piglet go hunting and nearly catch a Woozle
Story 4 In which Eeyore loses a tail and Pooh finds one
Story 5 In which Piglet is entirely surrounded by water
Story 6 In which Christopher Robin gives a Poo
Audio CD, 4 pages
Published September 22nd 2009 by Listening Library (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Stories of Winnie-The-Pooh

Carol
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun and adorable way to spend an afternoon. Listening to the Collected Stories of Winnie the Pooh and the House at Pooh Corner. It was so very fun and sweet. And some of my favorite British Actors were the Narrators which was just priceless: Stephen Fry, Dame Judi Dench, Geoffrey Palmer, Jane Horrocks, and Michael Williams, written by A.A. Milne.

We get to listen to Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, Eeyore, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, Tigger, Kanga and Baby Roo. It was marvelous!!
Valerie Kyriosity
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Recent conversation about Pooh personalities brought to my attention the fact that I had somehow managed to reach the ripe old age of fifty without ever having read the Winnie-the-Pooh books. I have now rectified that omission and am certainly better off for having done so. I enjoyed the stories quite muchly.

I tend to prefer straight reading to dramatization in my audiobooks, but a couple casting choices in this one were so perfect that I'm glad I didn't have it my way. I mean...Geoffrey Palmer
Misty's Book Space
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, audiobooks
I wish I would have physically read the book instead of listening to the audiobook. I didn't end up enjoying it as much as I thought I would.
Marcus
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-listened
Piglet truly elevates this production.
Nicky
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm glad I revisited this. Winnie-the-Pooh was such a big part of my childhood, and I loved being able to wander the Hundred Acre Woods again and cry that I'm old now.
Heidi Burkhart
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A nice short dose of Pooh for Pooh lovers. There are ten stories in all. Each would make a nice bedtime story.
Annie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The collection of stories is delightfully told through the eyes of a child with a wonderful imagination. If you grew up watching the Disney version, don't expect Pooh and his friends to sound anything like that. The stories are as timeless as ever... simple and sweet as they go on their great adventures or when they try to figure a way out of their little entanglements.
Sally
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Narration was awesome, stories very sweet
Betsy Gant
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whether you're 2 years old or 200 years old, everyone should listen to this beautiful and charming production. 🍯🧸👱♂🌳 ...more
Patb
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Loved the full cast recording of this book! So much fun.
Amity
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Winnie the Pooh!
Rachel
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had been looking forward to listening to this for awhile ever since I had found out that Stephen Fry narrated part of it. He has such a distinctive voice, which I thought would be excellent in audiobook format. Dame Judi Dench played Kanga and one of the narrators, Stephen Fry was Pooh, Geoffrey Palmer (who starred in the BBC "As Time Goes By" with Dame Judi Dench) was Eeyore, as well as many other well known British actors and actresses. The readers did an excellent job and really made the st ...more
Morgan
This is a full cast audiobook version of these stories and I loved every single nostalgic second.

My grandmother is still a huge Pooh fan, and always says "Oh Bother" which never fails to make both of us smile even when she said it because she was frustrated at something or other.

Stephen Fry, Dame Judi Dench, Jane Horrocks (Bubble from Ab Fab!), and more do the voices and I swear they are even better than the cartoon voices I remember from my childhood. They really bring the characters to life
Linda
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, chcpl, 2015, childrens
Because of the Final Jeopardy question and my brother's comical response, I realized that I had never read Pooh. I was only aware of the Disney tellings.

What a delight! In addition, this was a full cast audio led by Stephen Fry as Pooh and Dame Judy Dench as both a narrator and Kanga. The voices characterizations were excellent.

I may have been a little late to the game, but at least I got there.
Marlene
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
How can one not love Pooh and his friends? Loved it! I loved hearing the voices of Judi Dench, Stephen Fry, Geoffrey Palmer, and Richard Daws as the different characters and narrators of these stories. Well done and quite the classic! Much better than the Disney movies in many ways. I will definitely listen to this again and again. This was quite the gem of an audiobook from the Overdrive download collection through the library.
Heather
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Adorable. This full cast production is top notch! All of the lovable Winnie-the-Pooh characters are brought to life with the help of Stephen Fry, Judi Dench, Michael Williams and others.

I found myself especially loving the times where Pooh waxes poetic and despite having fluff for brains comes up with good ideas.
Katy
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up on a whim and it's been playing non-stop. The kids beg to bring it into the car, back out of the car, have it playing while they play, as they go to sleep and so on. After hearing it for literally hours, I still find myself laughing out loud at the somewhat maniacal exploits of each superbly realized character.
Rhonda
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible, read-2017
These classic tales are so fun. Winnie the Pooh gets stuck in Rabbit's door, Eeyore loses his tail only to have Pooh find it, Piglet gets stuck in a flood, the expedition to discover the North Pole, Rabbit plans to kidnap Roo only to become his friend and so many more (20 in all). The characters are so quirky to read as an adult --Rabbit is antisocial and a bully, Eeyore is chronically depressed with low self esteem, Tigger has ADHD, Winnie the Pooh has an overeating problem. My 4 year old wants ...more
Jessica
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, classics
I was traveling earlier this week and this was an available audiobook on the Libby app so I said why not. I never read the stories growing up and it's been a long time since I've seen the movies so I wasn't sure how much Winnie-the-Pooh would hold up in my memories but this audiobook was great. The full voice cast which includes Stephen Fry and Judi Dench to name a few are amazing in their roles and bring out all the fun of the characters and stories themselves. If you've never read Winnie-the-P ...more
Shirley
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

I got this one more for my 6 year old to listen to in the car. But we all liked it. I liked having the different voices for the characters although a couple were similar which didn't help much. Loved hearing Judi Dench. :) Very British compared to all the American Disney cartoons of Pooh that we've seen. I liked that Eeyore wasn't so depressed, more eccentric. And Rabbit wasn't rude! That amazed me. I always disliked Rabbit so this version of him was much better. Pooh's & Piglet's voices ju
Emma
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There will always be a timeless quality to these stories and characters, and I'll never forget how instrumental they were to my entire childhood. I read the stories, heard the poems, watched the videos over and over, and even visited Ashdown Forest and played Pooh Sticks on Pooh Bridge whilst on holiday.

Listening to the audiobook reminded me how much I love them, how classically British they are, and you can't get any more British when the likes of Stephen Fry and Judi Dench are part of the cas
Min
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Who wouldn't love a full cast reading of Winnie-The-Pooh, with several musical interludes?? Particularly as it includes Dame Judi Dench as narrator, and Kanga; and Stephen Fry as Pooh containing two books; I couldn't imagine a combination better. Also features well-known British actors Geoffrey Palmer (Eeyore, and Heffalump), Jane Horrocks (Piglet), Michael Williams (Narrator, and Owl), Finty Williams (Roo, and Alexander Beetle), Robert Daws (Rabbit), Steven Webb (Christopher Robin), Sandi Toksv ...more
J Layne
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like the different voices in the recording. Good sound effects also. I listened while reading along in the hardback book. Interesting. Many changes of wording; whole sentences left out or changed to accommodate the dialogue. Still the essence is there. I loved the piano versions of the songs in the books. Quite clever. They were spoken by the narrator as the piano played the tunes. I love Piglet’s tiny, scratchy, sweet voice on this recording. NOTE: This recording does NOT include the two book ...more
Teresa
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like reading challenges. Not only do I enjoy keeping track of how many I read, I like to branch out and find a challenge list that broadens my horizons. I found this one http://forreadingaddicts.co.uk/cwts-c... that has me choosing a book each month by an author born that month.
I started off easy -- A.A. Milne. I listened to the audio book. It was quite enjoyable. But then, what do we expect? It's Pooh!
Margaret Heller
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
We got this audiobook for a family road trip. A great success, even though I'm not sure everyone in the car followed all plot points. It kept me awake when I surprise had to drive through the night in pouring rain. Only problem was there are sound effects and the crashing noise once woke the baby. This is unlikely to happen to you.
Katherine
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.75 stars. I have to dock what would be an absolutely superb rendering of these stories because of one of the character's voices. While I loved Pooh's, Eeyore's, and the narration by Judi Dench, Piglet's voice grated on my nerves. Sing ho for the life of a bear...just not with Piglet's participation.
Merin
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the full cast audio of these stories and I have to say that I loved all of them. Some of them were so funny, and I loved listening to the original version and comparing them to the Disney remakes. If you're going to read these stories, and want to do so on audio, this is the version of them to choose! I highly recommend it.
saeedeh
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sweet
And a very interesting audiobook with a very talented (aaand famous) cast.
It just showed how everybody can enjoy a really creative story.
And I'm glad I listened to it before watching the movie adaptation "Christopher Robin".
Now I'm actually excited for the movie!
Sal
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
I loved this audiobook!!!! All the narrators were wonderful and I found myself laughing out loud, here and there, at the antics of the loveable characters. This is not just a children's book, but can be appreciated no matter what your age.
Emil Petersen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do not think that there is much to say here. Hopefully you already know Winnie the Pooh. The cast is great and the stories are well told, with some slight dramatic effects here and there. I found he voice of Piglet annoying, which is the only down side I can find.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love from Paddington
  • Old Peter's Russian Tales
  • Doctor Who: The Fearmonger
  • Doctor Who: Dead Air
  • Doctor Who: Phantasmagoria
  • The Empire Strikes Back: The National Public Radio Dramatization
  • Short Stories
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • The Hungry Thing
  • The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories
  • Marionettes, Inc.
  • Ming Lo Moves the Mountain
  • Feeding the Dragon
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac