Start by marking “Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #13) (The Dacians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #13) (The Dacians, #1)

Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #13) (Immortals After Dark #13)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  20,436 Ratings  ·  1,433 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole introduces The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist, a new paranormal series following the royal bloodline of Dacia, a vampire kingdom hidden within the Lore of the Immortals After Dark. Shadow’s Claim features Prince Trehan, a ruthless master assassin who will do anything to possess Bettina, his beautiful sorceress mate, even compete ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 481 pages
Published November 27th 2012 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #13), please sign up.

Alina Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
Alina I want to say yes, but there are a few mentions of other charechters from previous books but thery are not essential to the story. so you won't miss…moreI want to say yes, but there are a few mentions of other charechters from previous books but thery are not essential to the story. so you won't miss anything important :)(less)

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Shadow's Claim: 3.5-4 stars. (YES, I'VE READ IT A LITTLE EARLY!)

Hey! I know what ya'll are thinking. How in the world did she already read this? There's no way Tai got a arc of THIS! What voodoo is she practicing that she obtained this? Well, let me tell ya. Apparently, my local supermarket does not heed to release dates. My mother happened to see this on the shelves, remembered my incessant whining about needing me some KC in my life, and surprised me with it today! First I'd like to just say,
Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak
description

OMG a *NEW* Series by KC!!!!!!!!!

omg now the celebration is over because I hate to say it - This romance underwhelms. Bettina was quite annoying, she took too long to recognize the good thing she had going with the hero Prince Trehan. The plot was a tad formulaic and not enough hot sex scenes either.....

The sylph Salem was hilarious though! He was one bright spot in a otherwise bland romance. Methinks Ms Cole skimped on writing this romance in-order to write her new YA series Arcana Chronicles :
P
“She will never be mine, will always want the male before me.”

This is my third time of reading this stunning book. TREHAN DACIANO. Oh my goodness. What can I do for you when you're feeling down because of your love life ? I can't bare when you're upset and unhappy. Your woman is not fair and so unkind to you. She doesn't deserve your warrior heart — and I have to admit — your honesty belongs elsewhere, so no one can hurt you as much as she does.

“Lizvetta nearly decapitated me. And look how ha
Alex is The Romance Fox
Shadow's Claim is the 13th book in Kresley Cole's ever fabulous Immortals After Dark Series and the 1st in her The Dacians Series ...

Okay, so I am not sure why this book is part of the IAD Series......the only connection to that world is that the main character here , is one of Lothaire's many cousins, the assassin Trehan Daciano who made a very quick appearance at the end of Lothaire's book

Trehan is also the prince of the secret Vampire Realm Dacia, situated in the hell-plane of Abbaddon. He's
Sophia Triad
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Prince Trehan Christian Daciano (Dacian vampire) and Princess Bettina of Abaddon (Half demon / half sorceress)

"What else did you see of my life?"
She knew he would point out her weakness, her dependency on her guardians, her useless panting after Caspion.
"You view the world differently than I do."
"Of course I do. You're a brave warrior. I'm...not."
"You're an artist. You see beauty in so much, noting details I never you have seen. You gave a sensibility I could only imagine before." He parted hi
Audrey
Couldn't put it down!

I seriously love Kresley Cole's writing, and this book is no exception. The story was just so easy to read and super fun to follow. Even though the whole "Realm of Blood and Mist" thing is actually kinda off putting if you really try to visualize it, I nevertheless really enjoyed this book and particularly the no-nonsense vamp of a hero, Trehan Daciano.

Trehan.

*sigh*

Did someone order a tall, dark, serious, brooding, bookish-yet-deadly, super intelligent, fights-for-his-woman
✿Andrea✿
I hate to say it but I really didn't like this book. KC is one of my favorite authors, and I love all her other books, but this one...I just can't. The heroine Bettinadrove me nuts. Her thought process was annoying and childish and I couldn't understand her obession over Cas. Yes, he is her bff but come on, he's a whoring douche bag and she falls behind him like a love sick puppy.

She was aware of his love of whore houses and was even told the night she tried to get him to take her V card that h
Inés Izal
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, favoritos
Te odio Kresley, arruinaste mi vida.
description
¿Cómo se te ocurre crear otra serie? Yo que vivía sufriendo de amor por los Inmortales, y ahora me das a los Dacianos.
description
Declaro a Trehan Daciano EL MEJOR PROTAGONISTA MASCULINO DEL MUNDO.
Y ha Bettina LA MUJER MÁS INUTIL DEL MUNDO.

Él, un príncipe de un reino oculto, representando la justicia y la espada en Dacia. Un hombre que solo vive por y para el deber. Un hombre que AMA LEER. Protector de su familia, cariñoso, leal, dulce y encantador.
Rompe con todo lo que
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆

Vanilla & Spice Books - Blog

This'll be quick and I'll forgo recounting the plot in length and will dive right into my thoughts. It will also be somewhat spoiler-ish.

With this installment I'm all caught up with the Immortal After Dark Series. Not sure why I didn't read Shadow's Claim when it was its turn but I think it had something to do with the fact that it strayed from the original series and I figured I could just start it as an independent one. Not sure if this helped to see it in a cle
SheReadsALot
I think my love for this author's words are well documented. She's definitely one of my faves.

How? I'm still reading a series after how many years now? A decade? Little over, under?

I just open up the wallet and send over my ducats to anything remotely IAD related. I own the series, or the series owns me? Hmm...

So the Dacians...borne from one the best frigging vampires EVER, Lothaire. I will forever <3 this evil, diabolical creature. And the Dacians, his royal family are intriguing.

I finally
Ren
4 stars

I really love when Kresley Cole write about vampires! I think her vampires are the best. Best than her Lykae and Demon (no offense for their fans :P). Why I said this? Imagine that after they reach their immortality, their heart stop beating, all their body function stop working (yes, no sex either). And then when their mate, called Bride, finally come, she blooded them. Make them whole again. And from Wroth brothers (except, Murdoch maybe), Lothaire and Trehan, all prove themshelves that
Melanie
5+ stars!!! Sign me up for a one-way ticket to Dacia...

There's a reason why I love Kresley Cole's brand of paranormal romance - because it's hands down the best! It's sexy, smart, fun, sexy, compelling, and... just plain sexy - and 'Shadow's Claim' was all of that!

Every paranormal romance author has to build a "new" world and make up the "rules" by which players must adhere to - things like what it means to be a paranormalian in that world, what defines them, and often who is a mortal enemy of w
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I think this would have been a five star book, but some aspects towards the end spoiled that for me. I feel that Bettina's insecurity and her fixation on Caspion sort of ruins the romance a bit. I agree with her that it would make her seem fickle if she was totally in love with Cas for years, and then all of a sudden, she's crazy about a vampire she barely knows. However, I think Trehan did just about everything he could to prove how much she meant to him. He even turned his back on his whole cu ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 Stars

Trehan Christian Daciano….you sir are a force to be reckoned with, and a hot one at that.

“You don’t appear to be an afterthought with that one, dearest freakling. You appear to be the only thought.”

This isn’t really a spinoff, it incorporates many of the same things from the IAD series time lines and the many of the same characters. I would say that this should be the book you read directly after Lothaire since the timeline lines up semi-concurrently with that.

Reasons I totally liked
Katie
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

“One day you’ll convince me that you’ll always want him.” Just before he traced away, he murmured in her ear, “Take care, lest you lose a male who’ll desire only you—and gain a male who’ll desire only others.”

description

I loved everything about this book...especially Trehan! Damn, he puts all other vampire book boyfriends to SHAME! Sexy, possessive and deadly to others...just perfect!

Normally, I hate love triangles...but with a hero like Trehan, there really is no comparison between him and Caspion
Alexa
If Kresley Cole wrote it, I 'll read it. There's no doubt about that.
She has come to be one of the authors that I blindly trust to keep me company like a best friend does.
So. To the question at hand.
When is this baby going public?
Lisa Kay
...a mask...
★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) The swoonworthy Robert Petkoff continues to narrate this wonderful series and, what can I say? You know the expression, “I’d listen to him read the phone book...”? Yup. That applies here. Astounding ability with multiple accents and voice inflections, creating consistent characters.

As far a main characters, I’m racking my brain trying to think if I’ve ever disliked any of Cole’s previous heroines. I don’t believe so. Even Sabine, Sorceres
Heather C
I'm loving the Dacian's!

Of course the vampires have always been my favorite creatures of all the Lore. And I definielty loved that there were no Valkyrie in it other than Nix. Can't stand those bitches! Looking forward to the other Dacian cousins getting their HEA...hopefully.

♦ I really liked the storyline here: where Trehan had to court and fight to win Bettina. There was lots of hot sexual tension and gruesome fighting. But in the end, I got a little exhausted with it. (view spoiler)
Elodie Fremond
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
It's the first time I've ever felt disappointed while reading an IAD book. I had to force myself through some parts of the book, how sad is that?!!
And I mostly owe it to STUPID, PATHETIC, WIMPY, CHILDISH Bettina. How annoying can this chit be, seriously?
I wanted to slap her so many times! Compared to the other IAD heroines, she was so... boring. She was so weak compared to Elizabeth, and Elizabeth was a human. She didn't fight, for anything. She totally let Trehan down while he did everything
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Dec 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: IAD fans
3.5... Enjoyed it, but can't say I loved it.

Bettina and Trehan's relationship? It's complicated. (Nothing really new in this Lorean mating.)

Bettina loves death demon Caspion. Caspion loves to rut. Trehan travels to their demon realm to kill Caspion - no only a select few Dacians are allowed to leave the Realm of Blood and Mist and are visitors get a welcome to Hotel California. (Caspion snuck out of the blood realm.) Meanwhile, Bettina is recovering from a vicious beating with 'hate crime' writ
Yuzai
Nov 09, 2011 marked it as to-read
From Kresley Cole's Facebook page,

"I'd like to announce The Realm of Blood and Mist, my paperback spin-off series of the IAD that follows the Dacians (those thought-to-be-mythic vampires). Book 1 is called SHADOW'S CLAIM (available for pre-order here: http://amzn.to/srRVHs) This is my first new series in over five years, and I can't wait to share those sexy, powerful characters with you. Perhaps you'll get to know them in LOTHAIRE . . . ? ;)"

sooooooooooo EXCITED! hehehe :D
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Bettina, the princess and heir of The Deathly Ones, was attacked, beaten and had her sorceress power stolen. Her godparents decided to hold a tournament for contestants to battle for her hand and the kingdom. Bettina doesn't want to marry anyone other than the man she's been in love with her whole life, Caspion, and she decides to seduce him. Unfortunately, she drinks too much and passes out. When she comes to, she thinks Caspion is in her bed. Turns out it's Trehan, Prince of Shadows, who has c ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Kresley Cole has a unique way of writing that pulls readers right in until you feel as if you are transferred into one of her books. With her unique signature humor and larger than life characters, readers are completely immersed in the Lore of immortals with no intention of leaving. I get this feeling every time I read a Kresley Cole book and SHADOW'S CLAIM is no exception.

Trehan is an exceptional hero. Arrogant, deadly and sexy, he possessed all that a woman could want in a leading man. For me
D.B. Reynolds
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Kresley Cole's writing and the Immortals After Dark series. Shadow's Claim isn't really a spin-off as much as it is a slight branching of the IAD series to introduce the Dacian characters. And I can already see future books from the supporting characters in this story. I just hope one of them isn't Caspian, because I didn't like him at all.

But back to this book ... The Dacians are the race of vampires who rejected Lothaire and his mother all those centuries ago, and whom Lothaire swore ve
Felicia
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was read for the Vaginal Fantasy group. I enjoyed it, but, like all of this author's books, I feel like the style is a BIT immature. The main character, Bettina, annoyed me a bit, but the main dude was a stud and a half, and this was fun enough for romance popcorn reading for sure!
Dinjolina
If I could have sex with this book --> I 100% would.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read this review on Got Fiction? Books

This is what KC said about the cover, and wow, do I agree!

"I put in a few cover requests for this one. I wanted to have the hero looking like he’d just returned from punishing the heroine’s enemies, basically a “you mess with her, you’ll see a man get
mean” scenario. I requested mud on his grim face, a menacing stare that says “you’re next,” stuff exploding in the background, clothes all ripped up. And the art department delivered! That, my friends, is Treh
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
3 - 3.5 stars.

I'm not sure on my rating. It's probably because I went in with super low expectations, thinking it'd be a disaster, but it wasn't. This book didn't annoy me. Sure, Bettina did on occasion, but not really Trehan. I think what I liked about this book was reading about a new demon kingdom, Bettina's sassy servant, and Morgana, Queen of all Sorceri's apathetic attitude. Oh, and there's lots of fighting between many different species.

Characters:
Bettina - rather obtuse, but that's fro
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
HOW DID I MESS THIS?!
I don't even know who's book this is, or what's it about. I'm just thankful to be back in this world. YAYY more Immortals After Dark for me. Man, i'm telling you, this series is like crack.

AJ
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Once again, Kresley Cole has taken me on another heart-pumping, action-packed journey that is laugh-out-loud funny, deliciously sexy and beautifully romantic, all set within a strong and well-developed paranormal world that I blissfully lose myself in each and every time I pick up one of these books.

Still a part of the Immortals After Dark series, this is the first in the Dacians books, a species that were introduced in Lothaire, and who are an intriguing bunch who effortlessly fit in
Immortals After Dark: * Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Book #1) 109 416 Mar 04, 2016 01:37PM
Vaginal Fantasy B...: MAIN: Shadow's Claim Discussion *SPOILERS* 213 653 Nov 20, 2013 08:00PM
Similar world/characters? 10 96 Sep 04, 2013 06:01PM
Kristoff Imprisoned ? (spoiler) 5 146 Jul 01, 2013 01:23AM
Vaginal Fantasy B...: * Submit You Questions for this Week's Hangout Here! 89 362 Jun 03, 2013 02:52PM
Vaginal Fantasy B...: Shadow's Claim Casting 31 181 May 28, 2013 08:08PM
PNR/UF Addicts & ...: The Dacians seires - Kresley Cole 9 87 May 17, 2013 07:10PM
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3; Immortals After Dark #1)
  • Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
  • How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (Dragon Kin, #6)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark #8)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
“A king of a kingdom no one fucking knows about! I'm the tree in the forest that silently falls--when no one is around to be crushed! [Lothaire, Enemy of Old]” 67 likes
“I lived in the royal library, among all the books."
"You resided in a... library?"
"There were suites inside and great balconies that overlooked the city, but yes. I was most content among those shelves, so one night, I simply never left.”
45 likes