Start by marking “Julia in Ireland (Julia Probyn #8)” as Want to Read:
Julia in Ireland  (Julia Probyn #8)

Julia in Ireland

(Julia Probyn #8)

While on her last assignment with British Intelligence in Morocco, the widowed Julia Probyn Jamieson meets and is strongly attracted to an Irish country lawyer, Gerald O'Brien, who is travelling with friends of hers. O'Brien has asked Julia to marry him but she delays her decision until he has met her five-year-old son Philip, who is somewhat hard to handle.

Boy and man tak
Published December 20th 2012 by Bloomsbury Reader (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Julia in Ireland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Julia in Ireland

Jeanette
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable and easy read, even though it was a little on the slow side. I think in all fairness, it would have been better to have have read the previous books in the series. I have never been to Ireland and now want to visit after reading the wonderful descriptions.

My thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for my copy. This is my honest review.
Julie
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british-mystery
This is the second in her series that I have read. It was quick and I liked reading it.Not a whole lot happened, but it was very readable and I liked the Irish setting.
Gail Wylde
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This was a very quick easy read and although nothing really much happens it's still quite a nice story. I think it would make a nice TV series for Sunday afternoon viewing, the Irish countryside would make a stunning backdrop to this. This is the second book I have read if this series but I don't think I will read any more as I do like something to happen in the books I read!
Thank you Netgalley.
Rating: 4
Book Blog For: GMTA
Series: Julia Probyn #8
Review:

"Julia In Ireland" by Ann Bridge was the last book in this author's 'Julia Probyn' espionage series. This will be a mystery read of Julia's visit to Ireland with Gerald O'Brien has as asked her to marry her. While Julia is on this vacation, it will be interrupted when she "stumbles upon a plot by an unknown land speculator who, with the unwittin
Susan
Oct 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
The last book in the Julia Probyn espionage series centers around Julia's visit to Western Ireland with a local attorney to decide if she will marry him and around a plot to build a large tourist development on the coast that they both want to avert. Beautiful descriptions of the little towns, farms, coast and local characters.
Sara
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to give JULIA IN IRELAND an enthusiastic 4, but am settling for a respectable 3. It's always a pleasure to be back in Julia's company, with her stylish ways, busy globetrotting and sleuthing with a bit of romance in the air. This final book in the series, however, felt somehow tired and lackluster. Still no regrets, and I look forward to rereading the whole series some time.
Carol Kerry-green
Apr 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Though I enjoyed reading this and catching up with Julia and her family once more, I didn't think it was any where near as good as the earlier books about her. The mystery was just, well, not mysterious.
Anne
Dec 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
SOOO boring!
Theresa
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun....certainly dated but nice to see Julia happy.
Jody Arnold
Jan 08, 2019
Wordweaverlynn
Jul 11, 2014
Annarella
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book, very entertaining and with lovely description of Ireland. It was a fast read and it's well written.
Really enjoyed it.
Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher.
charmian barnes
Suzi
Jan 05, 2012
Elizabeth Bentley
Oct 08, 2012
Mid twentieth-century novelist [real name, Mary Anne O'Malley] who began by exploiting the milieu of the British Foreign Office community in Peking, China, where she lived for two years with her diplomat husband. Her novels combine courtship plots with vividly-realised settings and demure social satire.

She went on to write novels which take as the background of their protagonists' emotional lives

Julia Probyn (8 books)
  • The Lighthearted Quest
  • The Portuguese Escape
  • The Numbered Account (Julia Probyn #3)
  • The Dangerous Islands