Start by marking “Compelled (The Adam Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Compelled (The Adam Chronicles, #2)

Compelled (The Sanctuary War #1)

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  206 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Short story.

This morning, Adamo was a blind acolyte living in a monastery for the past twenty-five years. Tonight, he's the newest vampire in a clan of ruthless killers and his maker, Juliet, is determined to turn him into another remorseless demon - even if she has to strip his free will.

#2 of The Adam Chronicles. Part of The Sanctuary War series.
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published September 11th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Compelled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Compelled

Red Lace Reviews
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of short vampire stories
Adamo is merely a new pet to his maker, Juliet. Seeing to her every need and playing her games is certainly not what Adamo wants. When he finally sees a chance to escape, he takes it.

What is it about these short stories that I love so much? It's the superb writing- the way a scene plays out, the way the characters feel real and the excitment of not knowing what will come next. I love it!

Usually short stories aren't that great, but it's the opposite with Carla Krae.

I really feel for Adamo- he's
M3tamorphasis11
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was entertaining for a minute there. Like standing in line at the bank kinda minute.
Netanella
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
This short story is like those proverbial bag of airplane peanuts - not quite satisfying, but you sure want more. Good job, Ms. Carla Krae! My curiousity is piqued!
Sónia Tigol
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked. It was a captivating paranormal story. I liked the short story and the characters a lot. It was time well spent.
Kenecia
Way too short. Longer than the prequel, but short just the same. And yes, I understand the concept of a short story, but I don't understand an abrupt ending where the reader is left speechless. I was shocked because there was nothing left and there's so much more to be told. More to be contemplated.

So Adamo is compelled by Juliet, his maker, because he feels as though he is evil and wants to be free. She makes him do horrible things (in his mind) until finally he decides, after a year, that he's
Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult vampire lovers
I read this very short story in a few hours and it was fairly well written. I appreciated that the religious man that was turned to a vampire would not totally submit to being compelled by his maker. Perhaps he could hold out because he had once been a religious man. His female vampire maker tortured and played with him throughout the short story, trying to drive him to madness. It was not particularly gruesome, but more a short tale of this man's survival. I don't usually read short stories, bu ...more
Delaney  Burton
I liked this story but found it lacking a little so I am giving it 3 stars. It might be because I read it before the 1st but I think they way my ebook is I had the 1st too. Could quite figure it out on here on this site. But I am going to get the 1st and the 3rd and give them a try and see were it goes.
Daniel
Sep 19, 2012
MsBDiamondDiva1
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story picks up right "A Reluctant Vampire" and Adamo is still not giving completely into Juliet's unnatural ways. In this short story, you will start to see that Adamo is not as weak as they all think he is and you why Vittore is so jealous of Adamo. I really love this short stories, the only thing I don't love is that they are so short :-( I want more please!!! And thank you! :-)
Mily Lou
Finished!!! I don't know what to say about this book. Before it started to get good It finished. I was like WHAT!!!!! WHAT, DID THE BOOK JUST FINISH. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT? I was looking through my Kindle and just felt speech less that is was done so fast. I think it was about 1 hour long. I just don't know what to say it finish fast to the point that I can't type a review.

3 stars!!!
  • Soul Mate
  • Another Sip [Part 1 Intro: The Hunt] (The V V Inn)
  • Vampire Assassin (Jane #1)
  • Soul of the Dragon (Soul, #1)
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • Birthrights (The Awakening Trilogy #1)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • The Werewolf Liaison: Part One (Billionaires After Dark #1)
  • One Last Bite
  • Powerful Magic
  • Micah's Magick (Elemental Witches, #4.5)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Incredible Dreams
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Wanted (Thief of Hearts Trilogy, #1)
  • Vampires vs. Werewolves (Vampire Love Story, #4)
  • 'Til We Meet Again
Fiction writer. Sci-fi lover. Trained vocalist. Cat mom. Carla Krae lives in California with two crazy cats and a tech guy. Carla has been a bestselling author on Amazon.

More about Carla Krae...

The Sanctuary War (4 books)
  • Becoming Seven: Year One (The Sanctuary War, #2.1)
  • Becoming Seven: Year Two (The Sanctuary War, #2.2)
  • Becoming Seven: Year Three (The Sanctuary War, #2.3)