Start by marking “Mind Over Mind” as Want to Read:
Mind Over Mind

Mind Over Mind

Published August 8th 2011 by Dragon Moon Press (first published July 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Over Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Over Mind

Start your review of Mind Over Mind
Karen Boyce
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most of you who follow my book reviews know that this is only the second time that I have reviewed a Science Fiction work. I only do it when the work is extraordinary. Mind Over Mind fits that bill. I couldn’t put the novel down. It kept me up late and got me up early. And that doesn’t appear to be the end. Mind Over Mind is the first of a trilogy and if the first book is any indication of the strength of the next two books, my summer reading list has grown.

Fabian weaves a tale that captivated
Erin Lale
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Mind Over Mind is the story of a transformational friendship between two young men, set in an insane asylum. A cocky young intern befriends a patient who believes he is psychic and helps him cope with life and with what may or may not be his special powers. The young mens’ lives run on an inverted parallel as the intern pursues romance with a nurse and the patient is pressured to give up his fantasy woman to be considered normal. It’s a coming-of-age story under the most trying circumstances.

I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Mind Over Mind is the story of two boys. One, Joshua, is a psychology intern trying to prove himself while overcoming his past. The other, Ydrel, is a patient at a mental institution who believes he has psychic powers. Asked to befriend Ydrel in order to better understand him, Joshua isn’t sure whether Ydrel’s experiences are real or merely hallucinations—but it “shouldn’t matter” in order to prepare him for the real world.

Sep 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-list
A friend, whose taste I highly respect, predicted that Mind Over Mind would be Karina Fabian's breakout novel.

After savoring it, rushing through it, and all but writing the author to demand the sequel, I have to agree.

It has all the elements of a good story, a bit of romance, a mind-tickling plot, and characters who are fun to spend time with.

As a thumbnail review, I know this lacks a lot, but I so hate ruining a story for other people. This earned all five of the stars I gave it and I'm
Jenn Andrew
Mind Over Mind starts off right into the story, introducing the two main characters and where they are in relation to the scene. Karina L. Fabian gives the reader insight into their characteristics and gets right into the meat of the story by providing the reader with the problems that are faced by both of them.

Ydrel is a student patient at an institution because he is a cause of danger to himself and others. He has an uncanny ability to absorb the emotions of those around him. He hears voices
V.L. Jennings
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY Give this book 5 Stars!

A brilliantly engaging novel that will keep you glued to its pages till the very end!

Karina Fabian is a brilliantly amazing storyteller! Mind Over Mind is an enthralling and entertaining read full of excitement and mystery! I couldn't put it down! Her characters come alive on the page; their struggles both on the emotional level and in the real world are poignant and truly believable. Unlike other books with their cardboard one dimensional characters, her
Timothy Ward
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I heard that the main character, Ydrel, was a telepath empowered by an alien only he can see and hear, I had to buy it. I am writing a book with telepaths and so I came at this book from a researcher's perspective. What Karina gave me was more than I anticipated. Here's a rapid-fire list of what this book offers:

*Solid, clear-cut writing. She keeps it fresh, insightful, emotional, fun, and rewarding.

*Three point-of-view characters with emotional investment and story lines that keep you
Jennifer Walker
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind Over Mind is a very interesting take on science fiction, in that we see very little of the science fiction aspect of the story, and what we do see comes in flashes through Ydrel's dreams. The concept of Neuro Linguistic Programming is a real concept, and it was interesting to read about being used in the book. However, I do wish that more of the story had centered on that and on Ydrel's struggles--I felt Joshua's romance with Sachiko distracted just a bit too much from what I thought the ...more
Sean Randall
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page-turner and no mistake. I'm keen to read more and may have to buy some. The NLP was intriguing, the religion important but not overblown and the psychology absolutely crackling.
Nissa Annakindt
May 20, 2012
Karina Fabian
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
Carol Kean
Mar 21, 2013
Jamie Wilson
Mar 28, 2013
Karina Fabian is a science fiction and fantasy writers, author of 16 novels, three anthologies, a devotional and many stories and articles. Her latest science fiction novel, Discovery, features religious sisters in space, and she’s working on rebooting her DragonEye series, which stars a snarky dragon working under the direction of the Church. She teaches writing and is an active member of the ...more