Start by marking “I Heart London (I Heart, #5)” as Want to Read:
I Heart London (I Heart, #5)

I Heart London

(I Heart #5)

Home is where the heart is. Right? Angela Clark has fallen in love with America -- and it's starting to love her back. Throw one expired visa into the mix, and things quickly take a turn for the worse. She might love her life as a Brit in New York, but now she has no choice but to return to London. Not only does she leave behind her gorgeous boyfriend Alex -- she must also ...more
Published June 7th 2012 by Harper (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about I Heart London, please sign up.

Start your review of I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
Irena BookDustMagic
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome sequel to an awesome series!

I'm really not in the mood to write a review, but I'll just say that if you're a fan of I Heart books, you will love this one.

While reading:

Angela, Angela... first you say that Justin Bieber deserves to be in the same circle of Hell as Adolf Hitler, and now you want to become his official Twitter chronicler?

description

That's not how you do it!
Either hate or love!
Elle's Book Blog
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Release Date: June 7, 2012
Genre: Chick Lit

Lindsey Kelk is one of my all time favorite chick lit authors and it's simply because of THIS series. Sure, I have read two of her other books outside the series and loved those too but this one gets me every time. I have actually been scrambling to read these books in anticipation for her latest novel, I Heart Forever, which just released today! So I only have one more book to go before I can dive into that one. That said, I am super excited because
I Heart London is the fifth installment in Lindsey Kelk's chick-lit series titled: I Heart. The books in this series have been hit or miss with me (mostly hit though) but this one was pretty low on my personal enjoyment radar. Ms. Kelk's amazing humor seemed to be missing for the most part and in its place was unflattering bickering, jealousy, limit testing, what-if's, expectations, and this series' trademark communication issues. I did enjoy seeing more of Angela's London family, but I had it u ...more
Bookevin
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rating : Could I give this a 6/5?

Angela’s back on home turf – and in her biggest romantic scrape yet…

Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York – and it’s starting to love her back.
But when she’s summoned home to England, she’s at risk of losing her shiny new life to rain, warm beer and bad memories. Talk about stepping back in time
There’s Mark, the ex-boyfriend – who she ran to New York to get away from.
There’s Louisa, her best friend, with her terrifying new baby.
And there’s her mum, still
Hannah
Jenna Geary
Mar 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fluff, chick-lit, romance
This series started off with a BANG ! .....Then it just went downhill.
The 5 books basically told exactly the same story . I even skipped I heart Las Vegas, because it was that predictable, and what do you know ? Nothing changed .

The characters for me had very little depth and I couldn't connect with them or see how they could feel such a close tie towards each other.

Angela.
The main character which these books are based around, started off being this woman who wasn't superficial with a pretty
Chelsey
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Of course I liked this book because I have loved the series.
But it wasn't my favorite book out of the whole "I Heart" series. I think my favorites are NewYork, Vegas, and Paris.
Anyway, moving on...

What I liked:
- Angela's quirky personality shines through
- Alex is adorable. I love how much in love with her he is. Seriously, who wouldn't want their boyfriend to write love songs about you? And say in public that you were the ONE? SIGH**
- Things work out very well for Ms. Clark. I won't give a
Belle
WOW WHAT A GREAT SERIES. I literally consumed this series in two days tops. (I say consumed, because it was so delicious to read)

The humour, the characters, the drama, the awkward situations only she could get into, the hidden secrets, the fear, the adventures around the town, the bitches, the friends and most of all the LOVE made me gaga for this series. (off topic, but whenever I think of Vegas,I think of "ma ma ma Poker face, ma ma poker face" by Lady Gaga)

The only part of this series that a
Luise
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm happy to announce that Angela's fifth adventure started off very well.

Maybe it was a good sign that this time it's not Angela digging herself deeper into whatever-hole-of-mess. Instead, Jenny is down there after a break up. In a totally non-exaggerating way, of course. I mean, six months of crying, alcohol and rebound shagging sounds pretty reasonable to me.

So anyway, Angela finally returns home to England to attend her mother's birthday party and officially introduce her fiancé Alex. They
Anja
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the fifth part of the series Angela comes back to England for her mother's birthday. Of course she takes her fiancé Alex with her to finally let him meet her family, and even her American best friend Jenny tags along.
Also, a wedding is due all of a sudden and it takes a lot to plan it at such short notice. Especially with two best friends who seem to be hating each other passionately.
And then there's this big work presentation in London, which is to decide about Angela's future in New York.
S
Rosie
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I must admit, after the past couple of books in the I Heart series I was worried about what this one would be like. I didn’t get on with Angela in Paris of Vegas so was pleasantly surprised that this Angela was the one that I loved in New York and Hollywood.

The last installment found Angela and Alex getting engaged so, of course, the talk of a wedding was the central focus of the novel - more so than what Angela would have actually wanted! The book starts with Angela trying to make her and Delia
Rea Cobb
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Lindsey Kelk and I have loved every one of her books. I have eagerly been waiting to read her newest release I Heart London but with so many books lined up to review it was taking a back seat. After reading Fifty Shades of Grey I was eager to get back to my chick lit and so I decided to go down town and pick up my copy of I Heart London which was easily recognised on the shelf by its fantastic cover.

Angela and Jenny are back with a bang. After a phone call from Angela’s mum de
Kimbie
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-series
What a great series!!

I wish I could personally thank Lindsey Kelk for the every single word she wrote! I had awesome literary nights full of laughter, giggles, grunting even roaring. Could only be a sign of how well she writers her stories.

Each book has given us an amazing adventure to go along with and this one was no different. Returning to London is great, we get to know more about Angie's life before the actual run-away (or should I say fly-away) to New York City. She's back in her 'normal'
Love Fool
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Home is where the heart is. Right? Angela Clark might love her life as a Brit in New York, but now she has no choice but to return to London. Not only does she leave behind her gorgeous boyfriend Alex -- she must also face unfinished business back on home turf. There's the ex-boyfriend -- who she moved to New York to get away from.

First off, I didn't realize this was a series before I read it. I thought that was going to ruin it for me however, Lindsey Kelk did a great job of explaining things.
Elaine
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 4-stars
I really enjoyed this book even if some of the charcter's actions grated on my nerves sometimes. I'm a fan of Angela and her adventures especially when in need of something easy to read. This edition didn't disappoint. I'm off to read I Heart Christmas - afterall it's the season... :) ...more
Nida Kazi
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*******MILD SPOILERS******

Gah! I loved this book so much! I was so not expecting the whole wedding situation. I was scared for them but it turned out pretty good. I've always considered Lindsey Kelk books LOL funny but in this one I LOL when the wedding cake arrived. So so good.

And don't even get me started on a bitch I wouldn't spoil the name but you must have already have a clue about who am I talking about.

By the way, Acute representation of how to survive a last minute /(week) wedding shena
Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic)
Jan 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Those who love far-fetched but fun escapism.
description
This review was originally published on Blogs of a Bookaholic.

Selfishness runs riot in this lackluster installment of one of my favourite series.
‘Ohh dear’ is pretty much the phrase I would use to sum up this book, perhaps with an ‘exasperated’ or ‘deflated’ on the side. Seriously, Lindsey Kelk, what the heck happened with this book? Over the past year the I Heart series has become my go-to for when I’m in the mood for something lightweight, fun and romantic that is farfetched but in the best po
Anjana
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
After listening to so many of my friends rave about Lindsey Kelk's I Heart Series for months, I finally decided to give it a shot. I have to say that from I Heart New York, right up until I Hear Vegas, I wanted to kiss everyone who recommended this series to me - I loved it!
With each book, I was worried that it wouldn't be as good as the previous one in the series but somehow, Kelk has managed to keep the magic through it all, if not make it better.

So, I'm not exaggerating when I say that when
Louise Kemp
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
***** CONTAINS SPOILERS *****

We left Angela and Alex happily engaged in the previous book I Heart Vegas, so as expected this book is focusing on the big wedding day, of course were talking Angela here so nothing runs smoothly !! Angela is heading home for her mums birthday and a big career changing presentation for her new business venture Gloss magazine.
While here in London with Alex and Jenny in toe the drama of planning a wedding continues to unfold with some predictable but funny consequence
Limau Nipis
The story was quite OK, I guess.

I was trying to read Lindsey Kelk's books after my bookaholic online friends were raving about her. Sometimes I think this book got the perfect moment captured, sometimes it just way veered out of the moment.

And, wow, talking about weddings, this book took the wedding disaster to a whole new level. I am not sure whether I am going to like this kind of rushed on wedding planning, with just a week in hand. I would prefer a more elaborate planning (yes, I am freak th
Rosie Review
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
Taken from my blog www.rosiereview.wordpress.com

This book is a must for anyone who’s been reading the I heart… series. Never have I read a series so religiously. First with I Heart New York and then Lindsey treated us with LA, Paris, Vegas and now London (with a Jenny novela slotted in for the ebook readers) The latest edition doesn’t disappoint. Its got lots of funny bits, witty humor and drama you’d expect from Angela, Jenny and Alex. Such an easy read which is hard to put down, this book took
Emma S Rice
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Again, another brilliant episode in Angela Clark’s life. I love that each book takes a few weeks and goes into detail about Angela’s life and the people in it. I love her relationship with Louise and Jenny and seeing how the two interact together was a hoot.
I was glad the ending happened the way it did, although I was a little let down after such a big build up. I won’t say anymore less to ruin it for prospective readers.
Ramla Zareen Ahmad
2.5 STARS= Average= Readable= I found it just OK.
Amela
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dislike
*1.5 stars? Maybe?*
What an actual fucking mess. I’m genuinely surprised I managed to get through the whole thing!!! Writing was a fucking disaster, the characters (except for Alex) were all a cringe-fest, the story itself was problematic, there was glorifying non-consensual sexual touching, stereotypical characters, and the plot??? Can someone tell me the point??? Disaster. True disaster. Don’t read it lmao.
Jennifer Saliba
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm not really a fan of chick lit but at times I don't mind the occasional light read. And what better times than covid times to go for something light? An okay read which I liked, nothing outstanding about it, but outstanding is not a word I'd associate with this series. Still, a light read which served its purpose. Silly and over the top at times but ultimately good fun. ...more
Dhawal Dhingra
Aug 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
I've never used such strong words for any of the books I've read but i absolutely hated it! The characters are annoying. The story is boring as f. An entire novel just on a wedding!? That too with cliched elements like ex turning up on wedding day, things going wrong on wedding day. ...more
Angel White
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
What else is there to say except this is typical Angela...absolute chaos filled with lots of laughter, irritation and love. This series has been up and down for me, but overall I love it. Next up is Christmas!! Seriously excited for that one.
Alicia Gebert
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series! It’s fun, light, cute, a little over the top at times but I don’t care!
Kimche
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Didnt realise it was part of a series, might have made it a bit more enjoyable if i started with book 1. So predictable and to be honest, it made me go "meh" at the end of it. ...more
Amanda
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved getting to know Angela's family better in this installment, such a fun read! ...more

• One Perfect Summer (One Perfect #1)
  • Pictures of Lily
  • The Longest Holiday
  • Baby Be Mine (Johnny Be Good, #2)
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Chasing Daisy
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • Johnny's Girl (Johnny Be Good, #2.5)
  • Five Years From Now
  • Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)
  • Welcome to My World
  • Thirteen Weddings
  • A Christmas Wedding
  • The Last Piece of My Heart
  • The One We Fell in Love With
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Jessie Jefferson, #2)
  • Wilde Women
  • The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson, #1)
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.

I Heart (8 books)
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart, #7)
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, #8)

News & Interviews