Start by marking “Sword of the Raven” as Want to Read:
Sword of the Raven

Sword of the Raven

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  362 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
When destiny calls, you don’t hit ignore...

Delaney Morgan’s ho-hum life begins to fray around the edges when her cop brother is framed and imprisoned. Determined to exonerate him, she starts poking her nose where it doesn’t belong. Things go from extra-ordinary to extraordinary with her discovery of Mr. Tall, Dark, and Naked washed up on a deserted Oregon beach.

Rowan MacLa
Published October 25th 2011 (first published October 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sword of the Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sword of the Raven

Daisy Sloan
I picked up Sword of the Raven for free from Amazon and boy am I glad I did! It’s a fantastic book by an author that is new to me. I loved this story and could not put it down!

Delaney is searching for proof that her brother is innocent in the crimes he’s been placed in prison for. Along the way she finds out her world and life are not what she originally thought. Delaney gets plunged into the world of the supernatural and finds out she has mystical powers that will help fight the war against evi
Lori McD
Michelle
Synopsis:-

When destiny calls...you don't hit ignore.

Delaney Morgan's ho-hum life begins to fray around the edges when her cop brother is framed and imprisoned. Determined to exonerate him, she starts poking her nose where it doesn't belong. Things go from extra-ordinary to extraordinary when she finds Mr. Tall, Dark, and Naked washed up on a deserted Oregon beach.

Rowan MacLachlan is no ordinary man. He's a semi-immortal Highlander. A Water Mage, Supernatural Enforcer...and since the slaughter of
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Sword of the Raven is a story full of action, major emotional turmoil, myths, a variety of paranormal beings, humor and some pretty darn hot smexin!!!

Delaney isn't just having one of those days, she's had one of those lives. Currently, her brother is in jail for something he didn't do and she is secretly investigating so she can prove his innocence. While investigating she wonders upon an unconscious NAKED SEXY HUNK of a man laying on a deserted bit of beach near the cottage she is staying in. R
Jeanette
OMG!!! I LOVED this book and could not put it down; I finished it in a matter of HOURS. It had the perfect dose of everything: action, romance, some laughs and a whole lot of steamy sex. I'm so pissed that it ENDED!!! Love Diana Duncan and she is on my list of favs!!!
Yodamom
4.5 stars- I really enjoyed this fantasy filled with celtic mythologies. We follow a young girl who finds out her life is not what she thinks it is. it all started with a walk on the beach and a great find, an ancient celtic necklace and then finds a naked hunky man washed up on shore. (why can't I ever find one of these on the beach ?) He is an Enforcer sent to guide her on a path through different realms, and teaching her on top of protecting her from.. ? They both trip, fall, knock around and ...more
Ellen
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-r-c-g
I got this as a freeby on amazon and I am so glad That I did.
Ms. Duncan really grab my attention by the throat from the opening page and does not let up until the unbelievable end. The book is full of twist, turns, and surprises that made me keep turning the pages to see what was next. I had a hard time putting it down.
Rowan was someone any woman could fall in love with. I love that Delaney was a loyal, strong heroine. She was willing to do anything or sacrifice anything for those she loved. Yo
Kathie (katmom)
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What fun! First I thought Rowan was one of those time traveling Highlanders...but no, and he's not a super hero or an alien either. What he is was fascinating!

And Delaney, I like her. She goes after what she needs and wants.

The Celtic mythology here was very adeptly stirred and then shaken.

There are some HOT scenes, and some tender ones, too. I was on the edge of my seat a couple of times, wondering how it was all going to work out.

Although this had most of the ends tied up, and was a very sat
Sarah Louise
Dec 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, kindle
Free on amazon
Hbeebti
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!
Barbara ★
I liked this story but it reads as if it's book two in a series but it's not tagged that way. I liked the Celtic mythology and the Scottish mage. I'm actually hoping it is part of a series since it kind of left things hanging. I'll be searching for more books by this author and hopefully coming across another one that seems to be part of this series.
Sandi Layne
This was recommended to me as a fun work of Celtic-themed fiction.

And I guess it was. The Gaeilge certainly abounded and I enjoyed it. The inclusion of the ancient stories of the Tuatha Dé Danaan were familiar but interpreted differently, here. The way the ancient rites had infiltrated the modern world was. . .all right. I was not swept away but I was intrigued enough to continue to the end.

The romance between Delaney and Rowan was very intense. Not instant gratification but a build up to their
Suz
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, kindle, fantasy, romance
This book wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was pretty decent.

Delaney, a girl struggling to clear her ex-cop brother, finds Rowan, a immortal/semi-immortal Scottish "Enforcer" (supernatural cop type) washed up on the shore.

Turns out he was being held and tortured by a dark goddess, who is involved with the people who framed her brother. Somehow Delaney's destiny is all tied up with what's going on as well.

So they join forces to kick ass, in the meantime, doing the romance thing.

The book
Heidi
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those paranormal romances that had a lot of twists and turns that kept you captured until you finished it! The characters were new and different with a unique set of powers and the story line was not the same old girl meets semi immortal magi who has the physique of a God. Oh wait maybe it is but you will not be disappointed that Rowan is as sexy as he is. With enforcer powers he becomes the protector and mentor for the girl who just happened to find him washed up on the shore. S ...more
Ina M.
Feb 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
"The man had a sex-god mouth... the bottom lip sensually full, the top lip chiseled into a fine arch. That luscious mouth could tempt angels into carnal sin." If you're a fan of Mills & Boon, you'll probably like this book... I could not bring myself to read beyond that point. It's in the first chapter. And follows a bagful of clichés and excessive drooling on the part of the main character after she finds a naked, battered man on the shore. I simply could not stomach it. It's only too easy ...more
Renee
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A better-than-usual paranormal Celtic romance with a spunky realistic heroine and a hunky magic mage, this book was a rather delightful e-book read. I think I picked it up for free, but I liked the main characters: Rowan and Delaney, and the colorful cast of supporting characters (mostly two dimensional) added to the "feeling" of the book. I liked that Delaney was given real-life problems and a realistic best friend. Rowan is just a hunk-o-man, always "ready" if you know what I mean.... but the ...more
 Patches Braz
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It did take awhile to figure out what this book was about, Not that I wanted to put it down! I knew that it was going to be good just by the writing style. I Was Not Disappointed!! This book contains it all to keep you right on turning each page to see what happens next! I moaned, I cried, I cheered, I laughed, I help my breathe!

The Characters were awesome. I wish the 2nd in this series was out:(:( I will wait and just reread this book till then.

I Highly Recommend this Paranormal, Magical, Roman
Cara
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great read it was amazing! Love the characters and supernatural creatures fairies and Mage's and wear people! The story takes you an an emotional roller coaster with Delaney and Rowan trying to over come their past and love again I just loved it! Really hoping that Diane writes a part two to this book it ended with that in mind I am guessing. For sure worth the read if you love magical creatures with a touch of evil creatures and two souls destined to unite and find love instead of despair. LOVE ...more
Angela James
Dec 29, 2012 added it
Shelves: 2012, dnf
I thought this was a book with tremendous potential that could have benefited from a strong editor to help with pacing and making the world building come together. This author has a lot of talent and the writing was quite good, but the pacing was slow in the first 1/3, despite a lot happening. And the pieces of the world/story never quite came together smoothly, making the reader feel always about one step behind. Still, a lot of potential here.
Petula
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a magical romance. Delaney is determined to prove her brother is not a criminal. While she is watching the beach house of the crooked judge a naked man washes up on the beach. Rowen is a water mage . Then things start to get weird. Very good weird. There are demons to fight. Powers to hone and love to discover. Marvellous. Judging from the ending it is the first of a series. Now I will have to look for the next one. ADULTS ONLY. sexy.
Estrella Perotti
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I think I didn't begin my 2013 readings very well. This book is a twisted combination between adventure and erotica genre and I don't know if I like it at all or I may say, too much for my taste. Ok, you can have an erotic scene in this kind of book but not soooooo much please, you loose the track of the story....
Jolie
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was GREAT!! If you like Celtic mythology woven into a fantasy story...this is the book for you. The chemistry between Rowan and Delaney was unbelievable. Both back stories were heartbreaking and I will tell you that this is one of the few books that I have actually cried while reading. I can't wait to read the next book!!
Kim Raeder-
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun steamy beach read. Lord of the rings(celtic style) - meets Stephanie plum - meets 50 shades of gray. I received it free for a one day kindle special. Half heartily I started reading it, and before I knew it I was totally engrossed. At the end of the book I thought, well that was an unexpectadly fun ride!
Chelsea
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprisingly really good book. There was a lot of mythology in this, Celtic etc and it was amazing! :) If you like mythology books and twists and turns that will keep you wondering what/who everyone is you should check out this book :)
Melanie
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book was pretty awesome to read! Love the action and description of powers. The one thing I had a hard time with was some vital information was lacking or it wasn't explained in a way that was related to the scene taking place. But overall, definitely a fun and exciting book to read.
Barb  Drenth
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story teller!

I loved this book, the first I have read by author Diana Duncan. The story kept my attention and i appreciated the twists and turns. Looking forward to reading more of her work.
Brooke
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
this turned out to be a really great book!! I loved that the storyline had depth and detail... bringing the reader inside the paranormal realm the author created...entwined with a riveting love story... fabulous read!!!
Tonia Uzelac
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Loved it .. And a kindle freebie to boot :) The Celtic mythology and Scottish highlander Mage make this story thoroughly enjoyable. Delaney Morgan is also a strong female character / warrior goddess who in the end, gets her man. A good summer read!
Carol
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rockin' Book!!!! Cannot wait for the rest of the series.
heather johnson
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a great story

It took a moment to get really sucked in but then I couldn't put it down. I look forward to reading more from Diana Duncan
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Unleashed (The MacLauchlans, #1-3)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Phantom Pleasures (Phantom, #1)
  • Irish Moon (Moon Magick, #1)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • Twixt
  • Mystic Ink
  • Hunter Moon
  • Only In Her Dreams (The Oneiroi, #1)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • The Tears of Elios (Elgean Chronicles, #1)
  • Beast of Fire (Knights of White, #5)
  • Night's Captive (Dark Enforcers #1)
  • Servant of the Gods (Servant of the Gods, #1)
  • Fated
  • Cupid's Love Potion : Mystery of the Golden Arrow (Paranormally Yours, #2)
  • The Witch's Dream (Knights of Black Swan, #2)
When her dreams of becoming a ballerina were quashed by early-onset klutziness, Diana Duncan took up the safer vocation of writing. Her first thrilling masterpiece—written in orange crayon—was titled “Perky the Kitten,” and became an instant bestseller with her grandparents.

Her childhood growing up as a military brat gave her ability to leap into a conversation with anyone, anywhere, anytime…and
“Don't ever 'influence' me against my will again, MacLachlan,. Or I will load your balls into my Cuisinart and press 'chop.” 8 likes
“Asshat! You Darth Vadered me!" (Delaney to Rowan)” 5 likes