Start by marking “Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)

Billow

(Ondine Quartet #2)

It has been six months since ondine Kendra Irisavie arrived in Haverleau, the hidden capital of the water elemental world.

Six months since she discovered her destiny as the sondaleur.

Six months since a series of devastating events left behind their mark.

Now, as she enters the chevalier elite program in her final year at Lumiere Academy, Kendra continues forward on her pro
Published July 5th 2012 by Mandorla Publishing

Start your review of Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
Marie
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book was immense definitely worth the long wait!

This book was just as good as the first and held its own! I was not disappointed one bit!

Really liked the twist with Ian- I SO did not see that coming.

I am falling hard for Julian he's always there and his power just adds to his appeal.
Tristan pissed me off at first but at the end he redeemed himself.
I'm glad she chose Leveq to go with her at the end! This should be interesting.

And above it all I hope Marcella obtains a miracle pulls
Patrycja
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing

There is so much to love about this book.

Billow has been on my wish list for a while ever since I finished reading Whirl the first book in Ondine Quartet Series which caught my eye on Goodreads. And I am not disappointed, great work Emma ! Can't wait to read Crest.

Melanie
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5*s
Loved it! Love Tristan !
Review posted here
BookGoddess
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book. The writing has leaped and matured great strides from the first book. There's a command to Raveling's words here, and moments of such sincerity and fragility, it took my breath away. I relished the moments, though scant, between Tristan and Kendra. Their conversations are beautiful, provoking and tender.

"So maybe you're looking at it wrong. Maybe the phrase doesn't mean beautiful war."
My mind traced the contours of his features. Heard the music he gave me, the words he'd said
Tara
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review:

I enjoyed the first book in this series. It had slightly different subject matter, dealing with Water elementals, than other YA books around at the moment, and I could easily relate to the characters in my mind – which is something I feel is pretty important. However, I had a few small niggles with that one – mainly Kendra’s immaturity and attitudes, as well as the seemingly massive imbalance of power between the Ondine and the Aquidae.

This book totally blew that out of the water.

This w
Aeicha
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Whirl (Ondine Quartet #1), with its wonderful world-building, engaging characters and superb storytelling, was one of my favorite reads last year, so I was super excited to dive into the sequel, Billow. And I’m happy to report that the sequel does not disappoint in any way.

Picking up six months after the end of the first book, Billow finds Kendra struggling to understand the role she must play as sondaleur, while dealing with the emotional and mental trauma of the devastating events in Whirl. Ke
Evelyn Amaro
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every UF & PNR Fan. Especially for Vampire Academy Lovers
Read my full review on: Paromantasy

Billow in one sentence: An action-packed, emotional rollercoaster ride of a read that will grip you from the very beginning and leave you begging for more.

It is official – this is one of my favorite urban fantasy series of all-time. When I say it is unputdownable - I mean it and the bags under my eyes can prove it. This installment of the Ondine Quartet series took everything I loved from Whirl and amplified it. It has been six months since the last time we saw
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I really liked Billow! It's such a great sequel to Whirl, and I just love this world.

As far as paranormal books go, this series is definitely different. I love that it focuses on elementals- and water ones, which is really cool to me! I liked seeing Kendra finally accept and make peace with being the sondaleur (or at least, make some good progress with accepting it) and she really struggled with everything that's happened so far.

I thought she was still a bit too independent and willing to run of
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
I dived into Billow as soon as I finished Whirl because, well after that ending who wouldn't? I was dying to know what would happen next to Kendra and the gang and of course, I was hoping and praying for more Tristan time.....sigh....I do love him!

Anyway, author Emma Raveling did a fantastic job with this fantastic sequel. In Billow we see the strong and independent Kendra struggle. After the loss of a friend, she's mourning but to everyone else, she's trying to keep her head above water. She t
Kayla
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really good sequel!
Jasmine
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Billow is a wonderful sequel to Whirl. Stakes are raised and everything changes in this novel.

Kendra begins to realize the weight she actually carries and how much sway she has on the future of not only her friends and loved ones but also for her entire race and community. We get more hints of how her destiny fits in with the more powerful beings that oversea this world. It is fascinating to see how she reacts to each of these realizations and highlights her strength, spirit, and stubbornness.

A
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Once again I was swept away with the world Raveling has built for her characters. Kendra has grown up some since the last book and then again displays the trauma she has faced in some not so healthy ways. Along the ride are what remains of her core group of elemental friends. The sexy and roguish Julian is back to stir up trouble and of course, we can't forget the perfect and almost godlike Tristan waiting in the background. So many events take place in this novel that I was not expecting, some ...more
katnissbraid.
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-on-diavs

oh. c'mon.
i can't read this yet.
but oh baby, i need you.
(why do i act like a stupid fangirl with some books?. crap).

25.08.2012
4.5
Okay, Kendra is a little bit stupid and sometimes annoying (you know? the whole "i'm a sandaleur and my life is nothing but i have to sacrifice myself" "i'm guilty for ryder's death, my mother's death, tristan's horrible life, julian's pain, and blah blah blah") but i have a guilty (but not so much) pleasure for these books.
Dana
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tba-2012
Kendra has been training to enter the elite chèvrelier. Tristan has been gone to the selkie kimgdom. She has also gotten fair at fending off her trainer Julian who annoyingly growing on her while showing a side of himself she's not comfortable with dealing with.

Her friends play a huge role in a lot of her realizations in this installment and although he get a couple of "Ahh" moments there is a lot of fighting, sneaking around and learning that value does not equal worth.

The ending will leave you
Leah
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kendra Irisavie is now my favorite heroine in YA.

Fantastic characters and world building. And the depth of Kendra's experiences in this book left me pretty moved when I finished. Definitely something I don't experience so often with YA. Great series!
Halyna
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
BRILLIANT INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES! It was darker, angstier than the first book, the plot was even more intricate and exciting. I absolutely loved Julian! Can't wait the next book! The series is a must-read!!!
Heather
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this one waaaay better than the first one! It was much more action-packed and conflicts were engaging. I liked the characters more in this one, and I loved seeing more unfold over all of them. This one definitely hooked me to the series!
Lara
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, beautiful, and sooo much character depth. LOVED it!!
Doralee
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, happy to see the second book is just as good if not better than the first! Im patiently waiting for the Third book.
Megan
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Even better than Whirl. (which was not an easy task) Great story and loved the insight on all the characters!! I couldnt put it down! Cant wait for the next one.
Tiffany
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Still loving this series. I just wish she would join team Julian! Although the Prince is a good adversary!
Madison
Oct 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
All I have to say is, dont ever, EVER, read this series.
Joanne Beatrice
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Six months after the first book, Kendra is as badass as ever and she can now use her Empath virtue on elementals. But this proves to become a disadvantage to her, and she finds herself in doubt on whether she's relying on her magical aspects more now compared to her physical strengths.

1st star - this series keeps getting better and better! It focuses more on Kendra's journey, not just as sondaleur, but also on how she continues to grow and handle the grief that comes with the elemental war going
Savannah Ray
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Prerana
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, paranormal
This was considerably better than the first book.

First, I would like to say that I have fallen in love with Julian LeVeq. In the first book, he was very much Adrian whatever-the-hell-his-last-name-was from Vampire Academy. He lounged on a lot of things and was sexy and flirted a lot. But this book? I swooned. I mean, the personality traits still lingered from the first book, but he was a thousand times better.

Anyway, Kendra was also considerably new and improved. I still don't like her very much
Rayne
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Kendra was so annoying at times, I wanted to throw my kindle across the room. Everyone has so much patience with her - it’s frustrating. She really needs to drop the martyr act - it got tiresome after awhile.
Overall a very strong read - definitely moving on from stereotypes and becoming a unique story.
Ana
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was posted on thebookhookup.com and was written in conjunction with guest reviewer Z!

The Story:
Ana: I really enjoyed this book. I thought the story took some good turns and continued to intrigue me. The bad guys are even more evil in this installment and things are getting personal. The magic is changing and Kendra’s abilities are shifting which makes the action more interesting. The romance is still in flux…I have a love/hate relationship with that element because I can’t decide whi
BookHookup
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it

The Story:
Nicole
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.8 stars for a much-improved second book.

Raveling finally hit her rhythm in Billow. Whirl felt like a tornado with two-dimensional characters, info-dumping and too-fast pace destroying an otherwise really exciting concept for a series. But in Billow, Raveling tapers back the pace, infuses her characters with actual personality and tidies up the plot direction.

As it turns out, Kendra isn’t just a spoilt airhead who acts out just to maintain her badass reputation. Though she’ll never be my fa
« previous 1 3 next »

• Refuge (Relentless, #2)
  • Rogue (Relentless, #3)
  • Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Warrior (Relentless, #4)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy #1)
  • Frostbite (The Dragonian, #3)
  • King Tomb (Forever Evermore, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1)
  • Haven (Relentless, #5)
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Moonbreeze (The Dragonian, #4)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Bind the Soul (Steel & Stone, #2)
  • Thunderlight (The Dragonian, #2)
  • Starlight (The Dragonian #5)
Emma Raveling resides in Honolulu with her husband and German shepherd.

Ondine Quartet (4 books)
  • Whirl (Ondine Quartet, #1)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)