Start by marking “Captain Shoelace: Seasonal Mayhem” as Want to Read:
Captain Shoelace: Seasonal Mayhem

Captain Shoelace: Seasonal Mayhem

2.33  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
A hilarious tale of the first year of Captain Shoelace's life in the English village of Effam. Split over four seasons, his life accelerates into a living nightmare as he endeavours to impress the villagers. This warning to all that pretentiousness does not pay, features colourful characters, wordplay and moderate sexual innuendo. Targeted for those aged 16 to 116, this vo ...more
Published (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Shoelace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Shoelace

Neil
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
At first I thought this was a teen book due to the way it was written but then the innuendos more and more obvious until they came to a crescendo of poorly written suggestive verse!
A few parts of the book made me laugh out loud and had there been less badly disguised sexual intimation then this would've been a very amusing book.
On a side note, the whole way through the book there are scatterings of words that the Captain in the story has to look up in his dictionary .. maybe the author could do
Patricia Wilson
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very funny book in which you will encounter many people whom you will instantly recognise and incidents which you will have experienced yourself on an almost daily basis. It reflects modern life in a hilarious, tongue in cheek way that will have you laughing out loud.
Alicia Myers
rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2014
Ben Kelly
rated it did not like it
Nov 12, 2015
Lobolance
Jan 22, 2016
Susie Rose
Apr 14, 2016
My word where to begin? I've had time on my hands over recent years, following early retirement, that I believe has been put to good use. My wife and I enjoy holidays, theatre and dining out, together I hasten to add; which I guess would keep most people content. Primarily though, I think I have been lucky to spend more time with my grandchildren than would otherwise have been possible.
I've been a
More about Brian Johnson...