Start by marking “Way of the Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #1)” as Want to Read:
Way of the Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #1)

Way of the Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  489 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Masters of Spinjitzu: a new force to save the world!

The legend of Spinjitzu begins. . . .

The son of a blacksmith, Kai’s only dream is to master his father’s craft. Until the day an army of skeleton warriors raids his villages and kidnaps his sister, Nya.

Kai’s only hope of rescuing his sister lies with Sensei Wu, a mysterious old man with a mission. Sensei Wu promises to te
Published February 1st 2012 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 2011)

Matt
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the early stages of the ninja preparation project, Kai is minding his own business and trying to live life as a blacksmith. When approached by Sensei Wu, Kai rebuffs him and mocks the idea of a Ninjago collective. However, as evil surrounds Ninjago City, Kai learns that he is an important part of the future of the city’s safety. Accepting Sensei Wu’s guidance, Kai learns how to hone his skill and make the most of what awaits him as one of the central ninja warriors. Neo likes these books and ...more
Darinda
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kai works in his father's blacksmith shop. One day, the skeleton army kidnaps his sister. Kai goes to train with Sensei Wu to become a ninja, so he can save his sister.

A level 1 reader. Good for young LEGO Ninjago fans.
midnightfaerie
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
I was mostly bored, but my 5 yr old loved it. It was a little long for him so he asked me to read it to him, so I did. It was a level 3 and my 5 yr old is reading level 2 books comfortably. He could have read it, it was just more enjoyable for him to have more of an even flow to the reading so he could pay more attention to the story, which he loved. I kept having to stop to hear my son talk about the different characters. So a great book to get kids interested in reading, especially those that ...more
Arielle foster
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I looooooooooooooooooove the movie.😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Andre
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mary
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
My son loved it. I though it was decent.
Melissa Namba
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: coplin
This book is too long and in depth for the target audience. The pictures are not engaging enough for the 4-5 paragraphs per page. This one is better about using real words, which is useful for emerging readers. It ends in a cliffhanger though, as the bad guys get away with Kai's sister. Which tells you the story was too long for one book i. The first place. Should have broken it up even more.
Bray
Dec 26, 2015 added it
it is really good because skeletons army attack a back smiths shop and Kai was fighting the skeletons and took the sister name nya on there truck. it h as dragons golden weapons and eximent and they have spinjisto that the four can make a tornado and lord garmondon exapes the under world and save sensay wu .
Sarah Adamson
Based on the tv series, this book explores the origins of Kai and the coming together of the 4 ninja as we know them. It's a book of the TV series so love that and one will love the book just like my daughter does.
Scott
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
My sons can't get enough of Ninjago. We read the Ninjago books before bed every night I know it is really just a big commercial, and Lego is just trying to get us parents to buy more $10 a pop mini figures.
Karyn
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Wow this book was bad. The writing was really choppy. There were ok attempts at humor, but the storyline did not flow well. Yes it is ninjas and Legos so it will appeal to young readers, but I did not enjoy reading it at all.
☆Brittany☆
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
E loves the Lego Ninjago books. At every book fair he wants me to buy him more. Seeing how he's an only child & we can afford too, I do! Lucky boy! :)
Needless to say, he said he really likes this book.
Annemarie
my 7 yr old reads all of these religiously, he also has a 5th grade reading level however these rank top of his favorites.
Treyvan
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Good
Johnny
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
this book is about adventure and action kai loses his sister and tries to get her back from the skeltons and lord garmodan I GIVE THIS 4 stars
Little Boog
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I t's really good it's about when Kai becomes a ninja
Megan
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, jared-s-choice
a favorite of my 5 year-old and 8 year-old
Christopher
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cool short story on the start of Ninjago!
Morris
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"I liked when they had that fight with Lord Garmadon's skeletons."
Olivia
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tv-characters
The pacing of this book is awful, it goes from no action to all action. It appears that this story is just a transcribed tv episode and I think some things were lost in translation.
Leo
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok
OwenJS
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I like ninjago and I love it too.
Bradly
May 29, 2015 added it
Kai,jay,col,zane so good
lily:)
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't actually READ this, but my brother read so much if it out loud, it's like I did so, ya I hated it!
Aaron
Mar 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lego
I love legos and this book and would recommend this book
Sharon
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dan, tom
The boys' newest obsession is LEGO Ninjago, so we picked up a few of these books at the library. The story-telling is painfully full of inconsistancies, but the boys absolutely love them.
Le Huy
rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2018
Dylan & Devon Tandoc
Nov 12, 2015
Eric
Oct 11, 2013
tim gray
May 03, 2016
  • Zane, Ninja of Ice (Ninjago Chapter Books, #2)
  • Batman: Meet the Super Heroes
  • LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia
  • Wonder Woman Classic: I Am Wonder Woman
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick!
  • Anakin to the Rescue (LEGO Star Wars)
  • Attack of the Zombies!
  • My Father the Dog
  • Titanicat
  • Mrs. Watson Wants Your Teeth
  • Horrible Harry on the Ropes
  • Dora Loves Boots
  • Somebody And The Three Blairs
  • Sharks (Fly Guy Presents, #1)
Tracey West is the bestselling author of more than 200 children's books. She is currently working on the Dragon Masters series, which is part of the Scholastic Branches line. Her past series include Pixie Tricks, Scream Shop, and Hiro's Quest.

Tracey is also known for writing books based on cartoons and films, including dozens of books about Pokemon.

She currently lives in New York's Hudson Valley w
More about Tracey West

LEGO Ninjago Reader (10 books)
  • Masters of Spinjitzu (LEGO Ninjago Reader, #2)
  • The Golden Weapons (LEGO Ninjago Reader #3)
  • Rise of the Snakes (LEGO Ninjago Reader #4)
  • A Ninja's Path (LEGO Ninjago Reader, #5)
  • Pirates Vs. Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #6)
  • The Green Ninja (LEGO Ninjago Reader #7)
  • Attack of the Nindroids (LEGO Ninjago Reader #8)
  • Techno Strike! (LEGO Ninjago Reader #9)
  • LEGO Ninjago Reader Pack: Book Set: #1-7