Start by marking “Seven Bones” as Want to Read:

Seven Bones

Seven Bones is the story of one of the more bizarre murder investigations in Australia's history. Two wives die in suspicious circumstances: co-incidence or, as husband Thomas Keir describes it, `bad luck'? Three years after Thomas Keir alleged his first wife Jean deserted him and her young son for another man, his second wife Rosalina, Jean's cousin, lay scorched and stra ...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Big Sky Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seven Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Bones

Vicki Tyley
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Oh, what a tangled web we weave when both my wives end up deceased.” – Seven Bones

Australian Thomas Andrew Keir was acquitted of murdering his second wife, and his conviction for killing his first wife was twice overturned.

This is a case I’ve followed over the years, even to the extent of reading court transcripts, so I was more than a little interested in reading this book, especially as it’s told from the viewpoint of one of the detectives involved in the case, Peter Seymour.

The prologue wasn
Rosemary Cantrell
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the story of a real crime committed in Australia. After his wife Jean disappears, Tom Keir claims that she has run off with another man. Others believe that he has killed her, but there is no evidence of that. He then remarries and his 2nd wife Rosalina is found dead in their bedroom, having been strangled and then the house set on fire.

Tom is charged with what looks to be a slam dunk case, but unbelievably he is found not guilty. Meanwhile, the detectives are still working on the missin
Lynda Kelly
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: true-crime
I really enjoyed this and I'm pleased to see justice was FINALLY done. It was a long journey (16 years) before poor Jean could find peace. I was sad about him getting away with murdering Rosalina, though. That's not right. I just looked for updates on Google and see they've abolished double jeopardy there the same as we have so there's still hope for her.
This is set in Australia in the late 80's, early 90's. A husband taken to court and prosecuted for the murder of his wife. His previous wife ha
Ronnie Cramer
This is actually a pretty average true crime book, but being Australian, it benefits from colorful language, characters, etc. Some of the situations are unintentionally humorous. For example, sending the bones to the U.S. for DNA analysis seems straight-forward enough, but transpires like this: "We should send these to America." "I agree, Mate." Many years and many pages later: "What we really should do is send these bones to America." "Good call Mate." Years later: "The Americans are the DNA ex ...more
Sharyn
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book is a true crime story and as much as I want to say it was really good, it was really sad and made me angry. At the jury/justice that he received. The book was well written and I loved that the author and scribe used the language 'of the day'.
I was lucky enough to receive this book as a birthday present from a very good friend who was also lucky and the author - Peter Seymour - actually signed this and his second book (which is NOT on Goodreads - grrr)
I recommend this book to anyo
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
This novel was beautifully written, was clear and consice. The facts were written so the reader could understand them without needing a dictionary and that is a nice change from other true crime novels.

This tale is haunting and shocking, and i'm glad that Tom was finally caught and charged for his crimes. This seems more thrilling because it is an Australian tale, and being an Australian, it always hits closer to home when you know the place in which things as this take place.

A fantastic tale of
Sue-Ellen
Interesting, the murders happened not far from where I grew up. The book is written in the voice of the investigating detective which actually is a plus as you can tell he is a very genuine person. The subject is about a man who murdered both his wives, got off and then was pursued for 10 years until the truth was revealed. Shows you how hard it is to prove the obvious in front of a jury and how easy it is to get away with a crime.
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seven Bones

This is a great true crime novel told by the detective that spent years on the case. This novel was different for me because it is about the victims and their lives instead of about the killer. That made it a more special kind of true crime to me and I will remember it for a long time
Maggie
Detailed account of the murder charges brought against Thomas Keir for the deaths of his two wives. Told in a chatty, blokey way. The only thing which seemed totally out of place were the supposed supernatural encounters of the lead detective.
Katie
Every day I think of the things that I am thankful for. After finishing this book, today I am so very grateful for Detective Peter Seymour and everything that he did for these victims and their families.
falon Broussard
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book

it's a great book keeps you wanting more and more to read !!! I love this book ! it keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what s nexts
Audrey Grant
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
An amazingly, horrifying true story!
Kylie
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seven Bones was a really intriguing book. I just didn't want to put it down.
It was very well written and very easy to read.
John Mize