Start by marking “Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)

Intuition

(Intangible 0.5)

Intuition: A Bonus Intangible short story, an introduction to the highly rated Intangible Series. An enthralling glimpse into the Intangible world by an "author [who] has a way with words that just pulls you into the story and holds you there until the very last word, and even then you just do not want to be let go" (Shelly Hammond).

Luke and his twin sister Sera have unusu
Published October 17th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Intuition, please sign up.

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I thoroughly enjoyed this short story prequel to Intangible. I can't wait to read the book.
I love that the protagonists are twins with different powers.

This prequel is free on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and it's really very short. Read it next time you have ten minutes to spare.
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

Before I started reading Intangible I looked into what other books J. Meyers had written and saw Intuition. It is free to purchase off Amazon and it is very much a prequel to Intangible. I actually read it after though because I didn't notice how short it was and wanted to be able to review Intangible as soon as possible. Even though this was only 51 pages it really gave you a sense of who Luke an
Becca
Very short preview free ebook that serves as a launching vehicle for INTANGIBLE (release date winter 2012)...through which we meet Luke and Sera.  Told through the eyes of Luke, he and his twin sister are taking a hike up "their" mountain in Vermont when events unfold. They were just looking for their place; where they can be themselves;  where they don't have to hide their powers.

Even as short as this taste was...it was good. Nicely written. It left me wanting more of their story!
Pamela
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
**I actually give this a rating of 3.5.**

Let me just first say that I didn't realize that this bonus story actually took place prior to the story in Intangible. Had I thought to check when they were published, I might have known to read this before reading Intangible, but as it was, I didn't. So, if interested in this series, be sure to read this story first!

Intuition seems to take place not long before the story in Intangible. You have 17 year old twins, Luke and Sera Raine, who are Gifted. Ser
Dani
I'm glad I picked this little short story up. I've been curious about Intangible, so I thought I'd give Intuition a try to get a feel for J. Meyers her style and, of course, this series. I thought this short prequel very well done, and the situation/cliffhanger she creates definitely left me hooked and wanting more of Luke & Sera's story.

I'm also very excited about the prospect of a sibling relationship being at the heart of this series. Even in this short story, Luke & Sera's close rel
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I read this story before and after I read the book Intangible--before because the events of this story take place before Intangible, and after to refresh my take on the characters. I recommend you read this story before and after also!

I enjoyed the story more the second time I read it because I had more insight into Luke and Sera's personalities as well as their relationship as twins. I was left wanting more!

It's funny because I had downloaded this story shortly after I received my Kindle for
Sana
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Intuition is a prequel novella to Intangible and it's very short. The synopsis of Intangible had me intrigued and when I discovered that it has a free prequel, I was all for it!

I am glad I read Intuition, the whole concept seems very different from the usual paranormal young adult books out there and the covers are pretty, too. Intuition started off with Luke feeling the impending doom and urging the feeling to take over him. He can see the future. He and Sera, his twin sister, then start out fo
Amy Fournier
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is just a very short story that introduces us to Sera and Luke. We get to see how they interact with each other and learn what they can do. I read this after reading Intangible, so it was just a nice extra story to see Luke having this certain vision for the first time, which is what the whole book Intangible focuses on. I thought it was a great story, but when I say short, I really mean short. It is about the length of a chapter of a book. If you want to get to know Sera and Luke a little ...more
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
This was an intense little short prequel of Intangible! It gives us the back story of Luke's vision of his sister Sera's death. It also shows a little bit of Luke's and Sera's powers. Luke's vision of the future that he's NEVER been able to change, no matter how many times he tries. And we get to see a little bit of Sera's healing power and how it works!

I haven't read the first book Intangible yet, I'm going to be reading it next, but I can tell that's going to be as good as this one, if not
Dianne
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This very short introduction to the Intangible YA series is an attention grabber! Twins, Luke and Sera each have a special 'ability.' Sera is able to heal others with her touch. Luke can see the future, but is helpless to do anything about it. While hiking, Sera has the opportunity to heal someone because Luke saw what was going to happen.

Then, Luke has another vision, and it chills him to the bone when he realizes what it means, and he is helpless to stop it!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow! This was a great prequel! I loved the characters Luke and Sera and am definitely looking forward to reading more about them and their abilities.
The ending was a huge cliffhanger and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Very well written, I think this promises to be a fantastic, unique series.
JenniferJ
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, z2012
A quick short sampling into the Intangible Series. I love the twins abilities although I think I would hate to have his and be able to foretell the future. That's something I don't wanna know until it gets here! I wanted to smack computer when I got to the lil cliffhanger at the end though... Wow I got to read more from this series!
Katarina Pisarova
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Definitely made me want to read the novel:)
It was like a really short preview, though.
Not much you can do with only 10 pages, but it did make me curious.
Looking forward to reading "Intangible"
Ginger Woods
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: burnable
Alright well I didn't notice it was a short story leading into a book but thank god it was. Otherwise I would have went ham on this authors behind.

But to be honest this short 35 page preview was pretty boring. I barley made it through and it was a five minute read!

Did I want to read the actual book this was advertising? Absolutely not. Did I care for the characters? Nope. Was the ending a good cliffhanger? Yeah but it could have been tons better .

The idea of the story is a bit overdone, althoug
Eileen Neustadt
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real life or what we are able to believe

I was spell bound wondering what will happen to Sera, as Intuition ended. Then l turned the page and story continued with a new book.
Kaitlyn Francis
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, nook
Ever wonder that the impossible were actually possible, for Luke and Sera they know first hand because they can do the unimaginative. Luke is able to see the future which is all that great because everything he sees actually comes true. For Sera being a healer has its perks sure, but never has their been someone to question if she actually healed them. If that were to happen, well they probably used against their wishes. So keeping quit about their abilities is easy, not even their parents know ...more
Jodi Davis
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read this and other reviews at my blog.

Luke and his twin sister Sera have unusual abilities. Hers is a gift—she can heal with a touch of her hand. His is a curse—he can see the future but he can’t do anything about it.

On a hike up the mountain, Luke has a vision unlike any other—one that leaves him terrified. Knowing that it will come true—and that he must do everything in his power to stop it—leaves his own future uncertain.
Twins, Luke and Sera, have special abilities. She can heal someone with
S. Policar
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one is such a tease! It definitely leaves you aching to start on Intangible. Here you get a small taste of Luke and Sera and the things they can do. The gift of intuition and the gift of healing. Though this story mainly focuses on the intuition aspect obviously.

The only flaw I found to this was not in the story itself. It was in the italics J.Meyer forgot to undo after the last vision Luke has. But it's a small error and only someone as ocd as I am about things will find it a bother.

Becaus
Ann
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great intro to the Intangible series. We get a run down of who Luke and Sera are and their abilities.

Luke sees the future. He gets a feeling of "impending doom", you know when you're hesitant about going into a situation because you just know something's going to go wrong, that's how I'd like to describe his precognition state. Then he sees a vision of someone else and usually something terrible is about to happen to them.

Sera can heal people, actually she can heal their immediate
Annamarie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Intuition is the prequel to Jen Meyers Intangible trilogy. I got this book for free on Amazon.

This story is short but there is plenty of adventure and magic. It is only a sneak peak into the lives of Luke and Sera but you can see why Luke feels like his gift isn't so much a gift but a curse.

The twins had only planned on going for a hike so that they could be themselves and not have to hide who they are when something happens preventing them from continuing their hike.

This short has left me wanti
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I got a free copy of this book from Amazon and I'm so glad I did.

This novella gives us some insight into Luke and Sera, twins with remarkable gifts. Luke is a Seer. He has visions of the future but he is unable to do anything about those visions. Sera is a healer and can heal with the touch of her hands.

I really loved this introduction to Luke and Sera. Their sibling connection is really awesome. You can see how they care about each other and how they would do anything for one another.

When Luke
Shelly Hammond
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very short story that is currently (I am not sure if it always is or not) free on Amazon. It is written as a teaser and includes a chapter to the full length book “Intangible”. After reading this 16 page short and also reading the chapter, I will give you a little word of advice. Do not read it… unless you already purchased the full length book to follow it with as it is one heck of a teaser and you will be kicking yourself or rushing to get the book the second you finish it because yo ...more
Rachel "Rai29"
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
(Originally posted on http://rai29bookreadnreview.blogspot....)

ISBN: 9781465964786
Publisher: Self / Indie
Pages: -

Luke and his twin sister Sera have unusual abilities. Hers is a gift - she can heal with a touch of her hand. His is a curse - he can see the future but he can’t do anything about it.

On a hike up the mountain, Luke has a vision unlike any other - one that leaves him terrified. Knowing that it will come true - and that he must do everything in his power to stop it - leaves his own futu
Leann
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Intuition is an incredibly brief yet intriguing short story that will make you very curious about Intangible .

Written in third person, it centers around twins Luke and Sera, as they go for a hike. Luke can see the future, and what he sees always comes true - no matter what he does. Sera can heal a person with a touch. Their sibling relationship seemed very genuine, and the writing was easy to get into.

I'm not going to get into details. Intuition is a nice introduction into who the two main cha
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
This is a short story, only twenty-two pages long but it sets up the first book Intangible very well and had me wanting to start it as soon as I'd finished this novella.
This story is about twins Luke and Sera who each have special gifts, Luke has visions of the future and Sera can heal people with her touch.
They decide one day to take a hike and while doing so Luke has a vision of a man on the mountain falling and injuring his knee, never having been able to stop a vision from coming true he rus
Bungle Midnight Reads
Intuition is a very short story at only 18 pages long but I rather enjoyed it. This bonus story was released before Intangible which I didn't realise and I read it after the main story but it was fine, I think you can read Intuition before or after Intangible, it adds to the story either way. But I think knowing what I know now I would read it as my starting point, It gives us the main premise for Intangible.

What I really like about Intuition was that it took just one event and concentrate on i
Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enjoyed, for-review
When J Meyers emailed me and asked me if I was interested in reviewing Intangible, despite how amazing it sounded I almost had to turn it down (what with exams and all!). But he then mentioned Intuition was free and would introduce me to his characters. Well, I was sold!

So, this is a very short introduction to J's novel Intangible. I'm impressed with the premise. The idea for the novel is shown to be an interesting one from Intuition and it allows us to meet the characters inside the Intangible
Pretty in Fiction
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews-by-jesse
Originally posted on Pretty In Fiction.

Intuition by J. Meyers is a bonus Intangible short story. It centers on twins Luke and Sera as they hike up Mt. Mansfield, one of their favorite pastimes. Not only is it a scenic place to be, but it also helps to calm the twins, something they desperately need, considering their gifts. You see, Luke is a Seer, he sees the future, while Sera can heal with just a touch. So when Luke has a vision of a fellow hiker in danger, the twins set out to help.

Intuition
Alicia
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just want to start this review by talking about the cover art. I just love the font for the title. It is overall a beautiful cover. I really hope someday we get it in print.

I really enjoyed this short story. J. Meyers did a wonderful job of pulling me into the story the moment I read the first sentence. I stayed enthralled all the way till the end and even then I was left wanting more!

Luke and Sera are twins with unusual gifts. Luke can see the the future although so far he has not ever been a
TheBookAddictedGirl
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Lovers!
Luke has visions of the future, visions that always come true. Sera can heal, influence. The twins have to keep their gifts secret; people react badly, they get scared or angry.
On a hike one day, Luke has a vision, the worst one he's ever had. He sees someone dead in a cave. He is sure he knows the person, but as he can't see them he doesn't know who they are. His visions always come true. Can Luke stop this one before it’s too late?
Intuition was a great little story, introducing us to the worl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Has anyone noticed the cover of Intangible? 1 10 Apr 10, 2012 05:42PM

• Linger
  • Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Unfinished
  • Broken Wing (Requiem #0.5)
  • The Pearl Savage (Savage, #1)
  • Raven (The Raven Saga, #1)
  • Sojourner (Sojourner, #1)
  • Necromancer (Necromancer, #0.5)
  • The Discovery (Pyxis, #1)
  • Beasts and BFFs (13 to Life, #0.5)
  • Night Marchers (Night Marchers, #1)
  • Dream Walker
  • The Initiate (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #0.5)
  • ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2)
  • Eternity
Jen Meyers grew up in Vermont, spent three years in Germany when she was a kid, and now lives in central New York. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s chasing after her four kids, playing outside, relishing the few quiet moments she gets with her husband, and forgetting to make dinner.

She is the author of the highly-rated Intangible series, a young adult contemporary fantasy, and numerous con

Intangible (2 books)
  • Intangible (Intangible, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)